TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 11/05 Raw Thread...... no longer thinking about "Y2J"

For one night only, D-Generation X – Triple H and Shawn Michaels – will be reunited Monday on Raw, and they will take on WWE Champion Randy Orton & Umaga, WWE.com has learned. But is the one-night DX reunion part of an evil plan by Mr. McMahon?

The Game and HBK were brought back together last week on Raw when Michaels saved his former DX teammate from a potentially career-ending beatdown by Orton and the Samoan Bulldozer during a 2-on-1 Handicap Match. As Triple H and The Showstopper celebrated in the ring, Mr. McMahon looked on with Raw GM William Regal from the back. With a far away, evil gleam in his eyes, the Chairman told Regal that DX would be back together for one night only on Raw, adding, “Things always happen when I want them to happen, the way I want them to happen.”

Mr. McMahon has had a long, storied history with Triple H and Michaels, both as individuals and a DX unit. The Cerebral Assassin and The Showstopper loved making the Chairman’s life a living hell and were his most hated nemeses.

Until last week, Triple H and HBK hadn’t been in the same ring at the same time since this past January at New Year’s Revolution, when The Game suffered a career-threatening torn quad. In the nine months that had passed, they had fought their own personal battles. HBK pursued the WWE Championship, was sidelined by Orton for five months and returned earlier this month for vengeance against the Legend Killer. Meanwhile, The Game rehabbed his torn quad, made a successful return to WWE, briefly won the WWE Title, and has been in a crimson-laced, bone-cracking war with Umaga.

Now Mr. McMahon has unwittingly – or perhaps by design – brought Triple H and Michaels back together to face their most hated respective rivals today in Umaga

If we're lucky we'll get GTV, a Val Venis promo circa 1999 and the Godfather and his Ho Train!

Maybe Vince can start up the corporation again tonight?

Realistically though, I want Santino to clock Austin or give him a stunner. Hell, I say continue the bait and switch with it being in LA, they should bring out Will Sasso to revive his Austin gimmick.

I would actually love to see Santino get one over on Austin. It would be one of the most unexpected WWE moments in a damn long time.

For one night only, D-Generation X – Triple H and Shawn Michaels – will be reunited Monday on Raw, and they will take on WWE Champion Randy Orton & Umaga, WWE.com has learned. But is the one-night DX reunion part of an evil plan by Mr. McMahon?

The Game and HBK were brought back together last week on Raw when Michaels saved his former DX teammate from a potentially career-ending beatdown by Orton and the Samoan Bulldozer during a 2-on-1 Handicap Match. As Triple H and The Showstopper celebrated in the ring, Mr. McMahon looked on with Raw GM William Regal from the back. With a far away, evil gleam in his eyes, the Chairman told Regal that DX would be back together for one night only on Raw, adding, “Things always happen when I want them to happen, the way I want them to happen.”

Mr. McMahon has had a long, storied history with Triple H and Michaels, both as individuals and a DX unit. The Cerebral Assassin and The Showstopper loved making the Chairman’s life a living hell and were his most hated nemeses.

Until last week, Triple H and HBK hadn’t been in the same ring at the same time since this past January at New Year’s Revolution, when The Game suffered a career-threatening torn quad. In the nine months that had passed, they had fought their own personal battles. HBK pursued the WWE Championship, was sidelined by Orton for five months and returned earlier this month for vengeance against the Legend Killer. Meanwhile, The Game rehabbed his torn quad, made a successful return to WWE, briefly won the WWE Title, and has been in a crimson-laced, bone-cracking war with Umaga.

Now Mr. McMahon has unwittingly – or perhaps by design – brought Triple H and Michaels back together to face their most hated respective rivals today in Umaga

Yeah, right.

So, by this preview, does that mean we're getting two hours of DX and McMahon?

I am getting really sick of Steve Austin showing up once every few months and beating up someone that could get a huge rub by cracking him between the eyes. At least when Rock came back those handful of times in 2004, he let the heels beat the shit out of him before "Rocking Up" and getting the last word. Austin just comes in, no-sells, and steamrolls over some poor sap. Hopefully they realize Marella's got a little bit of potential as a heel and they let him finally put Austin on his back.

Austin just comes in, no-sells, and steamrolls over some poor sap. Hopefully they realize Marella's got a little bit of potential as a heel and they let him finally put Austin on his back.

I'd normally bitch about this too but it's Austin...I have a soft spot for him.

I am getting really sick of Steve Austin showing up once every few months and beating up someone that could get a huge rub by cracking him between the eyes. At least when Rock came back those handful of times in 2004, he let the heels beat the shit out of him before "Rocking Up" and getting the last word. Austin just comes in, no-sells, and steamrolls over some poor sap. Hopefully they realize Marella's got a little bit of potential as a heel and they let him finally put Austin on his back.

Honestly, the entire point of Marella's character isn't that he's competent in the ring, extra tough, or anything approaching a dangerous opponent; he's written and booked as a big mouth loser whose claims to camera time are (1) he's hilarious on the mic, and (2) he's got a somewhat hot girlfriend. This is exactly the kind of character that everyone tunes in to see squashed. That said, a little teasing of the squash would do wonders for Santino's heel heat. F'rinstance, when Austin first shows up, have him unload in standard Austinian fashion (accompanied by the inevitable "What?!" chants), and then have Santino rochambeau him and run away with Maria in tow, claiming that he has "outsnaked the snake of rattling" or some other stereotypically foreign malapropism. Then Santino gets more heat, and Austin gets really pissed, and we could build it up to a PPV event. That won't be what happens, certainly, but that's how I'd do it. That way, Santino gets a good heel rub from crimping Austin's normal "stunning" style, and we get the payoff of seeing Santino eat a richly deserved stunner (at least kayfabe-wise - we all know that he's completely right about "The Condemned" blowing chunks and Austin having no acting ability).

Honestly, the entire point of Marella's character isn't that he's competent in the ring, extra tough, or anything approaching a dangerous opponent; he's written and booked as a big mouth loser whose claims to camera time are (1) he's hilarious on the mic, and (2) he's got a somewhat hot girlfriend. This is exactly the kind of character that everyone tunes in to see squashed. That said, a little teasing of the squash would do wonders for Santino's heel heat. F'rinstance, when Austin first shows up, have him unload in standard Austinian fashion (accompanied by the inevitable "What?!" chants), and then have Santino rochambeau him and run away with Maria in tow, claiming that he has "outsnaked the snake of rattling" or some other stereotypically foreign malapropism. Then Santino gets more heat, and Austin gets really pissed, and we could build it up to a PPV event. That won't be what happens, certainly, but that's how I'd do it. That way, Santino gets a good heel rub from crimping Austin's normal "stunning" style, and we get the payoff of seeing Santino eat a richly deserved stunner (at least kayfabe-wise - we all know that he's completely right about "The Condemned" blowing chunks and Austin having no acting ability).

That would be nice if it were to happen like that.

Odds are, were going to have Santino in the ring, berate Austin, Austin come out, do his "What?" mic spot, stun Santino, drink some beer, and leave again never to be seen again till next year some time

Santino offers Austin some Italian beer as a peace offering, Austin accepts since its beer, spits it out and stuns him.

No, no, no...Austin bookings go more like this:

Santino offers Austin some Italian beer as a peace offering, Austin accepts since it's beer, spits it out because it's ITALIAN beer (the horror!) and stuns Santino and then Maria for good measure. Then drinks some real beer (AMERICAN, BAH GAWD) and spits it on both of them. He will then disappear until he has some other awful affront to all media to hype.

I'm not getting this "one night only" return of DX thing - I mean they never lost a "loser breaks up forever" tag match or anything right? If HBK and HHH wanted to they could "reform" DX whenever they wanted to. And with McMahon making the reunification, it makes it seem like HHH and HBK have issues and are being forced together or something, which is clearly not the case either. It's all silliness, probably done to make the show seem "extra special" for the start of the November sweeps.

Santino needs to take out Austin - there is no reason whatsoever for Austin to punk Santino. One is a retired oldtimer and the other is a current up-and-comer. Of course in the twisted minds of the wwe, Santino being in the same ring as Stone Cold is rub enough. And then they wonder why they cannot create any new stars anymore.

I'm not getting this "one night only" return of DX thing - I mean they never lost a "loser breaks up forever" tag match or anything right? If HBK and HHH wanted to they could "reform" DX whenever they wanted to. And with McMahon making the reunification, it makes it seem like HHH and HBK have issues and are being forced together or something, which is clearly not the case either. It's all silliness, probably done to make the show seem "extra special" for the start of the November sweeps.

Santino needs to take out Austin - there is no reason whatsoever for Austin to punk Santino. One is a retired oldtimer and the other is a current up-and-comer. Of course in the twisted minds of the wwe, Santino being in the same ring as Stone Cold is rub enough. And then they wonder why they cannot create any new stars anymore.

No, Vince obviously has some sort of Eeeeeeeeeeevil Plan to destroy and humiliate DX. Thus we will be treated to some awful unstoppable DX gimmick. I mean, HBK himself took at both Edge and Orton in a handicap match earlier in the year, and HHH has squashed everyone he's faced since returning.

Santino should not get a win over Austin, as that would change his comic character into something it is not meant to be. Santino should get to at least escape the stunner in some dastardly manner (see above suggestion regarding the rochambeau) only to be forced into the ring with Stone Cold at the next PPV to receive his richly deserved stunner and subsequent beer-dousing. Santino's character is a comedic heel; he can't get the duke over the company's original badass face and still remain a comedy act. And let's face it, that's all Santino has is that glorious mic work. We don't want to have to watch any painful attempts at matches by him, do we?

Remember the "good 'ol days" when WWE would come to LA and we would have a 50/50 chance of The Rock showing up?

I'm getting all markish here, but imagine if the Rock's music hit after a Save_us promo?

Remember the "good 'ol days" when WWE would come to LA and we would have a 50/50 chance of The Rock showing up?

I'm getting all markish here, but imagine if the Rock's music hit after a Save_us promo?

and then that midget Rock lookalike they used in OVW comes out..haha..

If they really wanna act like its 1999...Foley showing up again is probably assured.

No, Vince obviously has some sort of Eeeeeeeeeeevil Plan to destroy and humiliate DX. Thus we will be treated to some awful unstoppable DX gimmick. I mean, HBK himself took at both Edge and Orton in a handicap match earlier in the year, and HHH has squashed everyone he's faced since returning.

Santino should not get a win over Austin, as that would change his comic character into something it is not meant to be. Santino should get to at least escape the stunner in some dastardly manner (see above suggestion regarding the rochambeau) only to be forced into the ring with Stone Cold at the next PPV to receive his richly deserved stunner and subsequent beer-dousing. Santino's character is a comedic heel; he can't get the duke over the company's original badass face and still remain a comedy act. And let's face it, that's all Santino has is that glorious mic work. We don't want to have to watch any painful attempts at matches by him, do we?

I completely agree with this logic. The only problem is, WWE's focus has been all on ratings as opposed to building to a PPV payoff. Since they view the ratings with more priority than anything else, Santino's fate is sealed.

MY issue is, with Santino getting all of his cheap comedic heel heat, I can't believe they are wasting it on Austin. Santino is the type of guy (as mentioned above) that needs to be booked as the weasel, running away at the right times, only to have a face finally catch up to him and 'shut him up'. I know the Condemned DVD is out, and Bonnie "I Was A Teenaged" Hammer wants the ratings, but Santino is the type of guy that can actually be used to help build someone (i.e. as an enhancement talent). (And also: they have a built in, classic program with Maria as the "valet needed to be saved from the heel" that Santino's mic skills alone could make a golden angle)

Of course, with Cody Rhodes jobbed out to Spark Plug, and DH Smith in love with his dad's mistress, there isn't really a face left that can be enhanced (minus HHH of course).

Santino offers Austin some Italian beer as a peace offering, Austin accepts since its beer, spits it out and stuns him.

Santino offers Austin some Italian beer as a peace offering, Austin accepts since it's beer, spits it out because it's ITALIAN beer (the horror!) and stuns Santino and then Maria for good measure. Then drinks some real beer (AMERICAN, BAH GAWD) and spits it on both of them. He will then disappear until he has some other awful affront to all media to hype.

I hope he does stun Maria. Austin needs to beat up more women on TV.

I agree. It will add some realism to his character.

I completely agree with this logic. The only problem is, WWE's focus has been all on ratings as opposed to building to a PPV payoff. Since they view the ratings with more priority than anything else, Santino's fate is sealed.

MY issue is, with Santino getting all of his cheap comedic heel heat, I can't believe they are wasting it on Austin. Santino is the type of guy (as mentioned above) that needs to be booked as the weasel, running away at the right times, only to have a face finally catch up to him and 'shut him up'. I know the Condemned DVD is out, and Bonnie "I Was A Teenaged" Hammer wants the ratings, but Santino is the type of guy that can actually be used to help build someone (i.e. as an enhancement talent). (And also: they have a built in, classic program with Maria as the "valet needed to be saved from the heel" that Santino's mic skills alone could make a golden angle)

Of course, with Cody Rhodes jobbed out to Spark Plug, and DH Smith in love with his dad's mistress, there isn't really a face left that can be enhanced (minus HHH of course).

Can you elaborate on this?

I think it is in reference to Smith being suspended for failing the drug test, seeing as it was similar drugs that killed his father.

Steroids, dude.

Updated Preview

Star-studded Survivor Series build-up

November 5, 2007

The stars will be out tonight at the Los Angeles STAPLES center in a blockbuster Raw so big that the Superstars of SmackDown couldn’t be left out. Tonight, in a precursor to a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match set for Nov. 18, Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy & Rey Mysterio will team up against Mr. Kennedy & Finlay.

SmackDown’s Mysterio and Finlay will be making a rare appearance on Raw as they will be on opposite sides at Survivor Series when the Master of the 619 teams with Jeff, his brother Matt, Kane & Triple H against bruiser from Belfast, Kennedy, ECW’s Big Daddy V & Umaga. Under Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match rules, the members of individual teams are weeded out by pinfall, count-out or submission until one group is eliminated entirely, and another is left standing alone in the ring. Tonight’s tag team match will give our fans a preview of what awaits these eight Superstars in less than two weeks.

But that match is only start of an action-filled Raw. As promised by Mr. McMahon, Triple H and Shawn Michaels will be reunited as D-Generation X for one night only, and they will battle WWE Champion Randy Orton & Umaga. Will HBK and The Game bring back some DX magic on the West Coast, or will they crash and burn together in McMahon’s machinations?

And, as announced last week on Raw, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will be in Los Angeles Monday night. Will The Texas Rattlesnake confront Santino Marella, who has been a constant tormentor and critic of the former WWE Champion’s performance in The Condemned? The former Intercontinental Champion’s mockery of Austin last week on Raw might have been the straw that broke the Rattlesnake’s back.

With Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix staking her claim as the most powerful Diva in WWE, who in the Diva locker room will stand up and challenge the Glamazon? Is there anyone even in her league? And after a successful, yet tenuous partnership last week in Philadelphia, will Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes ever reach the point of mutual respect?

We all will find out as Raw broadcasts from the valley of the stars at the STAPLES Center at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

WWE.com

SmackDown’s Mysterio and Finlay will be making a rare appearance on Raw as they will be on opposite sides at Survivor Series when the Master of the 619 teams with Jeff, his brother Matt, Kane & Triple H against bruiser from Belfast, Kennedy, ECW’s Big Daddy V & Umaga. Under Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match rules, the members of individual teams are weeded out by pinfall, count-out or submission until one group is eliminated entirely, and another is left standing alone in the ring. Tonight’s tag team match will give our fans a preview of what awaits these eight Superstars in less than two weeks.

Am I reading that wrong? Rey, Jeff, Matt, Kane and HHH Vs Finlay, Kennedy, BDV and Umaga? That's uneven teams and it's 9 not 8.

Am I reading that wrong? Rey, Jeff, Matt, Kane and HHH Vs Finlay, Kennedy, BDV and Umaga? That's uneven teams and it's 9 not 8.

I was confused about the same thing..I'd assume MVP is supposed to be on the heel side?

Cody could probably pull this off if they make him into a legitimate contender. If they could let him get the duke over Holly, that could set him up to be Santino's next target. Couple this with having him express an interest in Maria, and bang. Now, before this happens, Cody really needs to GET A DECENT FINISHER. As far as I can tell, his finisher is either a schoolboy or a small package roll-up. Also, he needs to learn to sell in a way that doesn't involve him looking like a five-year-old getting a spanking from his mother. His mic skills seem good enough to be the face to Santino's mouthy heel. All he'd really need to say is a couple of words, then deck Santino and leave with Maria.

They fixed it.

SmackDown’s Mysterio and Finlay will be making a rare appearance on Raw as they will be on opposite sides at Survivor Series when the Master of the 619 teams with Jeff, his brother Matt, Kane & Triple H against bruiser from Belfast, Kennedy, MVP, ECW’s Big Daddy V & Umaga. Under Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match rules, the members of individual teams are weeded out by pinfall, count-out or submission until one group is eliminated entirely, and another is left standing alone in the ring. Tonight’s tag team match will give our fans a preview of what awaits these 10 Superstars in less than two weeks.

I'm glad they decided to add a traditional Survivor Series match, Raw should be pretty good tonight

I agree. It will add some realism to his character.

The sad part is he'll get a standing ovation for it. For cripes' sake, Austin could deliver a stunner to a crippled, cancer-patient Girl Scout and still get a huge face pop.