DET @ WAS

ATL @ TEN

ARI @ STL

TB @ IND

What Difference Could a Coach Make? @ Bastards of the Late Game Slot

BAL @ SF

No Fire, No Passion @ The Deviants' Choice

DAL @ BUF

Atlanta at Tennessee...this is a tough one honestly. Yeah, people are probably expecting Tennessee to walk all over the field but teams have a tough time getting into the endzone against the Falcons. Falcons offense still has its hickups though, but hopefully Joey is taking a step in the right direction. I think Tennesse will take this one in my heart but I am going to stick with Falcons on this one by 3.

Alex Smith possibly has serious tendon injury

A team source has told ESPN's Ed Werder that San Francisco 49ers starting quarterback Alex Smith is seeking a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews after preliminary MRI results indicated he appears to have suffered a serious injury to tendons in his right shoulder in Sunday's game.

If the diagnosis performed at Stanford is confirmed by Andrews, the source said that it is expected Smith would opt to have corrective surgery immediately even though he would likely miss the rest of the season.

The 49ers have reported Smith's injury as a grade three shoulder separation that would not require surgery but would sideline him indefinitely.

Well, unless they do well with Dilfer (didn't happen last week) I guess the 49er resurgence will be held off for another year.

Trent Dilfer's gonna lead the 49ers to Super Bowl glory..

or not

Trent Dilfer playing for SF is just one of the storylines during this weeks matchup with the Ravens. Mike Nolan used to be the Ravens Def. Coordinator. Brian Billick was drafted by the 49ers in 1977 but cut and never played a game and instead went to work for them as Assistant Director of Public Relations for 2 years. Frank Gore went to Miami and had the starting job over Willis McGahee in spring practices before getting hurt.

I'm pulling for The Brownies, even though I know they don't have a chance in hell, it would be amazing to see them beat New England.

Alex Smith possibly has serious tendon injury

A team source has told ESPN's Ed Werder that San Francisco 49ers starting quarterback Alex Smith is seeking a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews after preliminary MRI results indicated he appears to have suffered a serious injury to tendons in his right shoulder in Sunday's game.

If the diagnosis performed at Stanford is confirmed by Andrews, the source said that it is expected Smith would opt to have corrective surgery immediately even though he would likely miss the rest of the season.

The 49ers have reported Smith's injury as a grade three shoulder separation that would not require surgery but would sideline him indefinitely.

Well, unless they do well with Dilfer (didn't happen last week) I guess the 49er resurgence will be held off for another year.

They were struggling even with Smith. I don't see them going anywhere anyways. Both the Seahawks & Cardinals look to be better teams right now.

As bad as Smith can be he's still a much better option than Dilfer. Worst thing in all of this is the Patriots have the Niners' 1st Round pick in 2008.

Here are my picks for the week:

JAC @ KC: KC is playing better lately, but I'll have to take the Jags to pull off a fairly low scoring win here. JAX by 4.

CLE @ NE: You want assrape? This will deliver. Pats by 21.

CAR @ NO: I have no idea at all. I'll assume the Saints will bear down after the bye week and win this one at home. Saints by 7.

JETS @ GIANTS: Hey the Giants are on a bit of a roll now, so I think they will keep it up. NYG by 8.

MIA @ HOU: Houston is all kinds of banged up, but I think they can still beat the hopeless Dolphins. Texans by 6.

SEA @ PIT: Seahawks are playing well, but the Steelers need to rebound from the loss last week. Steelers by 3.

DET @ WAS: Tough one to call. I don't really buy into the Lions yet, so I'll take the Redskins at home by 4.

ATL @ TEN: Falcons got a win last week, but I don't think it'll happen here. Titans by 10.

ARI @ STL: The Rams suck really hard this year. Cardinals by 13.

TB @ IND: Injuries all over the place for both teams, but I just can't see the Bucs winning in Indy. Colts by 7.

SD @ DEN: God, who knows? Neither team impresses me at all, but I can't see the Chargers sucking this bad forever. SD by 3.

BAL @ SF: The Ravens are a baffling team, but the Niners can't score at all. Ravens by 6.

CHI @ GB: Packers are on a roll right now and the Bears are tanking. I can't see this being the Pack's first loss, not at home. GB by 7.

DAL @ BUF: Some might think the Bills can hang here. I don't. Dallas by 17.

I wonder how Carolina reacts to Kris Jenkins' declaration that they're all dogging it.

And when will they give up on Dan Morgan? If his brain hits his skull one more time they're going to arrest it for assault.

Though it's not likely, Buffalo could pull an upset, especially if Trent Edwards continues his solid play. Dallas will probably win but I think it will be closer than people expect.

Deja Vu

Green Bay vs. Chicago intrigues me. You have two teams with two different paths. On one end, the Packers are playing WAY better then I, and I assume most, thought they would. The Bears are playing way worse then I thought they would. I figure Green Bay keeps it going to 5-0 here.

The other game that really intrigues me is Seahawks vs. Steelers. Most likely because I live in Washington. Both teams are 3-1. Both teams have lost to the Cardnials. If the Seahawk's win this game, it is possible that they could get 12 or more wins based on their schedule. They have some big games coming up, but most if not all of their really tough games are at home, and Seattle is one of the toughest teams to beat at home. The rest of their schedule includes:

Road: Steelers, Browns, Rams, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons

Home: Saints, Rams, Niners, Bears, Cardnials, Ravens

There's some decently tough games, but they do not have ANY of the other really strong teams outside of the Steelers. Out of all the teams they have to play their biggest threats are Browns, Saints, Bears, Eagles, Panthers, Cardnials and Ravens. I would have included the Niners if Alex Smith wasn't possibly out of the season. Four of those are at home, and really, none of the teams have looked THAT good so far. Their all 2-2 or less, and have some kind of gapping hole in their game that Seattle just doesn't have right now. If Seattle can keep up with Green Bay, and Dallas, the NFC will be VERY interesting as we progress.

Or I could be underestimating the schedule and Seattle implodes. Who knows.

The Lions are 0-20 or something ridiculous like that @WSH. I don't even consider that a legit reason to pick the Skins though. Detroit's WRs scare me, but overall I feel the Redskins are a better team, so at home I will take them.

Washington 31

Lions 20

As bad as Smith can be he's still a much better option than Dilfer. Worst thing in all of this is the Patriots have the Niners' 1st Round pick in 2008.

that's a beautiful thing. Gotta wonder how Goodell would feel about seeing the Pats with a top 10 pick in the draft after stripping their own away from them.

The Lions are 0-20 or something ridiculous like that @WSH. I don't even consider that a legit reason to pick the Skins though. Detroit's WRs scare me, but overall I feel the Redskins are a better team, so at home I will take them.

Washington 31

Lions 20

If I was betting my life on it, I'd probably have to go with the Redskins. I think Detroit has a good shot to win though. I'm hoping that this is the game where they finally put it all together. Even in their wins, they've made quite a few mistakes (red-zone turnovers, poor tackling, bad return/coverage units, too many sacks given up). Listening to some of the players and coaches' comments, they also seem to be playing the "no respect" card so maybe that'll help.

My Ravens best be ready San Francisco. Cause we ain't been ready for one game all year. That's cause BRIAN BILLICK a jackass who doesn't know how to develop talent or call plays.

I say if Ravens finish without playoffs we should fire Billick.

Trent Dilfer is opposing QB and we can stop Frank Gore. So no reason why SF should get points against us. So LETS GO RAVENS beat those Niners and win on the road first time this season!!!

JAC @ KC

CLE @ NE

CAR @ NO

JETS @ GIANTS

MIA @ HOU

SEA @ PIT

DET @ WAS

ATL @ TEN

ARI @ STL

TB @ IND

SD @ DEN

BAL @ SF

CHI @ GB

DAL @ BUF

The Chicago vs Green Bay game should be interesting.

My Ravens best be ready San Francisco. Cause we ain't been ready for one game all year. That's cause BRIAN BILLICK a jackass who doesn't know how to develop talent or call plays.

I say if Ravens finish without playoffs we should fire Billick.

Trent Dilfer is opposing QB and we can stop Frank Gore. So no reason why SF should get points against us. So LETS GO RAVENS beat those Niners and win on the road first time this season!!!

OMG! I have competition on the board for biggest Ravens homer.

The Ravens biggest problem is injuries. McNair is still hurt and its obvious, Rolle is out which puts Corey Ivy at CB, Trevor Pryce is out and it has killed their pass rush, Todd Heap and Dan Wilcox are hurt leaving a TE that prior to last week had caught one pass in his career, and Jonathan Ogden is still out with his toe which to an extent has hurt the offensive line (but he was hurting them more when he tried to play on it back in the Cincy game, so..) You cant lose that many of your top players and expect to win every week.

The Ravens aren't in a lot of trouble yet, but..Their next three games are all must wins vs San Francisco, St. Louis and Buffalo and if they lose even one of these games before the bye week, the word Playoffs and Ravens wont be uttered in the same sentence this year. The good news is the collective records of these teams are 2-10 and each team is probably just as banged up and injury riddled as the Ravens are. If they can make it to the bye week at 5-2, they should have Rolle and Pryce back to help the defense, Ogden has been planning on returning the 2nd game back after the bye, and all the nagging injuries to McNair, Heap etc should be healed up. Which is just in time for their key games vs Pittsburgh, Indy and New England (with Indy/NE being at home).

Well injuries are a big problem you're right. But we also lost Thomas in our pass rush AND our coverage and we will hurt all year from that. Pryce needs come back quick. Suggs has been an extreme disappointment as main pass rusher but good news is it might hurt his value in this contract year.

I was thinking same thing about the n ext three games. We gotta win em all but can we do it on the road?

And about injuries we do need to get healthy but guess what McNair is old and he's not gonna get better if BILLICK start him EVERY WEEK and he's starting again this week!

Boller is NOT that bad!! He isn't good but he is nowhere near as bad people make him out to be. Start Boller NOW!!! Until McNair gets healthy.

Pats Goal-Line offense looks bad. Props to the Brown D for clamping down. This game should already be out of hand but they are hanging tough in the Red Zone

Tell me again, how is Matt Schaub really any different than David Carr? Without Green, the Texans look about the exact same as they did when David was a tackling dummy.