TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

They don't need another surprise for the sake of a surprise. It's not the main event, Edge is going over regardless.

Of course everyone knows Edge will be going over but I think that most people will think that Matt has a better shot at beating Edge then Kane does for no other reason then the fact that he would be a surprise.

Just put Kane in there. He makes actual sense considering he is screwed out of the EC match for some reason I can't understand. It at least gives Kane something to do on the PPV, whereas Matt can come back and feud with MVP after No Way Out.

Just turned on ECW (it airs on Fridays here) and the Divas match is on.

Is it my imagination, or is Joey Styles doing everything short of saying "I can't believe I have to call this fucking shit" during this?

That's how I felt a month or so ago during a Kelly/Layla match, where they were botching spots left and right and Styles was making a big deal over how "impressive" Kelly was when she was grabbing Layla by the hair and knocking her head into the mat repeatedly. You know, the same spot that every diva search reject can do? It was depressingly funny to me.

I like Layla. She's still incredibly green, obviously, but she always puts a lot of energy and effort into everything (even during that stupid Diva Battle Royal last Summer, when she was going after people with some sort of inflatable like she was in a deadly knife-fight or something) and she seems like one of the girls who's going to make a real effort to improve in-ring. She doesn't neccessarily look like someone 'trying to wrestle' like most new divas.

She shouldn't cut a promo any time soon though. Not until she's sorted her accent out. Half British, half American twang = not good.

I agree Kane is a suitable replacement, all I'm saying is that myself and most others would probably prefer Matt, even if it is a one night thing. Matt and Edge have a great enough history that even if this is a one night thing it wouldn't affect that they can have another feud. Plus Matt would be a much bigger surprise then Kane in my opinion.

I really, really like this idea, if Matt is good to go. MVP can cost him his shot, and hey can pick up where they left off, leading into a US Title Match at WrestleMania.

The Miz is actually getting better. John Morrison is horrible though. He can't say anything with sounding like he's reading it intently straight off of a cue card.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/692...Abyss,-More.htm

- Here is the tracklist for WWE's Volume 8 themes CD.

(1) Jeff Hardy: No More Words (Endevetafter)

(2) Kofi Kingston: SOS (Collie Budz)

(3) Beth Phoenix: Glamazon

(4) Mark Henry: The Wall (Heat Mobb)

(5) Hawkins & Ryder: In the Middle of it Now (Desciple)

(6) Jillian: Sliced Bread

(7) Mr. McMahon: No Chance In Hell (Theory of a Deadman)

(8) ECW Theme

(9) Jesse & Festus: Biscuits & Gravy

(10) Candice Michelle: What Love Is

(11) John Morrison: This Aint No Make Believe

(12) Shelton Benjamin: Ain't No Stoppin Me (Axel Rose)

(13) Mr. Kennedy: Turn Up The Trouble (Airbourne)

(14) Chris Jericho: Break Down The Walls (James Grundler)

Fuck yeah, Jesse and Festus! But... Axl Rose singing Shelton's song? What the fuck?

Is Kemper haunted by the ghost of Owen Hart

I s Kemper Arena haunted? By the ghost of Owen Hart, the pro wrestler who fell to his death from a catwalk there on May 23, 1999?

Well, that has been the buzz in ghost hunting forums and on pro wrestling Web sites in recent weeks.

The talk began after a column in a student newspaper in Rhode Island suggested that there have been sightings of the ghost of Hart in Kemper’s rafters.

The column, called “Haunted America,” runs regularly in The Anchor, a student newspaper at Rhode Island College, and discusses various ghost sightings and suspected supernatural activities across the country. We should note that the column discussing the ghost story at Kemper Arena had no attributions.

“Employees (at Kemper Arena) have claimed to have seen (Hart) in the rafters wearing the costume he was wearing for his gimmick,” the newspaper wrote, “as well as the cable before he began the descent. There have also been reports of flickering lights and other power sources that seem to go on and off in some areas of the arena.”

Hart plunged 78 feet to his death at Kemper Arena when the quick-release mechanism on his harness opened as he was lowered from a catwalk.

Mike Young, assistant general manager at Kemper Arena, said he has received some e-mail about the ghost story from outside sources but not from any of his employees.

“I haven’t had any employees here talk to me about it,” Young said. “I can’t speak for all of them, but I haven’t noticed anything unusual going on in the rafters. But who knows?”

Supernatural “experts” suggest that even ghosts need a power supply, which may explain the flickering lights at Kemper. Young has another explanation.

“We get about 300 power spikes a year inside Kemper,” Young said. “And KCPL has them all documented. We’re on the same power grid as downtown Kansas City, so anytime there’s a spike there or an accident or bad weather, we get power surges or spikes, too.”

“We get about 300 power spikes a year inside Kemper,” Young said. “And KCPL has them all documented. We’re on the same power grid as downtown Kansas City, so anytime there’s a spike there or an accident or bad weather, we get power surges or spikes, too.”

I think this story has been posted like three times on this forum already.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/692...Abyss,-More.htm

- Here is the tracklist for WWE's Volume 8 themes CD.

(1) Jeff Hardy: No More Words (Endevetafter)

(2) Kofi Kingston: SOS (Collie Budz)

(3) Beth Phoenix: Glamazon

(4) Mark Henry: The Wall (Heat Mobb)

(5) Hawkins & Ryder: In the Middle of it Now (Desciple)

(6) Jillian: Sliced Bread

(7) Mr. McMahon: No Chance In Hell (Theory of a Deadman)

(8) ECW Theme

(9) Jesse & Festus: Biscuits & Gravy

(10) Candice Michelle: What Love Is

(11) John Morrison: This Aint No Make Believe

(12) Shelton Benjamin: Ain't No Stoppin Me (Axel Rose)

(13) Mr. Kennedy: Turn Up The Trouble (Airbourne)

(14) Chris Jericho: Break Down The Walls (James Grundler)

Fuck yeah, Jesse and Festus! But... Axl Rose singing Shelton's song? What the fuck?

I'm so sold on this album, I just hope it comes out on actual cd this time around. A lot of these themes I just want to hear all the way through like Kofi's, the ECW theme, and Shelton's song since Axel Rose is singing it. Hawkins and Ryder are the Edgeheads right? Is there a release date for the cd yet?

According to Wikipedia its March 25th.

If I was the Big Show then despite my love for my buddies I would say the hell with it and go for money that the WWE would offer.

I'm sure its not THE Axl.

Would be kinda depressing for a Guns N' Roses fan if he had time to record that but not finish the new album.

I don't know if I believe the MVP/Mayweather rumor unless Matt Hardy isn't due back - what is his status? I don't know how a Mysterio/Mayweather vs Big Show/Partner will work because Mysterio is a one armed man and both are tiny compared to Big Show. A better bet would be Batista and Mayweather vs Big Show and partner. And if Hardy isn't cleared enough to wrestle, the partner could be MVP and Hardy could maybe involve himself in the fhinish, maybe leading to Floyd pinning MVP or something.

Riiiiiiiight...I got myself a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya...

I bid a dollar.

Meltzer reports that the latest backstage talk right now (assuming at Raw) is Rey/Mayweather v. Show/Shane McMahon at Mania.