TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 2007 No Mercy Thread

I think I'm correct in saying that you have to climb out of the prison to win the Punjabi Prison match? Does anyone know if Khali can even climb over it?

Yeah, you have to get escape both cages, the second of which has no door, so climbing out is the "only" way. In the last match, both Taker and Khali lightly fell through the side of the cage, with Taker being named the winner.

So..who does everyone think will walk out champion? I assume the most probable is Orton, but realistically it could be any of the following:

Orton

Triple H

Jeff Hardy

Kennedy

Umaga

CM Punk

Undertaker

Ric Flair

Jericho

That's a pretty good number of possibilities..all of which I'd rather see as champion than Cena.

I'll say it's down to Orton/Jericho/Hardy/No one.

HHH's title win will get hyped and built probably for WM, Umaga has no chance, Kennedy is in the first class dog house, Punk isn't top shelf enough to get the main title and a hometown pop isn't enough, Undertaker is slated for the World title, Flair isn't happening.

Here's what I would do for the main event, if 222 isn't showing up tonight. Earlier in the evening, have two qualifying matches. Kennedy vs Matt Hardy, MVP vs Jeff Hardy. The winners of those two matches (Kennedy and Jeff Hardy (Matt and MVP would cost either other their matches)) plus the winners of the other two non-title matches (Triple H and Rey) go on to face Orton in a 5-way elimination match. Orton wins.

If they don't have Jericho in the main event, then they're simply throwing away one of the hottest moments in wrestling in the past number of years. In the promos we have all of the "save us" stuff, their biggest star and champion in John Cena got hurt, and here comes Jericho once again to save the day. It's perfect, it's one of those things that just falls into the lap of a wrestling company, and it doesn't happen very often like that. I don't want some sort of multi-man match, I don't want a mini tournament.

I want to see Vince McMahon open the show revealing that there will be a WWE title match, it will still be one on one, and Randy Orton will still be in the match, then leave it at that for the rest of the night. Finally they have Orton come down, and he's standing in the ring waiting to find out who his opponent for the vacant title will be. Nothing happens for a number of seconds, maybe a minute, and all the while Randy Orton is getting hotter and hotter in the ring. Finally the lights totally go down, a new save_us.222 video with the music starts up, huge pyro starts up, and Chris Jericho makes his huge return. Have him say a few words perhaps before the match, have him and Orton go about 20 minutes, and have Jericho win the title.

Doing something like that would be huge, although I know that it's not likely. With John Cena being injured it would really shake up WWE right now. It could almost be symbolic of something of a new era in WWE, even if for just a short while. It would be huge, the pop would be huge, and fans everywhere would go insane.

That said, as I said I know it's not likely. I fully expect either Orton or HHH to walk out with the title tonight, and it'll be done so in a way that is as non-exciting as possible. Prove me wrong WWE. I think Jericho will show up, but wont be involved in the title match. Someone predicted a simple encounter between himself and Ken Kennedy, and that's what I think will happen as well.

I'm home from dinner at my aunt's and even though my other friends are busy, I just realized I'm getting $100 from someone on Tuesday and am contemplating throwing some of this extra money away on a PPV impulse by. I know 24/7 won't be showing it on Cogeco due to some whack restrictions I just learned about so... yeah, I could order it and tape it, I guess.

Or not, and save my money.

The show should start with McMahon coming out and announcing the winner of Umaga/HHH will face Orton for the title tonight and Kennedy comes out to protest. McMahon agrees that Kennedy should get a title shot but just as he says that, Jeff Hardy comes out and says he'd be glad to give Kennedy a title shot, the IC title and after beating Kennedy, he should be the rightful #1 contender. McMahon agrees to the impromptu match and declares whomever wins will get the first title shot at whomever is the new champion. Hardy/Kennedy opens the show (it needs more filler anyways). Umaga/HHH goes to a bloody non-finish to set up the return gimmick at CS and leaves the main event open with just Orton. Whomever WWE decides to go with, Jericho or Hardy, comes out and stuns Orton for the win. McMahon shouldn't know Jericho is back.

The only way I see Orton winning the title tonight is if they just make it a routine 4 way and Hardy eats the RKO.

I'd mark out if they actually pushed Jeff Hardy to beat Orton for the title as well, but I think that's way more unlikely than a Jericho win (and I'd much rather prefer Jericho anyway).

Here is my concern, has Jericho done ANY in-ring stuff lately? (Meaning coming into the Florida development and getting ring time done or anything). He's going to be very rusty and that's why I think the match, if it does happen needs to be short.

The thought of Jeff Hardy becoming WWE Champion before Matt (whom I've always felt was superior) wins ANY significant singles title makes me... well, sad is too strong a word, but very annoyed.

So, is there going to be a stream for this PPV tonight, and if so, how long does it usually take to get it up and running?

I only ask because I am dying with the flu tonight so going to the bar to watch it is out of the question

If they don't have Jericho in the main event, then they're simply throwing away one of the hottest moments in wrestling in the past number of years. In the promos we have all of the "save us" stuff, their biggest star and champion in John Cena got hurt, and here comes Jericho once again to save the day. It's perfect, it's one of those things that just falls into the lap of a wrestling company, and it doesn't happen very often like that. I don't want some sort of multi-man match, I don't want a mini tournament.

That this has fallen into their lap is almost reason enough to assume it won't happen, because Vince isn't big on ideas that aren't his own. A combination of Cena's injury and the prospect of Randy Orton, portrayed as cold-blooded thug with no redeeming qualities, becoming WWE Champion plays perfectly into the "save us" aspect of Jericho's presumed return. It fits almost too well that Orton seems certain to become WWE Champion, something nobody wants (in storyline), only for the returning Jericho to 'save us' and upset Orton for the WWE title.

I don't see Hunter winning the title, if only because he'll want his big title win to have meaning and get a good few weeks of hype behind it. If Orton against Hunter is intended to headline Wrestlemania, then Orton is going to have to get the belt at some point anyway, but it doesn't need to be tonight. I think tonight really needs to end with the feel good moment of Orton, the top heel on Raw, coming so close to winning the WWE Title only for either Jericho to save us and win the title instead, or some other babyface winning the title instead.

Not long to go now, and I'm very tempted to order the PPV.

Well I ordered the PPV anyway. What the hell, right? I haven't watched wrestling since HHH raped Katie Vick. I'm watching the preview show now, my god, Viscera's boobs?!

So..who does everyone think will walk out champion? I assume the most probable is Orton, but realistically it could be any of the following:

Orton

Triple H

Jeff Hardy

Kennedy

Umaga

CM Punk

Undertaker

Ric Flair

Jericho

That's a pretty good number of possibilities..all of which I'd rather see as champion than Cena.

Never rule out Hogan, seems he's always in the running for the title, at least to me.

Throw in Shawn Michaels, King Booker, and Kane.

As for save_us.222, I think the WWE will have him be revealed at the beginning of this pay per view, much like how the nWo came out right away at No Way Out in 2002. Then maybe the buzz will get some people to order the pay per view as it is going on.

Diva search on the preview. Wait, who's this guy doing the show? Kinda looks like Rico, but way too young.

Jericho may appear, but there's no way he's wrestling. He hasn't worked a match since Cena/Jericho last year; they aren't going to work off the ring rust in a PPV main event for the currently vacant top title, regardless of who is going to win the title.

"Rumours" from Wrestlezone.com

Tonight is WWE's No Mercy PPV. With the main event participants and stipulation still up in the air and the rumored return of Chris Jericho, the rumor mill has been in overdrive this week. Here's the latest on what to expect for tonight:

- WWE held a meeting on Wednesday to discuss tonight's main event and the future of the vacated WWE Championship. While no definitive information leaked from that meeting, Randy Orton is a strong pick to walk away as Champion. There has been talk of a long feud with Triple H chasing Randy Orton for the belt.

- It's very possible that the main event will feature more than 2 wrestlers and will be a gimmick match.

- Originally, the Undertaker was scheduled to team with Kane against MVP & Matt Hardy at tonight's show. That match has been scrapped and moved to this week's SmackDown. This change could have been made to include The Undertaker in the main event.

- Chris Jericho is on his way back to WWE. The question is - WHEN? WWE has considered bringing him back tonight or holding off until Cyber Sunday.

- Batista is favored over The Great Khali in tonight's Punjabi Prison match. Batista chased the World Heavyweight Title for a long time and is his run is not scheduled to end any time soon. WWE has already announced one of the top matches for next month's Cyber Sunday PPV will be Batista vs. Khali vs. Undertaker vs. Henry.

- Unless WWE plans are building for a gimmick match at Cyber Sunday, look for Triple H to get the clean win over Umaga.

- The ECW Title match with CM Punk and Big Daddy V is expected to be a short match with Punk retaining the title. John Morrison's suspension is now up and he will resume his feud with Punk after Punk's defense tonight.

- Rey Mysterio is favored over Finlay. Beth Phoenix is in line for a Women's title run and her time may come tonight.

Now that I get a good look at the Punjabi Prison, is there any wrestling fan in the world that believes that the 400+ pound Khali could climb that outer cage without completely collapsing the bars? It's just bamboo, unless it's been internally reinforced with steel.

It was indeed Shelton. And a VERY good opening video, it tied things together extremely well.

Vince & Regal out to open the show.

It seems every Cena announcement gets an initial pop and then good heat....and Vince goes low on the Cubs fans.

Big Y2J chant, followed by Vince saying he won't give us that.

And we've got our new champion, Handsome Randall Orton.

Gee, I wish SID would walk out tonight as the new Champion. Psycho m'fn SID.