TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

According to Gerweck(thous probably from a pay site) Samoa Joe's contract is set to run out sometime in June. I know we've heard this all before, but if it's legit I don't think Joe will be able to turn down the money Vince will throw at him.

Why would Vince throw money at Joe? I mean...they already have Umaga.

Joe seems like the kind of worker Vince would sign just to prevent him from breaking out and helping another company gain ground. He clearly has nothing to be concerned about right now.

On another note, on one of the polls on WWE.com, with well over 2 million votes in (though not necessarily 2M unique votes), Jeff Hardy is dominating the poll for the Elimination Chamber (53% of the vote in a 6 man race). People really want to see him win.

I thought Joe just resigned for 3 more years?

That X-Pac stuff must have just happened because he was at the 2/1 AAA TV taping. It's sad if it's true because he was great in AAA. Seemed to be healthy.

Guest Joseph2112
In an interview with www.inyourheadonline.com, Juventud Guerrera said that Sean "X-Pac" Waltman got depressed and tried to commit suicide in Mexico -- his current residence. Guerrera said that Waltman is now in a treatment facility in the U.S. Guerrera noted that he visited Waltman last week and is doing well.

Now thats what I call "X-Pac Heat".

According to Gerweck(thous probably from a pay site) Samoa Joe's contract is set to run out sometime in June. I know we've heard this all before, but if it's legit I don't think Joe will be able to turn down the money Vince will throw at him.

Why would they throw money at Samoa Joe? Everything I've ever heard from the sheets say no one in WWE thinks Joe is a big deal. When Mick Foley signed a new deal with WWE in 2006, they said Foley really pushed for the company to sign Samoa Joe and everyone laughed at him.

Why would they throw money at Samoa Joe? Everything I've ever heard from the sheets say no one in WWE thinks Joe is a big deal. When Mick Foley signed a new deal with WWE in 2006, they said Foley really pushed for the company to sign Samoa Joe and everyone laughed at him.

I agree. If they did sign Joe, they would basically neuter him so much it wouldn't even be funny.

They'd do it just to get him away from TNA is all. I don't believe he is free any time soon though. Gerweck didn't source it to any of the in-the-know sites this time. Joe would never be a top guy, unless the fans demanded it early, because he's built like Trevor Murdoch, and the wwe is still all about the big muscles.

If they signed Joe, he would give a big and interesting boost to ECW, but that's about it. It's not like he'd be feuding with Cena or Edge or something.

I've been wondering something for a while now. It is the stupidest thing to get worked up over, but I want to know why WWE used red ring ropes for the Royal Rumble? I really dug the white ones they used last year for RR and WM. The black ones are ok, but they look shitty for a WWE ring. I just thought the red ropes took away from the big feel of the event. Why do I even care? Ugh..

I think WWE would sign Joe if anything to prevent TNA making him The Next Big Thing, but truthfully TNA aint going anywhere upward right now

They sign Chris Harris, but they won't sign Samoa Joe? Fuck off.

Calm down, buddy. I never said they wouldn't sign Samoa Joe. I just said they wouldn't offer him a large amount of money to jump.

At AAA's Rey de Reys show on March 16, they're going to be inducting Eddie Guerrero into their Hall of Fame. Vickie Guerrero requested WWE to let her to do the honors of inducting Eddie, but WWE denied her request. Right now, AAA is talking with one of Guerrero's brothers Chavo, Mondo, or Hector.

-- PWI

Guest cheetoe
At AAA's Rey de Reys show on March 16, they're going to be inducting Eddie Guerrero into their Hall of Fame. Vickie Guerrero requested WWE to let her to do the honors of inducting Eddie, but WWE denied her request. Right now, AAA is talking with one of Guerrero's brothers Chavo, Mondo, or Hector.

-- PWI

If that's true, it's just sad. :(

-- PWI

Yeah, but WWE has a history of being dicks about this sort of stuff. They wouldn't let Rey and Chavo work a Eddie memorial show in Mexico a few weeks after Eddie died that was designed to raise money for Vickie and the three daughters.

Wow what a bunch on monumental bastards.

MySpace roundup time!

Marty Jannetty had this to say about Jeff Hardy beating Shawn Michaels clean on the 2/11 Raw:

Why would either of them win tonight, in a straight up win(no dq or interference of any type)..isnt the pay per view this coming Sunday? and, they are wrestling each other right? well, why would someone pay $50 to see what they already saw?? or, Im missing something here, am I? isnt it the mystic of who would win that match sorta the reason you pay such a lot of money to watch and see??...like, would I pay 50 to see Hollyfield give Tyson a piece of his ear again??? I dont think so....so...why we doing this??? why are we giving them the outcome prior to the >>>>>>>>>>>event<<<<<<

Also, Jake "The Snake" Roberts posted a lengthy message about his current rehab:

Message from Jake "The Snake" Roberts

(Note: This was called in for Team Snake to post from Jake in rehab.)

Congratulations! The Giants win 17-14 over the Patriots. Didn't really matter that they went 18-0. All that will be remembered is how they finished. Which brings me to where I am at in my life. 52 years ago started out on a journey through hell and high water. Sometimes my path was directed by others. Other times, I carved my own trail. Living in the past or trying to live in the future doesn't do anything for me but leave me sitting on my ass, one foot in the past one foot in the future, with no leg to stand on. So with all the kudos that have been laid upon Jake I'm still lost in a quagmire of depression, drugs, and alcohol.

Fans, friends and family first of all I want to say Thank you for all of your support, love and kindness. Second of all I want you all to know how unhappy, how hopeless and how empty I was. The Truth is I would probably would of had to have felt better about myself before I could even die, that's how miserable I was. But just like the underdog Giants I still had one flicker of a flame left that desired not to go out. In September after many months and years of wallowing and being completely out of control I had a brief moment of clarity. I want to live again. Kind of simple some might think. But if you knew how I felt at that time you would understand. Through all the garbage and the mess that I created I still saw a chance and had the faith to believe I could do it. One problem I faced was finally taking that first step, which I did, making a decision to do something about my situation. Two, was how would it be financed? After all, recovery certainly isn't cheap. Well folks, the truth is, think what you want justify or summarize, I don't care. But Vince McMahon and the WWE saved my life, plain and simple. Do I like it? The fact is, I don't. But I am damned sure grateful. NO I don't like having slid to where I was at, feeling like I did. NO, oh no, but the truth is I was a dead man walking. Still breathing, heart still beating, but my soul was dead and gone. So thank all of you, my friends, my family, my fans, especially Vince McMahon. Thank you for tossing me that life preserver. Yes Vince you threw me a life preserver, and I grabbed hold of it.

Thank you friends, family and fans for keeping my heart beating long enough for me to make that decision, to reach out and grab a hold. Its amazing how quickly a life can change for better or worse. Mine, I can't even recognize it. But thank you WWE for whatever reason, doesn't matter to me. You gave me a life, my own.

Thank you for giving me back my dream. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to stand tall again, and free. Free of the things that no one needs in their lives. Freedom from anger and hate and all of it directed at myself. You see today I understand one thing. I wasn't just a sick sorry no good son of a bitch. I was a human being with a disease. This one is different from cancer or all of those other horrible human afflictions. This one can't be cured. But today I have the tools, knowledge, and the will and the faith that I need to keep my disease in check. My hope is someday I will regain the family, the friends and the fans that I have lost due to my past actions. My hope is someday you will all forgive me, as God has, as I have myself. Don't think for a minute that this is goodbye. NO, this is hello. Hello from Aurelian, not Jake. Jake will always be the performer, he will continue to do so. Because honestly, if I was the best at what I did, when I was completely screwed up, is there any limit to how I can be with both feet on the ground? I think not. I am the most excited I have ever been, other than the birth of my children. So beware, that isn't me making that noise in the closet or under your bed. This Jake is going to kick the front door in with a gleam in his eye, and snarling lip, heart beating like a drum, but this star won't come crashing down. I hope to see you all soon.

Aurelian Smith Jr.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

2/4/08

Jake also posted a picture of himself working out dated at January 2008, presumably in the gym of his rehabilitation center.

Marty needs to calm down. All this means is that come Sunday Shawn will just get that job back from Jeff. HBK always has to get that job back. And since HHH always eventually will get his job back Jeff is screwed either way, since Jeff beat him in their last encounter. So if HBK doesn't beat Jeff, HHH will.

Its great to hear that Jake is doing well, hopefully he will be able to stay clean this time around. I would love to see him back as a manager or road agent or something he can still offer alot if he keeps himself clean.

-- PWI

Yeah, but WWE has a history of being dicks about this sort of stuff. They wouldn't let Rey and Chavo work a Eddie memorial show in Mexico a few weeks after Eddie died that was designed to raise money for Vickie and the three daughters.

Yet the WWE let Rey Jr. appear on AAA when he was inducted into the AAA hall of fame. It makes no sense and stupid on WWE's part for them to deny Vickie.

WWE just sent me a survey e-mail. There were radio buttons next to all of them but I couldn't copy it exactly, if the link works for anyone else here it is: http://www.wweresearch.com/se.ashx?s=0B88014006B70EF0

Given your experiences with WWE, please rate the following "taglines" based on how they make you feel about WWE.

Rating

Poor Fair Average Good Excellent

WWE...Let Us Entertain You

WWE...The Ultimate Thrill Ride

WWE...Where the Story Never Ends

WWE...It's On

WWE...Real Entertainment

WWE...It's Unreal

Thank you for your participation. Please click the button below to submit your responses.

They all suck. ^^;

Why do they even bother with these surveys? If they don't like the results, they are going to disregard it and go with the one the office (Vince) ultimately wants anyways.

The "unreal" one reminds me of one of the Billionaire Ted skits.

Executive 1: What about unbelievable, you know, not believable.

Executive 2: Yeah, like Ted's Wrassling is not believable.

Billionaire Ted: Look this is no time to start telling the truth.

Hey guys, I have a question for anybody who knows or anybody who has experience in the business, preferrably WWE.

What does it take to book a show? What's the process you have to go through, and why are there so many writers doing a particular show, etc.

Hey guys, I have a question for anybody who knows or anybody who has experience in the business, preferrably WWE.

What does it take to book a show? What's the process you have to go through, and why are there so many writers doing a particular show, etc.

Depends. Are you looking to become a writer, or promoter?

How do you define the two?

How do you define the two?

Writer: Someone who takes a hand in crafting the angles/promos in a show.

Promoter: Person who sets up the show.

In the latter case, I think people don't realize that 5% of the job is creating the matches and angles. Far more work is involved in renting the building, advertising, booking the talent, acquiring the applicable permits, etc.