TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

The Chest Protector was one of the greatest things D'Lo ever did. If D'Lo comes back, he needs the chest protector. D'Lo without the chest protector is like Halloween without the costumes and candy, just not worth it.

Check the conspiracy theorist. Even as a guitarist, I hadn't considered tablature.

I really hope it's Jericho, but the way this year has gone Jericho will get busted with a hooker and a gram of blow next week on his book tour.

save_us_222 = return of Ashley.

That's an interesting video with the tabs. I don't know man, I really really really want it to be Jericho, but you know, for some reason... I think it's going to be something extremely dissapointing.

I always thoughtit would be a cool idea thattheyhad jericho return at the royal rumble as a mystery person and while they're doing the countdown from 10 at the # 4 it turned into the jericho countdown

Thats like the awsome-ist idea ever.

Agreed. That really is freaking awesome.

The Chest Protector was one of the greatest things D'Lo ever did. If D'Lo comes back, he needs the chest protector. D'Lo without the chest protector is like Halloween without the costumes and candy, just not worth it.

He doesn't have the chestprotector anymore. That doesn't mean WWE could give D-lo another one, but D-Lo doesn't have the old one anymore.

Just watched that You Tube video thing....was there any significance in using "The Wizard" by Black Sabbath? Or was that just a random song?

Probably just a random song.

I always thoughtit would be a cool idea thattheyhad jericho return at the royal rumble as a mystery person and while they're doing the countdown from 10 at the # 4 it turned into the jericho countdown

Really? Blowing a potential money-making return on a Royal Rumble match that he cannot in all fairness win is "awesome"?

Really? Blowing a potential money-making return on a Royal Rumble match that he cannot in all fairness win is "awesome"?

Yep.

Take it for what its worth but a friend of mine told me that he experimented with the promo (try to find clues and such) and found out that if you play the sound in the video in slow motion, you hear "Raw is Jericho". I havn't tried it but it'll be worth checking out.

He doesn't have the chestprotector anymore. That doesn't mean WWE could give D-lo another one, but D-Lo doesn't have the old one anymore.

Any form of the chest protector is needed. He was so incredibly over and awesome with the chest protector. Being the greatest European Champion ever, hell the belt was worthless to the world when he lost it.

But D'Lo without a chest protector? I don't know why, but he becomes incredibly uninteresting.

Yea, that was when D-Lo beat HHH for his first European championship. Of course the win wasn't clean as there was interference by the Rock and that was a huge upset because HHH-Rock had been booked title vs. title for Fully Loaded in a two out of three falls match and I didn't expect HHH to lose his belt. That whole issue then moved on to the next week's RAW where HHH interfered and nearly cost the Rock the IC belt against X-Pac but the Rock ended up retaining and the Fully Loaded match became a bout for just the IC title.

Dave Meltzer stated Thursday night that Chris Jericho has picked WWE over TNA for his return to the ring, and that Y2J is likely to return to WWE on 10/7 at the No Mercy PPV. Meltzer had been reporting that Jericho was in talks with both WWE and TNA, but ultimately opted to mark his return with World Wrestling Entertainment.

GERWECK.net

Bit disappointed with this. I've never considered Jericho to have enough credibility to be anything higher than a top-end midcarder, and I can't see that changing. Though that may say more about my general disillusionment about the way things are going. Either way, claiming he's a big enough name to "save" anything bigger than a word processor document is a joke.

That opinion is likely because they spent about 5 years jobbing Jericho out. Make no mistake, if they had really followed up strong on his debut in Aug. 1999 he would have been a much bigger star than he ended up being. Instead he went around struggling with X-Pac, Road Dog, and jobbed to Chyna and really was never quite the same.

Shame he's getting on now, really. If he'd been pushed hard instead of as the upper-midcard rent-a-heel/token babyface he ended up as he could have probably been a REAL star from debut onwards. I mean, watching the debut video on YouTube again... that much of a pop for a debuting heel interrupting the freaking ROCK? And his promo skills, in all honesty, got better from then on. But healthy as he always seemed, there's probably not THAT many years left in a Y2J tank for wrestling like he does/used to. It's not that he was a spot-tastic bump machine, but it's also not like he's Hogan, who can keep doing (badly) what he always did (badly) only slightly slower and sloppier year after year.

Shame he's getting on now, really. If he'd been pushed hard instead of as the upper-midcard rent-a-heel/token babyface he ended up as he could have probably been a REAL star from debut onwards. I mean, watching the debut video on YouTube again... that much of a pop for a debuting heel interrupting the freaking ROCK? And his promo skills, in all honesty, got better from then on. But healthy as he always seemed, there's probably not THAT many years left in a Y2J tank for wrestling like he does/used to. It's not that he was a spot-tastic bump machine, but it's also not like he's Hogan, who can keep doing (badly) what he always did (badly) only slightly slower and sloppier year after year.

Jericho certainly had the attitude and charisma to be a main event level player, but he wasn't from an in-ring standpoint. It's not that he was a poor worker, quite the opposite really, but he worked to too "soft." His offensive repotoire never looked convincing enough, especially for a guy who was visibly smaller than the other main eventers. Smarks can be very forgiving of a guy if he seems talented, but for the mainstream fan there is a level of credibility that has to be conveyed by main eventers.

Jericho certainly had the attitude and charisma to be a main event level player, but he wasn't from an in-ring standpoint. It's not that he was a poor worker, quite the opposite really, but he worked to too "soft." His offensive repotoire never looked convincing enough, especially for a guy who was visibly smaller than the other main eventers. Smarks can be very forgiving of a guy if he seems talented, but for the mainstream fan there is a level of credibility that has to be conveyed by main eventers.

shit man, I thought you were talking about Rey Mysterio halfway through!

That opinion is likely because they spent about 5 years jobbing Jericho out. Make no mistake, if they had really followed up strong on his debut in Aug. 1999 he would have been a much bigger star than he ended up being. Instead he went around struggling with X-Pac, Road Dog, and jobbed to Chyna and really was never quite the same.

Come on now. Jericho was way over with the crowd throughout 2000 and most of 2001. He more then rebounded from his first few months in the company. Awful booking during his 2nd heel run/title reign is what he never recovered from, but even then he was still more over then most of the mid carders today and still will be when he returns.

As far as "Jericho isn't good enough to "save us." Quit over thinking. JBL calls himself a "Wrestling God" for goodness sakes.