TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Potential Big Problems for WWE Worker

Thing that bugs me is why does the media want to cover up the person's identity? Is it that hard to say "Wrestler X left a stash of HGH in this man's home., blah blah"?

Because they want to see if they can get a statement from that particular person before running the name.

It's Mike Knox

LOCUST GROVE, Ga. -- A Henry County man claims he found a stash of steroids hidden in the attic of a house where a professional wrestler once lived.

Paperwork in the boxes could link them to wrestler Mike Knox, according to police.

The Locust Grove resident said the boxes he turned over to police contained bottles labeled as steroids, testosterone and human growth hormones. The boxes also contained syringes.

Investigators told WSB-TV Channel 2 reporter Jodie Fleischer that Knox once lived in the house. Knox's real name is Michael Hettinga. He is under contract to the WWE, but wrestles on their ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) circuit.

Fleischer will have more on the next step in the investigation on WSB-TV Channel 2 Action News at

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15815942/detail.html

Just when he was getting a push. I'll be honest, Knox would have been very low on my list, not because I wouldn't believe it but like Havoc said "Who is Mike Knox?" WWE actually lucks out that it's not a major name. They can cut him and find another 6'6, 270lb guy to fill in.

Guest NateW

Now the big question is how long ago Knox lived in that house and when where the drugs purchased.

The company is still going to get some heat from this via the media though, one can assume. He's a current member of the roster and has steroids (or should I say HAD....how he could have forgot to take them when he moved out boggles my mind) so the media will run with it, attacking the wellness policy, etc.

And honestly, I'd say rightfully so that WWE gets some shit for this one. I seriously have my suspicions that Knox was currently on the juice, and pretty heavily as well. Has anyone noticed how much the guy bulked up since he came back?

Whatever the case, I'm sure he's going to get fired to make an example of, but the question still remains how he passed the tests prior. Or maybe he didn't pass them, which would explain how he was moreless off TV for a good while on and off. That would be a HUGE out for the company if thats the case.

Just when he was getting a push. I'll be honest, Knox would have been very low on my list, not because I wouldn't believe it but like Havoc said "Who is Mike Knox?" WWE actually lucks out that it's not a major name. They can cut him and find another 6'6, 270lb guy to fill in.

I think it's irrelevant that it's not a major name or not. The company is still going to get the same kind of bad PR from it regardless. Now the only out is if the shit was purchased a long time ago. Regardless, given Knox is bigger than he ever is right now and this news, well it just makes the wellness policy once again look like a real joke. At least for now, until we find out more details when/where those drugs were purchased and more importantly, if/when he's ever been tested and/or suspended for usage.

I thought Knox got fat since his return, which I figured he got off the juice.

He doesn't look really out of shape more than he just looks bulked up. By no means is he cut, though, so who knows. Was just an observation I had that he looked rather bulky since he's been back and (coincidence or not) he's being pushed all of a sudden for no real reason.

The company is still going to get some heat from this via the media though, one can assume. He's a current member of the roster and has steroids (or should I say HAD....how he could have forgot to take them when he moved out boggles my mind) so the media will run with it, attacking the wellness policy, etc.

And honestly, I'd say rightfully so that WWE gets some shit for this one. I seriously have my suspicions that Knox was currently on the juice, and pretty heavily as well. Has anyone noticed how much the guy bulked up since he came back?

Whatever the case, I'm sure he's going to get fired to make an example of, but the question still remains how he passed the tests prior. Or maybe he didn't pass them, which would explain how he was moreless off TV for a good while on and off. That would be a HUGE out for the company if thats the case.

I was watching the news this evening out of atlanta and a person associated with the investigation put over the wwe saying the wwe was being "very pro-active" and offered to help in their investigation anyway they could. So it might not be as bad as it could be,

The original article was updated to include a response from a WWE spokesman. The spokesman said they talked to Knox and he claimed the stuff didn't belong to him.

Damn, this is quite a turn with Knox either trying to save his ass, claiming they aren't his, or else I would think it's safe to assume he might not have gotten along very well with another roommate possibly, and was set up?!

Either he is REALLY stupid or he was set up. there were bottles wrapped in black tape, some saying HGH and others clearly saying steroids and they all looked empty. Plus the WWE contract and memo were together in a crawl space with like 10 needles. I mean, thats just leaving all the evidence. Just plain stupidity or a set up.

You can guess which one I am leaning towards.

No serious action can be taken, the drugs have apprently been there since 2004. The WWE will just drug test him now and see what the results are. If he's positive, he'll be suspended, if he's negitive, well nothing will happen.

The law might have something to say about that. Finding illegal drugs with your name on them...not a good thing.

What is hilarious about this to me is that the police asked the news stations to not release the guys name. Fox 5 got the exclusive on the story and complied. WSBTV said "Fuck that!" and one uped them by releasing the name, police be damned.

I hate the media...

What is hilarious about this to me is that the police asked the news stations to not release the guys name. Fox 5 got the exclusive on the story and complied. WSBTV said "Fuck that!" and one uped them by releasing the name, police be damned.

I hate the media...

The police said not to reveal the name until they talked to him. They talked to Knox on Monday morning, and his name got revealed in the afternoon.

No serious action can be taken, the drugs have apprently been there since 2004. The WWE will just drug test him now and see what the results are. If he's positive, he'll be suspended, if he's negitive, well nothing will happen.

You're getting the situation twisted.....the only thing that was dated "2004" was a copy of a memo sent out to WWE employees from John Laurinitis about the dress code. And that doesnt even mean Knox GOT IT in 04.......hell, I would imagine he wasn't even a part of anything related to WWE (including developmental) til sometime 05 in the earliest. It was just in 04 when that dress code was implimented.