TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

WM25 will be somewhere in the North - especially with them looking at PHX and Vegas for 25. I'd say NY, but they had one recently. MSG is likely too small a venue for the big #25, but Vince loves that Arena - it's too bad New Yankee and Citi(new Shea) are both open air stadiums. The Barclays Center (New Jersey Nets new Brooklyn arena) will not be finished until 2010 at the earliest.

Chicago and Detroit had #22 and #23 respectively. 21 was in LA, 20 was in NY, 19 in Seattle, 18 in Toronto, 17 in Houston, 16 Anaheim, 15 Philly, Boston had 14.

I'd guess Boston or Philly. Toronto and Seattle have closed stadiums, which is always a draw and could be possibilities as well. I believe they have been looking at Calgary for 22 or 23, but with the history and bad feelings I don't know if they'd go there.

According to Wiki the new Dallas stadium will be open for the NFL season in 2009, so it would be an option. I guess they did do Chicago and Detroit in back-to-back years, so Florida/Dallas shouldn't be dismissed. It is certainly big enough a stadium and would be brand spanking new. I wonder if HBK would hang around for another year to retire in his home state.

Actually Football 2009 would be in September 2009, so it might not be ready in March 2009. Besides I don't think Jones would want anything other than his Cowboys to be the big opening act for the Stadium.

I think it can be assumed that the WM25 venue has already been chosen by this stage, or at least narrowed down to a short list.

If they keep up the trend of doing big indoor stadium venues, you could also throw Indianapolis (Lucas Oil Stadium opens in the fall of 2008) and even Reliant Stadium in Houston, although it might be an outside shot if they are seriously trying to do one in Dallas. I always thought they'd try to do one in the Georgia Dome, but that looks like it won't happen. The Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis (A city with a great wrestling history) could also be a possibility.

I agree!

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Former WWE and TNA star "Razor Ramon" Scott Hall has apparently taken up WWE's rehab offer. Apparently, Hall had a recent breakdown in Puerto Rico. He then decided to take up WWE's offer. Hall is staying at the same rehab center former WWE star Jake "The Snake" Roberts is currently situated at, which is in Atlanta. For those wondering, Roberts is currently nine weeks into his fourteen-week stay at the facility and is said to be doing much better.

Also, if you're wondering where Ron 'Farooq' Simmons has been in recent weeks, well, he recently took up WWE's rehab offer as well according to Dave Meltzer. Simmons is currently staying at a rehab center in Atlanta (I believe it's the same facility that Hall and Roberts are currently at). Simmons was last seen on television at the 12/29 RAW taping in Greensboro in a "Happy New Year's" vignette with Jillian Hall.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Former WWE and TNA star "Razor Ramon" Scott Hall has apparently taken up WWE's rehab offer. Apparently, Hall had a recent breakdown in Puerto Rico. He then decided to take up WWE's offer. Hall is staying at the same rehab center former WWE star Jake "The Snake" Roberts is currently situated at, which is in Atlanta. For those wondering, Roberts is currently nine weeks into his fourteen-week stay at the facility and is said to be doing much better.

Also, if you're wondering where Ron 'Farooq' Simmons has been in recent weeks, well, he recently took up WWE's rehab offer as well according to Dave Meltzer. Simmons is currently staying at a rehab center in Atlanta (I believe it's the same facility that Hall and Roberts are currently at). Simmons was last seen on television at the 12/29 RAW taping in Greensboro in a "Happy New Year's" vignette with Jillian Hall.

that has the makings for a really bad WCW-esque skit like the crazy Flair ones. Jake Roberts, Scott Hall and Ron Simmons in the same rebab..lol

I like to think WM 25 will be held in Dallas at their new Stadium if only because it would be an oppertunity to shoot for over 100,000 people and be the innaugural event, but Im willing to bet it wont be ready in time.

That Snow song by the Chilli Peppers is way better than that horrible overplayed song by Saliva they used last year or Big Time

Seems like just about any Saliva song gets overplayed. Remember "Click Click Boom" in 2001 for No Mercy? Even before that, it was used in the "American Outlaws" movie trailer I think.

If it means the RHCP actually play mania it'll be worth it.

I would agree with you, but they we're fucking horrible last year at Reading Festival.

I'm shocked Vince hasn't done a Mania in the Georgia Dome yet.

Same here. During the height of the Monday Night Wars, I seriously thought Vince would try his best to run Wrestlemania in the heart of WCW's home-base. I remember watching Wrestlemania 2000 and telling my friends, "I bet Wrestlemania is at the Georgia Dome in the next year or so". I was completely wrong, but it would have a great venue to hold it. I would have definitely attended as well.

I'm surrpised Hall even needs wwe to pay for his rehab. How much money has he made over the years in wwf/e, wcw? And he didn't save any of it?

Your telling me someone was willing to pay for you to go to rehab which is a expensive thing to do, you wouldn't take them up on it?

I'm surrpised Hall even needs wwe to pay for his rehab. How much money has he made over the years in wwf/e, wcw? And he didn't save any of it?

Wouldn't be surprising if he didn't.

G-unit shirts, gold chains, and toothpicks don't come cheap.

Yeah... but the story still sounds made up.

Yet suing your own fanbase for getting you more fans is 100% truth. Yet having your producer be your bassist during the recording of your last album, heralding it as a success, and then releasing it to unanimously bad reviews is the truth. Yet a band that was once at the forefront of the thrash metal movement headlining a festival that was originally intended for hippies is the truth. When it comes to Metallica, NOTHING sounds made up.

Yet suing your own fanbase for getting you more fans is 100% truth. Yet having your producer be your bassist during the recording of your last album, heralding it as a success, and then releasing it to unanimously bad reviews is the truth. Yet a band that was once at the forefront of the thrash metal movement headlining a festival that was originally intended for hippies is the truth. When it comes to Metallica, NOTHING sounds made up.

Made up or not, I find it funny that WWE was able to use St. Anger for the Vengeance (or was it Bad Blood? I forget....) 2003 PPV, but couldn't get the rights to Enter Sandman.

Guest Kliqster

Made up or not, I find it funny that WWE was able to use St. Anger for the Vengeance (or was it Bad Blood? I forget....) 2003 PPV, but couldn't get the rights to Enter Sandman.

Neither, it was SummerSlam 2003.

Guest Bigelow34
That Snow song by the Chilli Peppers is way better than that horrible overplayed song by Saliva they used last year or Big Time

Seems like just about any Saliva song gets overplayed. Remember "Click Click Boom" in 2001 for No Mercy? Even before that, it was used in the "American Outlaws" movie trailer I think.

Although, WWE was actually ahead of the curve with "Ladies and Gentlemen" last year as that didn't really become overplayed until the fall or so.

Neither, it was SummerSlam 2003.

Touche

Although, WWE was actually ahead of the curve with "Ladies and Gentlemen" last year as that didn't really become overplayed until the fall or so.

I rather enjoyed the song the first few times I heard it. I liked the "carnival barker" thing it had going through the verses. Now its been used for everything from Wrestlemania to PS3 systems, to just about any sporting event you can think of. One has to wonder how much $$$ Saliva has raked-in from this song.

Rori McAlister of the Highlanders recently suffered a complete pectoral tear and had surgery yesterday to repair it. On his MySpace, Rori says he doesn't even know how or when the injury happened, but knew something was wrong. WWE sent to have him examined. The tear showed up in an MRI, but once they got in there, they discovered the muscle was torn completely off the bone. No word on how long he will be out.

In an interview with www.inyourheadonline.com, Juventud Guerrera said that Sean "X-Pac" Waltman got depressed and tried to commit suicide in Mexico -- his current residence. Guerrera said that Waltman is now in a treatment facility in the U.S. Guerrera noted that he visited Waltman last week and is doing well.

According to Gerweck(thous probably from a pay site) Samoa Joe's contract is set to run out sometime in June. I know we've heard this all before, but if it's legit I don't think Joe will be able to turn down the money Vince will throw at him.

Rori McAlister of the Highlanders recently suffered a complete pectoral tear and had surgery yesterday to repair it. On his MySpace, Rori says he doesn't even know how or when the injury happened, but knew something was wrong. WWE sent to have him examined. The tear showed up in an MRI, but once they got in there, they discovered the muscle was torn completely off the bone. No word on how long he will be out.

Rory seemed to be packing on the pounds and was rather unmotivated as well lately. I wonder if they'll just repackage Whatshisface McIntrye and slide him in - sorta like Crush with Demolition or just shelve the team for the time being.

If it means the RHCP actually play mania it'll be worth it. But I doubt they'll agree to do it, I can't think of a band that big ever playing a wrestling show.

Uhhh....

Ozzy, 3 6 Mafia, Fozzy (heh), etc

Kid Rock, Motley Crue, and John Cena.

That's kind of scary to hear about Waltman. As unpopular as he might be around here, another guy who was fairly big during the "boom period" killing himself would not be the kind of publicity pro-wrestling needs right now.

That's kind of scary to hear about Waltman. As unpopular as he might be around here, another guy who was fairly big during the "boom period" killing himself would not be the kind of publicity pro-wrestling needs right now.

Even X-Pac hates X-Pac.