TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

I still argue if you offer Austin 10 million he fights Hogan. What would be a bigger draw, Mayweather-Show or Austin-Hogan? I argue Austin-Hogan by far. If this years mania buyrate comes in and is relatively close to past years they've just wasted money.

If you give Austin 10 million, then you would have to give Hogan double... Which would piss Austin off, and making him no show.

Pay more based on who is going to lose. I bet Austin would take more money to lose, and Hogan would be happy because he was going over, since he probably has a bigger ego and winning is more important to him.

I like how the Torch article mocks journalists for not doing any research and taking the $20 million figure at face value, but then does nothing in the way of actual correction or new information. Why doesn't Mitchell get off his fat ass and figure out what Mayweather is actually getting.

To answer my own question from earlier, I think Tyson got paid $10 M for his WM stint.

courtesy of www.prowrestling.net

Shortly after his WWE release Chris Masters was contacted by congress in regards to their Wellness Policy, but more precisely the way wrestlers are treated as a culture.

Congress have become aware that Triple H publicly mocked Masters' shrunken muscle mass on live TV shortly after he returned from a Wellness suspension.

This is the key to bringing WWE under close scrutiny, because if Congress can prove that higher ups in the company encourage the use of steroids then the full blame can be shifted away from wrestler's "personal choice" and on to WWE management.

Bobby Lashley was also contacted shortly after his departure.

As noted earlier today congress are still looking in to a hearing on Pro Wrestling and are particularly peeved that Vince McMahon refused to show up to a similar hearing on drugs in sports.

I would love to hear Vince McMahon and/or Triple H answering questions in front of Congress. There would be so many perjury charges to follow.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...cle100314.shtml

Dot Net Exclusive: At least two former WWE wrestlers have been contacted by Congress

Feb 27, 2008 - 12:14 PM

Members of congress reached out to at least two former WWE wrestlers shortly after they were released by the company. Bobby Lashley and Chris Masters have told friends they were contacted and asked about the WWE drug testing policy. In Masters’ case, the word going around is that he was asked whether ‘s true that his physical appearance was mocked on WWE television after he returned from a suspension. The question was asked regarding an on-air segment with Triple H, who mocked Masters for losing a significant amount of weight (i.e. muscle mass) in a short period of time.

Powell’s POV: The jokes about Masters’ physique were not limited to on-camera segments. Backstage observers say Hunter mercilessly mocked Masters’ shrinking physique and referred to him as the “incredible shrinking man." Obviously, Hunter’s status as Vince McMahon’s son-in-law makes this a bigger issue. The on-camera incident was shocking at the

time and could come back to haunt WWE.

I told people it was fucked up how they did Masters, but I was bashed for it. I guess Congress agrees with me.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...cle100314.shtml

Dot Net Exclusive: At least two former WWE wrestlers have been contacted by Congress

Feb 27, 2008 - 12:14 PM

Members of congress reached out to at least two former WWE wrestlers shortly after they were released by the company. Bobby Lashley and Chris Masters have told friends they were contacted and asked about the WWE drug testing policy. In Masters’ case, the word going around is that he was asked whether ‘s true that his physical appearance was mocked on WWE television after he returned from a suspension. The question was asked regarding an on-air segment with Triple H, who mocked Masters for losing a significant amount of weight (i.e. muscle mass) in a short period of time.

Powell’s POV: The jokes about Masters’ physique were not limited to on-camera segments. Backstage observers say Hunter mercilessly mocked Masters’ shrinking physique and referred to him as the “incredible shrinking man." Obviously, Hunter’s status as Vince McMahon’s son-in-law makes this a bigger issue. The on-camera incident was shocking at the

time and could come back to haunt WWE.

I told people it was fucked up how they did Masters, but I was bashed for it. I guess Congress agrees with me.

I said the same thing. People were telling me that no one would give a shit about a mid card wrestler like Masters. The fact is, between Benoit and the already rampant steroid problem in professional sports, you would have to be crazy to think that Congress wouldn't care about something like this. Although many of you don't consider Masters to be a real human being (because he was low on the WWE card) the truth is, that not only the media, but Congress as well will eat up this sort of opportunity and talk with whoever is willing to talk.

Masters isn't gonna say shit, since being released he's said nothing but nice things. He knows he has a chance of being hired back due to his body and his age.

Did I miss an announcement somewhere?

I thought the same thing, so I just checked the HOF thread and someone just posted something about Roberts possibly being inducted this year. He'd come with someone from the rehab center to watch him and may have Scott Hall as a guest with him. Just after typing that, I realize the car trip with those two, even sober would probably be a reality show I would be willing to watch.

Isn't his father still alive? I would think him.

From both Beyond the Mat and the Roberts dvd, it seems that relationship is cold at best.

Ricky Steamboat would be an adequate choice, as both a WWE employee and well known rival.

From both Beyond the Mat and the Roberts dvd, it seems that relationship is cold at best.

Ricky Steamboat would be an adequate choice, as both a WWE employee and well known rival.

In a perfect world, Steamboat himself would be going in this year.

I think the odds of Grizzly Smith inducting Jake are just as likely as Jake's half brother, Sam Houston or half-sister Rockin' Robin inducting him.

I think Sam Houston is serving a ten year sentence in prison right now but that's neither here nor there.