TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Pizza Hut

Lets not easily give the title to Papa Johns. They used to be something. I remember back then their sauce was easily the best sauce out of the three, tasting somewhat sweet, but just right. Now it's like pizza hut except a little bigger. The sauce ain't what it used to be.

Lets not easily give the title to Papa Johns. They used to be something. I remember back then their sauce was easily the best sauce out of the three, tasting somewhat sweet, but just right. Now it's like pizza hut except a little bigger. The sauce ain't what it used to be.

I'd agree when Papa John's first opened here years ago, it was the best chain pizza by far. Now it's barely better if it's better at all than Pizza Hut.

Anything's better than Dominoes. That shit is cardboard with cheese and shitty tomato sauce.

There aren't any good local places that deliver around here, so Papa John's and Pizza Hut are the only options. I mean, there ARE good local places, they just don't deliver.

Lazy.

Take out specials from small places are great. There's a place not far from us that has a large pepperoni & 2 liter of coke for $4.50 during the week.

I never liked Pizza Hut much. Has anyone been to their new "Pizza Hut Italian Bistro" restaurants? It looks like they've decided to ruin things other than pizza.

I usually order pizza when I'm going to watch a fight. There isn't anything that could drive my lazy ass to get off the couch at such a time. Except sex.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

When you get Little Caesar's, you're supporting the Detroit Red Wings. Don't do that.

I could go for some Lou Malnati's now. It's been about ten months since I've had deep-dish. I think I can handle another.

Ok, now before I get people here confused, I do still like Pizza Hut. However, I'm just feeling that it's not really as consistant as they once were. Sometimes, they actually do a good job making, say, the perfect Meat Lovers specialty pizza at times. Pizza Hut is still on my list. They just need to get their game face back on. I would hope that their business is not declining any, because they would really need to step up their game.

When you get Little Caesar's, you're supporting the Detroit Red Wings. Don't do that.

Screw you homey, they aren't getting any younger between the pipes. Support your Red Wings

I agree that Pizza Hut isn't what it used to be, but I think Papa John's is over-rated.

For years, everyone was telling me how great Papa John's is, then when they built a shop near me, I tried their pepperoni pizza and I swear to god they only had like 6 pepperoni slices on the whole large pizza. And it wasn't good at all, so I never went back. But maybe it just depends on who's working there....

Dominos is good, but I still like Pizza Hut the best. And I live in pretty much the middle of nowhere, so we have no local "mom and pop" pizza shops, only the 3 big chains.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I do still like Pizza Hut. They just need to get their game face back on.

rowand.jpg

I'm probably a fan of Papa Johns out of the big 3, but I just had LC's a couple weeks back for the first time in forever and loved it. It was cheap and tasty, maybe I was really hungry but I didn't find anything wrong with it. Just simple and a good price.

I used to love Little Caesar's. The closest one to here is about 2 and a half hours away, so I dont get to enjoy it anymore. My current favorite is probably Dominos.

CiCi's Pizza is an ok place to eat with REALLY cheap (both in quality and price) pizza. I just dont like getting "WELCOME TO CICI'S!!!!!!" yelled at me by every single person working there whenever I walk in.

I agree that Pizza Hut isn't what it used to be, but I think Papa John's is over-rated.

For years, everyone was telling me how great Papa John's is, then when they built a shop near me, I tried their pepperoni pizza and I swear to god they only had like 6 pepperoni slices on the whole large pizza. And it wasn't good at all, so I never went back. But maybe it just depends on who's working there....

I agree. For years I heard the hype... finally I went out of my way to get Papa Johns.... and... well it was ordinary pizza. I mean it was good in the sense that all decent ordinary pizza is good... but nothing special whatsoever. And I had a lot of toppings too.

I am sure every area differs, but around here I'd have to say Dominos is the absolute worst of the chains. Pizza Hut is average, but it is too expensive for the value.

I always had a soft spot for Godfather's because I loved their style of putting the toppings under the cheese and when the pizza baked, the toppings and cheese kind of melted together. It really made a pizza like the veggie, awesome. There aren't even any Godfather's in the area anymore, but before they left town I remember they did a promotion called "sidewalk pizza" where every day during the lunch hour, they would bake up about 15 Large Pepperoni Pizzas and taken them in a delivery bag down to the sidewalk by the street, and sell them for $6 a piece until they were gone.

I have mostly given up on the big chains because for the most part they are a ripoff. Little Caesar's but they are medicore to me really, it is just that the $5 price makes it easy to settle for the quality.

Then there is what I consider the "Big-little chains" places such a "NY Pizza" "Giant Pizza" "Pizza Guys" they are sort of mini-chains, as in, I see them all over the place in this town, but I am not sure how national they are. These are the type of places that send out mailings almost weekly and usually have some sort of deal like "2 Large Pizzas, 2 Toppings each, Order of Wings, Order of Breadsticks, 2 Liter Soda $25.00" My favorite place of this brand is "Giant Pizza"

Papa John's opened 3 stores in this city in September of 2000. By December of 2000 they all closed.

It was pretty cheap and I enjoyed it (though I heard people call the sauce 'too sweet', which I could see). I think they also had crust dipping sauce which places need to do more of. Pizza Pizza in Canada has been doing it for years without stopping - in fact, they just keep adding more flavours - but I notice the American chains seem to introduce these sauces and pimp them hard in ads then ignore their existence all together afterward.

The sole highlight of my middle school year was when the cafeteria had Papa John's pizza for about three months in seventh grade. As you can imagine, all of the kids went fuckin' nuts. For some reason then, they switched to Dominoes for the rest of the year and by next Summer, it was back to shitty (by pizza standards, but decent by school lunch standards) Tony's personal pizzas.

I like Papa Johns well enough, but I don't think it's a great value

When I was in college, Papa John's used to offer large pizzas for $9 after 9PM. If you were a student of the school, pizzas were buy one, get one free. Ergo, we could get two large pizzas for $9. It was the greatest thing in the world for drunk, starving and broke college kids.

That's weird, Pizza Hut doesn't really deliver or have takeout anymore. They just have that stupid Pizza Hut Italian Bistro. Has anybody here actually gone to one of those? I'm curious as to what they're like

As I got older, Pizza Hut's grease kept beating me down more and more until it got to the point where I can't remember the last time I ate anything there. If I was to order anything, it'd be a plain stuffed crust and maybe breadsticks.

Pizza Hut is greasy and disgusting. Do they even offer baked pizzas from an oven instead of the greased up deep dish pan crap?

Either way, if I get pizza it's either from Pizza Pizza, Amato's or Mama's Pizza - oh, or Papa Ceo's if I'm in the neighborhood (Torontonians will know that one).

Anyone have Strawhat pizza in their area? How about Rico's Pizza?

Mike, I think those were semi-local chains. I miss Straw Hat though. Rico's was hit or miss with me but they did have the extra large pizza that could feed like 30 people.