TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

The flickering lights and power losses could also be caused by faulty wiring or failing bulbs. But it is said that ghosts need energy to manifest and that they gather it from batteries and other appliances, so it could be Owen taking energy from the lights and outlets.

credit:F4W Newsletter

People pay for this shit?

Pay for what, the direct quote of what someone else said? Or were you not making a remark about the wrestling newsletter there?

Anyone remember how friggin over he was in Montreal right before the draft? I know he's Canadian...but he wasn't really a blip on WWE radar and he came out to a Hogan welcome.

That was in Calgary, you fuck. I was there live, he got the biggest reaction of the night... Bigger then Batista, Jericho, Benoit, and even the returning Lance Storm.

Why, man?

Why what?

He was also too small.

What? No.

After doing some quick checks, he's the same height (or w/in an inch) of: Cena, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, HBK, Kennedy, MVP. He's only 3 inches shorter than HHH or Edge.

Which brings me back to that bad wrestler thing, nobody on that list but Kennedy is a worse wrestler than Christian. Maybe small was the wrong word, he looks very skinny.

Anyone remember how friggin over he was in Montreal right before the draft? I know he's Canadian...but he wasn't really a blip on WWE radar and he came out to a Hogan welcome.

That was in Calgary, you fuck. I was there live, he got the biggest reaction of the night... Bigger then Batista, Jericho, Benoit, and even the returning Lance Storm.

Why, man?

Why what?

I think he was referring to you saying "you fuck" to another poster for seemingly no reason.

Why, man?

Why what?

I think he was referring to you saying "you fuck" to another poster for seemingly no reason.

"Because THAT'S HOW I ROLL!" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

He was also too small.

What? No.

After doing some quick checks, he's the same height (or w/in an inch) of: Cena, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, HBK, Kennedy, MVP. He's only 3 inches shorter than HHH or Edge.

Which brings me back to that bad wrestler thing, nobody on that list but Kennedy is a worse wrestler than Christian. Maybe small was the wrong word, he looks very skinny.

Christian is a very bland worker at times, but he is VERY capable given an opponet that motivates him. He's had good singles matches in the WWE. He's certainly not a bad worker, he's a good worker.

I'll just throw out that he has had a really strong last 6 months in the ring for TNA.

His matches with Joe were great, he had good stuff with Kaz...and I think that he and Angle were having a fantastic match Sunday until the booking showed up.

That's 3 different styles of workers that he's had a good run with of late.

Granted...all 3 are really good...but he more than hung with them. he finally learned to drop the Randy Orton headlock...

Personally, I think Christian in TNA "feels" different than he did towards the end of his WWE run. In WWE, part of the problem was that he had the stigma of being a former LHW and tag team type of guy. WWE could have made him into a main eventer if they really wanted to, but clearly it wasn't a priority. In TNA, it seems like the old "also ran" Christian is gone, and he stepped into a main eventer role right out of the gates.

Sometimes a change of scenery is all a guy really needs.

Christian was barely known as a LHW in the WWE, I don't get where this argument comes from... He had one brief run at the title back in 1998 when he was in the Brood, that barely no one remembers. For the majority of his singles career in the WWE, he was contending or holding the IC title.

Hell, Jeff fucking Hardy held the LHW title, yet no one brings that up when discussing him being a legit main eventer.

For those wondering what happened to WWE having congressional hearings about performance enhancement drugs etc, well they have got away with it. George Mitchell released a strong report on growth enhancers in Major League Baseball and wrestling has been totally forgotten from the mix. Vince has reportedly forgotten all about the past years controversies, or at least that's the way he is acting.

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=204946523

He was also too small.

What? No.

Christian is a very bland worker at times, but he is VERY capable given an opponet that motivates him. He's had good singles matches in the WWE. He's certainly not a bad worker, he's a good worker.

That isn't signs of a good wrestler, maybe I went over board calling him a bad wrestler or implying as such. I do believe he's very average and very boring. I seen some guy say that he had awesome matches with Joe, Angle, and even Kaz. Well none of them matches/performers are that good either. Joe was very good until he ran in to Angle, Angle is really fucking boring, and Kaz is...Well he's Kaz, which isn't saying much.

The supposed lack of size and the very brief run as lightweight worker wasn't Christian's biggest hindrance. It was years of being the sidekick to Edge and Jericho.

The flickering lights and power losses could also be caused by faulty wiring or failing bulbs. But it is said that ghosts need energy to manifest and that they gather it from batteries and other appliances, so it could be Owen taking energy from the lights and outlets.

credit:F4W Newsletter

:lol: !

They didn't really publish that did they?

*sigh*

F4W Newsletter did in fact post that because they were quoting a guy that said it. Rob Lefebvre (I believe was the name) wrote that in article about hauntings last week. Jericho2000mark thought the same thing. You can see that the second paragraph is a continuation of the quote in the previous paragraph. I also doubt that F4W Newsletter was quoting it for the accuracy, but more for the lunacy of the statement.

*sigh*

F4W Newsletter did in fact post that because they were quoting a guy that said it. Rob Lefebvre (I believe was the name) wrote that in article about hauntings last week. Jericho2000mark thought the same thing. You can see that the second paragraph is a continuation of the quote in the previous paragraph. I also doubt that F4W Newsletter was quoting it for the accuracy, but more for the lunacy of the statement.

Oh cool. So I can submit Ghost Owen fan fiction and F4W will post it XD

They should build up Ghost Owen for a comeback and then job him to Orton.

I rather watch Ghost Owen feud with God.

He was also too small.

What? No.

That isn't signs of a good wrestler, maybe I went over board calling him a bad wrestler or implying as such. I do believe he's very average and very boring. I seen some guy say that he had awesome matches with Joe, Angle, and even Kaz. Well none of them matches/performers are that good either. Joe was very good until he ran in to Angle, Angle is really fucking boring, and Kaz is...Well he's Kaz, which isn't saying much.

Are you nuts??!! Christian is a very above average worker / wrestler

And you are questioning Joe and Angle as workers

What kind of wresting do you watch ? I would like to hear you tell me who you think is a good 'wrestler"

Cena ??!! LMAO

Yeah...I didn't realize that Truthiness was a retard.

So I'm just going to say what I meant...

I honestly loved Christian/Angle last Sunday to the point where I recommend picking up the DVD just to see how awesome it was before the screwy booking. You get about 16 minutes of hard hitting, logical, nonstop greatness before the ending f's you.

When Christian hits his unprettier out of f'n nowhere, out of an almost desperation to prove his point of being great, I defy you as a wrestling fan not to pop.

Someone else had to see it and please back me up...

I do too agree that Christian/Angle was an excellent match this past Sunday until Vince Russo's booking jumped in and ruined the end, as it does every main event in TNA.

All bow before King Helmsley!

Christian Cage talk

I will admit, Cage has great story telling skills. Great ring psycology. His mic skills are pretty damn good. Goes over the top sometimes, but its good.

The only thing I don't like about him is his actual wresting skills. He is just average to me. If he did not have good mic skills, he wouldn't be anything special. Yeah, I think he deserved a main event push in WWE (adding Jericho ionto his title shot match was complete bullshit), but I wouldn't have liked seeing him be the face of the company a lot. Mostly because of his wrestling skills, which are not that good to me. Just my opinion.

How do you guys think WWE 2005 will be remembered? Sure it was the breakthrough year of Batista and Cena, but what a jobberific roster they had outisde the main event.

On SmackDown, we had to deal with Animal and Heidenreich going over in a feud with MNM, Christian and Booker T floating around aimlessly in the midcard, Hussein being murdered, and the whole main event scene (Taker, JBL, Batista, Orton, Eddie, Rey) really just seemed to be a stagnant place and weren't doing anything new. Oh, and Benoit vs. Orlando 50 times.

RAW had the burial of Jericho at Cena's hands, Angle's awkward and failed attempt at getting boos, HHH's weak turn against Flair, a weekly Edge/Kane match along with a weird double turn considering the circumstances (Lita, the liberated forced wife of psycho/rapist Kane who we now feel sorry for). Shelton and Carlito held up the midcard pretty well and Matt Hardy spiced things up for a bit, but by and large RAW was forgettable.

Hogan/Michaels, in my opinion, was a really embarassing display. An entire feud based on who was the biggest politician. All the talk on the boards were wondering who pulled more stroke not to do the JOB. The highlight of the feud was the shameless Bret Hart tease. Oh, and semi-retired Hogan went over active competitor Michaels.

If you ask me, Cena, Batista and One Night Stand were the only unmitigated success stories of a largely forgetable year.

I enjoyed 2005 for the most part, especially the Hogan / Michaels feud. Sue me.

Although he is friendly with everyone in the locker room and the wrestlers respect his work ethic, John Cena is also considered a “kiss ass” by some. Wrestlers say it was not uncommon for Cena to talk strategy or just hang out with Vince McMahon for over an hour on television days before Cena was sidelined by his recent injury. “Cena is definitely Vince’s boy and that’s why Triple H doesn’t even try to f--- with him,” one source tells Prowrestling.net. While Randy Orton is viewed as someone who will stand up to the old guard on occasion, Cena is viewed as a company man.

Awesome.