TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

It was on TMZ, they talked about him breaking his nose and someone on the staff said they were there and he was on a plane with some wrestlers that night and they were talking about it.

I really don't feel the "Money" nickname he is using. When did he start with that because as long as I can remember he's been "Pretty Boy?"

I really don't feel the "Money" nickname he is using. When did he start with that because as long as I can remember he's been "Pretty Boy?"

Since his fights started generating big money and big PPV buyrates.

So after tonight, Wrestlemania is looking like:

-Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena

-Edge vs. Undertaker

-Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

-Money in the Bank: Jeff Hardy vs. Kennedy vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? (Who do you think gets the remaining spots? You've got the likes of Batista, Jericho, Umaga, MVP, Mark Henry, Kane, Khali, and some ECW guys to choose from)

-Big Show vs. Mayweather in some form

-JBL/Mr. McMahon? vs. Finlay/Hornswaggle? (Could just be a straight fight between JBL and Finlay with McMahon and Hornswaggle at ringside)

Other possibilities:

-Beth Phoenix vs. Maria - Candice Michelle with a role as well

-MVP vs. Jeff Hardy (If Hardy does come back, if not - MVP goes into Money in the Bank)

-A tag-team title match? Cody and Holly vs. Santino and Carlito or what about champions vs. champions and throw Miz/Morrison in there.

They'll probably stick with the 8 man MitB like last year. It depends on what they do for the ECW Title. If they do Punk-Chavo blowoff, then I expect to see Kennedy-Hardy-Jericho-Umaga-Kane-Benjamin-Shelton-? (could be Burchill, Richards, Noble...). If they put the title back on Punk, I see either Benjamin or Umaga getting a match. Which would leave Chavo to the MitB.

They'll probably stick with the 8 man MitB like last year. It depends on what they do for the ECW Title. If they do Punk-Chavo blowoff, then I expect to see Kennedy-Hardy-Jericho-Umaga-Kane-Benjamin-Shelton-? (could be Burchill, Richards, Noble...). If they put the title back on Punk, I see either Benjamin or Umaga getting a match. Which would leave Chavo to the MitB.

My mistake... I forgot it was 8 spots.

Kofi.

I suggested Kofi in the WM24 thread but I'm not sure they like him that much to put him in that spot. His acrobatic skills will be impressive in a ladder match to say the least.

Guest frostdude1

I really hope Shawn is super heal going into his match against Flair. If they do the gay "I respect and love you so much but I have to do my job and fight you at WM" angle, it will suck !! He needs to super kick him out of nowhere next week and it would instantly be the most anticipated match of the night.

Also I hope they include Jericho in the Finlay vs JBL/Vince match. It makes the most sense.

Am I the only one who's never heard of this Mayweather guy? I mean after reading the PPV results Sunday night, I had to Google his name to find out anything about him. I seriously doubt McMahon will get the kind of mainstream attention out of this like he did when Mike Tyson came in at Wrestlemania 14, if that's what he's going for.

Am I the only one who's never heard of this Mayweather guy? I mean after reading the PPV results Sunday night, I had to Google his name to find out anything about him. I seriously doubt McMahon will get the kind of mainstream attention out of this like he did when Mike Tyson came in at Wrestlemania 14, if that's what he's going for.

You probably are. Mayweather along with Oscar De La Hoya set the record for a boxing Pay Per View buyrate last year. For nearly three years he has been recognized as the best pound for pound boxer by Ring Magazine.

Thank fucking God Jeff is in the MITB. I read a rumor that there was talk of changing it to Hardy / Michaels and booking Batista / Flair at Wrestlemania and that would've absolutely sucked!

I really hope Shawn is super heal going into his match against Flair. If they do the gay "I respect and love you so much but I have to do my job and fight you at WM" angle, it will suck !! He needs to super kick him out of nowhere next week and it would instantly be the most anticipated match of the night.

Agreed. They tried the "I respect and love you so much " crap last time at Bad Blood and it was terrible. Granted, Flair turned on Michaels leading up to the match, but you know what I mean.

Speaking of Batista, what's he rumored to be doing at WM? MITB? Dave may be too tendor for any good spots there.

Maybe he can slot in to the Mayweather/Big Show/Shane McMahon program....it could be fun seeing him throw Shane around.

Its really awesome to see Mayweather get involved as I guess you can say this is a throwback to Mike Tyson from 10 years ago. I heard they wanted to try Hogan / Show again for this year until Hulkster announced he wanted to start his own promotion. With Mayweather Vs. Show being booked, this will definitely get main event status with all the future promotion that will take place.

Speaking of Batista, what's he rumored to be doing at WM? MITB? Dave may be too tendor for any good spots there.

That's what I hated about the decision to make the WWE title match a triple threat. It took away a high profile match spot for Batista as he could've wrestled Orton, HHH, or Cena and now he's lost in the shuffle unless he wrestles Kane or somebody.

The difference is everyone knew "Iron" Mike Tyson. Did you hear the crowd when Mayweather came out, silence. If ten years ago Tyson came out and slugged Austin and accepted a fight can you imagine the crowd and press reaction. It would lead SportsCenter. I know who Mayweather is, but the 4 people I was watching with had no clue who he was, but they would've thought Tyson was a huge deal.

The difference is everyone knew "Iron" Mike Tyson. Did you hear the crowd when Mayweather came out, silence. If ten years ago Tyson came out and slugged Austin and accepted a fight can you imagine the crowd and press reaction. It would lead SportsCenter. I know who Mayweather is, but the 4 people I was watching with had no clue who he was, but they would've thought Tyson was a huge deal.

This is a good point. Mike Tyson was bigger than the sport of boxing much like Steve Austin was bigger than professional wrestling at the time. I love the Show-Mayweather angle so far, but neither man is nearly the household name that their predecessors are/were.

They booed Floyd, mostly because he was in Oscar's territory and has made fun of hispanics most of 2007.

The guy is the biggest ppv draw in the world, they knew him, they just don't like him.

Mayweather is known in boxing circles and certainly can draw money on PPV, but he has no real crossover or mainstream appeal. Pretty much everyone knows Mike Tyson. Tyson was probably 10x more known to non boxing fans.

Did you hear the crowd at all last night? They sucked the entire show, so don't gage the reaction on those deadheads from last night. Plus, as someone said earlier MAyweather was in De La Hoya territory last night and he beat him last year in the biggest drawing PPV, so they hate him in that area. I don't know if I would have put the Big Show in there after being gone for so long, but I guess they wanted to go for that David vs. Goliath thing.

Anything is better than Hogan vs. Show. It would have been the same bullshit as always with Hogan coming in for his WM payday and going over Show. We need something different, and this is it.

I like the idea of Batista/Mayweather -vs- Show and Shane. I actually like Batista in that spot more than Rey. Batista will actually get some believable offense on Show and Shane can bump around for Floyd. They can argue over who really is the "Money." I figured they didn't want Floyd using "Pretty Boy" since HBK is the "Sexy Boy."

It was very smart to have Mayweather save Mysterio since Floyd's cocky and people don't like that (Floyd lives in Las Vegas and we still booed him) so he gets a face turn to a degree both on TV and in real life.

Although I will say I can tell you from personal experience that while Floyd may come off as an asshole, etc. on TV, he's absolutely one of the coolest guys ever. :headbang:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida -- A Florida man convicted of killing a 6-year-old playmate when he was 12 is taking a plea deal in a pizza delivery robbery.

Lionel Tate pleaded no contest Tuesday in Broward County Circuit Court to charges of robbing the pizza man in 2005.

The robbery lead to a probation violation that landed the now 21-year-old Tate in prison for 30 years.

The pizza robbery deal includes a 10-year prison sentence. But Tate attorney Jim Lewis said that sentence will run at the same time as his prison term for the probation violation.

Tate was only 14 when he was sentenced to life in prison for the 1999 killing of 6-year-old Tiffany Eunick. Tate insisted that he wasn't trying to hurt Eunick and was instead only mimicking WWF wrestling moves he had seen on TV. That conviction was overturned on appeal and Tate got probation.

It was very smart to have Mayweather save Mysterio since Floyd's cocky and people don't like that (Floyd lives in Las Vegas and we still booed him) so he gets a face turn to a degree both on TV and in real life.

Although I will say I can tell you from personal experience that while Flody may come off as an asshole, etc. on TV, he's absolutely one of the coolest guys ever. :headbang:

He is very cool, as is Roy Jones, Holyfield, Tarver, Mosley, Foreman, Lewis and De La Hoya. I've met them all, and they're all more appreciative to their fans than Wrestlers are. I've met more asshole wrestlers than any other form of sports, its odd, because you'd think wrestlers would be more humle, and the legit big sport stars would be more like assholes.

I say Money and Show turn on Rey next week. Its explained as a respect thing. Show earned Money respect by taking his punches and Money earned Show respect for not backing down.

Rey gets taken out for WM, saved by Batista and Punk, Rey two closest friend storylien wise. Tista and Punky vs Show and Money.