TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

RAW XV

The 10 man in Dallas in 2000 not getting any love sucks. Fucking SCOTTY 2 HOTTY got more reaction from the crowd than anyone on RAW gets in 2007.

People can say what the want about their ability as in ring performers and how stale their acts are now, but Too Cool was mad over from 2000-2001. At a house show here in mid 2000, Too Cool closed the show with their dance with Rikishi, and the 1500 people in attendance sounded more like 10,000.

Watch some 2004-2005 Velocity, and Scotty 2 Hotty still outpops nearly anyone.

Scotty 2 Hotty always gets insane pops when I see him. Of course, he grew up 15 minutes from where I live so that probably counts for most of it but even in '03 and '04, after his act was completey stale and he was basically a glorified jobber, he got the biggest pops on the show. I went to a Smackdown! house show in June of '06, people were pissed he wasn't there.

The 10 man in Dallas in 2000 not getting any love sucks. Fucking SCOTTY 2 HOTTY got more reaction from the crowd than anyone on RAW gets in 2007.

Agreed. That is still one of my favorite matches of all time due to hot that crowd was in addition to all the star power in the match. I also agree about Too Cool... they were INSANELY over during that period. Scotty doing the worm would be one of the biggest pops of the evening.

As for Austin/Kane, I agree with it being high on the list. It was right after a hot PPV (King of the Ring '98), it was during the height of the Monday Night War, it was during the Summer, and it was a World Title change on free television. It was great television that evening.

Scotty gets kind of a nostalgia pop, sort of like Val Venis, or Godfather would get if he was still around.

RAW X was indeed awful. The "highlights" of the show were Triple H mooning everyone, and then this fake insincere "thanks to the fans" ovation from the roster at the end. It was a nice sentiment, but it came off as lame. Also, they named Austin the RAW Superstar of the Decade (or something like that), and it was basically Vince bashing him since he wasn't there.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...

Nothing will top seeing Kevin Von Erich breaking out the Iron Claw hold at the Raw Homecoming show in Dallas a few years ago.

Scotty gets kind of a nostalgia pop, sort of like Val Venis, or Godfather would get if he was still around.

RAW X was indeed awful. The "highlights" of the show were Triple H mooning everyone, and then this fake insincere "thanks to the fans" ovation from the roster at the end. It was a nice sentiment, but it came off as lame. Also, they named Austin the RAW Superstar of the Decade (or something like that), and it was basically Vince bashing him since he wasn't there.

Vince said he wasn't invited.

If I remember correctly the only superstar that was there that was nominated for RAW SUPERSTAR of the DECADE was HHH. The other nominees (Austin, Rock, Foley, Bret, and Taker) weren't there.

WWE.Com has pictures of Sunny, Trish Stratus, Lita, and Stone Cold Steve Austin backstage at Raw.

Sunny is looking great.

A CALVACADE OF OLD NAMES BACKSTAGE FOR TONIGHT'S RAW ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL

by Mike Johnson @ 4:49:14 PM on 12/10/2007

For those interested, among the names backstage at the Raw three hour 15th anniversary special in Bridgeport, CT are:

2 Cold Scorpio

Jim Neidhart

Steve Blackman

The Mean Street Posse (Rodney and Pete Gas)

Gangrel

Scotty 2 Hotty

Marty Jannetty

Ted DiBiase

Bart Gunn

Gillberg

Mae Young

Bastion Booger

Barry Darsow

Some will be used in cameos while others will be working the Battle Royal on the special.

Fuck yes! 2 Cold! Repo Man! Mean Street Posse! Life is good. :headbang:

I wonder if anybody will score contracts from the gig tonight. The battle royale should be for a wwe contract.

Mean Street Posse - Where is Joey Abs!! Rodney and Pete Gas took the stiffest chairshots short of Japanese Death Matches and never complained about it. Bastion Booger's gimmick was supposed to be that that huge humpback roll of fat on his back wa supposed to prevent him from ever getting pinned. I'd rather see Darsow portray Smash than Repoman. I wonder if Neidhart will have any Nattie tie-in.

I wonder if anybody will score contracts from the gig tonight. The battle royale should be for a wwe contract.

Mean Street Posse - Where is Joey Abs!! Rodney and Pete Gas took the stiffest chairshots short of Japanese Death Matches and never complained about it. Bastion Booger's gimmick was supposed to be that that huge humpback roll of fat on his back wa supposed to prevent him from ever getting pinned. I'd rather see Darsow portray Smash than Repoman. I wonder if Neidhart will have any Nattie tie-in.

Wow... I didn't know McMahon actually tried to copy a Jim Herd idea.

As for Darsow, part of me wants to see him as Smash rather than the Repo Man.

Booger's hump gimmick wasn't so that he couldn't be pinned, it was just there for the gross factor and so Vince could say "LOOK AT THE HUMP!" 5,000 times during his entrance.

Former ECW Champion Steve Corino is backstage at RAW and is expected to get a tryout tonight prior to RAW against DH Smith. He may work under a mask. I'm also told he may be getting offered a tryout as an agent/producer as well.

Corino had a meeting recently in Stamford, CT. about the possibility of working full-time for WWE. We'll see how it goes tonight but it appears he is looking for work.

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=199332622

Guest Smues
Former ECW Champion Steve Corino is backstage at RAW and is expected to get a tryout tonight prior to RAW against DH Smith. He may work under a mask. I'm also told he may be getting offered a tryout as an agent/producer as well.

Corino had a meeting recently in Stamford, CT. about the possibility of working full-time for WWE. We'll see how it goes tonight but it appears he is looking for work.

If he does get hired he needs to call out Sean Shannon again.

WWE.Com has pictures of Sunny, Trish Stratus, Lita, and Stone Cold Steve Austin backstage at Raw.

Sunny is looking great.

Agreed...

I know I wouldn't be the only one happy if Sunny were to come back one day.

Corino would have to work under a mask because his forhead is a mess from all of the blading over the years. Does he have any connections in the front office - Johnny Ace know him from Corino's Japan tours? Dusty Rhodes worked with him years ago. I think he could work if with the SD!/ECW brand, however would have no shot with Raw's roster.

wow Steve Corino in WWE, that would be strange. No idea, just would seem odd.

You know what would be hilarious?

If Muhammad Hassan showed up.

I would seriously mark like crazy if that happens.