TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (4/21/2008)

Awesome. Can somebody spoil tag KOTR match finishes please? Thanks in advance.

You know what else I don't like? Counters that aren't actually countering the move. I mean, how the fuck can you counter a spear with a spinebuster? Edge decided he was going to do a standing straight up spear?

Fine. Don't spoil tag it for me then, geez.

I just thought it would be easier for you to avoid the thread then for one of us to spoil tag half of the posts in this thread and make it retarded for the rest of us to read.

Yeah Deon, that's a dumb suggestion. This is the Raw thread -- it's not a movie thread. Everybody gets to see Raw at the same time, more or less, so spoiler tags are not required. In movie threads, people see the film at different points, so tags ARE required.

Don't come into the thread if you don't want to find out what happens.

It would be awesome if Taker just yelled, "I'M THE UNDERTAKER MOTHERFUCKERS!" and then double chokeslammed them. That would have made that ten times better.

Regal winning KOTR is truly puzzling to me. He fits the gimmick and all but let's be honest....they aren't going to do shit with him. What can they really do that is going to be notable? Maybe HHH wins the belt on Sunday and Regal uses his KOTR win to challenge for the belt? That might work had we not already seen Regal job clean to Orton (in the UK no less).

The demented aspect of this booking is that the announcers never put over how bullshit Regal's KOTR wins were. They were congratulating him and everything as though he went through a real bracket. I mean he beat up a midget in 10 seconds and then beat an injured Finlay. I'll agree CM Punk didn't really need the MITB and the KOTR as well, but he also sure as hell doesn't need a loss of any kind to a friggin GM either. In the end I am going to assume Punk will challenge Regal at a PPV or on TV in the near future and cleans his clock to get some heat back.

Anyone think that the added stip of the 4 way at Backlash being elimination style means that Orton is jobbing at long last? I mean he only retained at WM because WWE thought the main event matches were all too predictable and they couldn't change the booking anywhere else (Flair had to retire, UT had to keep the streak, Mayweather couldn't job to Show). If Orton actually retains and goes over 3 other men elimination style I have no idea where you go from there.

Yeah Deon, that's a dumb suggestion. This is the Raw thread -- it's not a movie thread. Everybody gets to see Raw at the same time, more or less, so spoiler tags are not required. In movie threads, people see the film at different points, so tags ARE required.

Don't come into the thread if you don't want to find out what happens.

Pointless correction, but I don't get to watch Raw until one hour after its conclusion everywhere else. West Coast's weird like that. However, yes you deserve to be spoiled if you come in a running thread about the show.

edit: Oh Cabbageboy, that's kinda what I was bitching about last week when the concept was announced. That it would mean nothing because it was not built up. And it appears I was right. But since it's Regal, of course the IWC will go bananas and go "YAY REGAL!" Nevermind it was a wasted opportunity.

Orton won't lose sunday. Their giving him a long run like they did Cena. The WWE title isn't getting hotshot around anymore, and I love it.

It'd be a nice way to build to Mania 25, with the face finally dethroning Orton's reign of "terror".

Ok, I'm watching RAW, right now on Mountain Standard Time, and can anyone tell me who Edge pinned in the 8-man tag match to snag the win?

Orton won't lose sunday. Their giving him a long run like they did Cena. The WWE title isn't getting hotshot around anymore, and I love it.

In a WCW like move, the Toronto promos for the upcoming Raw show in Toronto, had a main event for the WWE title of Orton versus Jericho. Looks like Orton is retaining at Backlash.

Regal winning KOTR is truly puzzling to me. He fits the gimmick and all but let's be honest....they aren't going to do shit with him. What can they really do that is going to be notable? Maybe HHH wins the belt on Sunday and Regal uses his KOTR win to challenge for the belt? That might work had we not already seen Regal job clean to Orton (in the UK no less).

The demented aspect of this booking is that the announcers never put over how bullshit Regal's KOTR wins were. They were congratulating him and everything as though he went through a real bracket. I mean he beat up a midget in 10 seconds and then beat an injured Finlay. I'll agree CM Punk didn't really need the MITB and the KOTR as well, but he also sure as hell doesn't need a loss of any kind to a friggin GM either. In the end I am going to assume Punk will challenge Regal at a PPV or on TV in the near future and cleans his clock to get some heat back.

Anyone think that the added stip of the 4 way at Backlash being elimination style means that Orton is jobbing at long last? I mean he only retained at WM because WWE thought the main event matches were all too predictable and they couldn't change the booking anywhere else (Flair had to retire, UT had to keep the streak, Mayweather couldn't job to Show). If Orton actually retains and goes over 3 other men elimination style I have no idea where you go from there.

CM Punk didn't lose any heat, so he doesn't have to get any back. Unless you count the crowd booing him in both the Hardy and Jericho match as "losing his heat". Punk beat 2 credible guys, and lost to Regal. Regal was basically fresh, and was very violent the whole night. He ran through a midget and a injured Finlay, and than he defeated a injured Punk in the finals. You said most of this yourself, so I don't see how you didn't get it.

Diva gang wars!

I love it. Beth and Nattie could dominate the women's division together.

I'd rather they dominate my cock together.

So you don't understand psycology then?

1. You spoke about Regal losing to Orton clean. You do realize Regal pretty much dominated that match, right? Regal was on top for most of the match and then Orton hit the RKO out of no where to get the win. Just because a wrestler loses clean in a match doesn't mean the rest of his career is damaged. Plus, it's never been said that the winner gets a title shot. It's just been said the winner of the tournament gets the title of king of the ring.

2. The annoucers put over that in the first round of the KOTR tournament that the wrestlers didn't know who they were wrestling. They did however put over how it seemed fishy that the GM was in the tournament and he was wrestling Hornswoggle, but Lawler did say that Hornswoggle is a active wrestler on the Raw roster so it was allowed.

3. Oh no! Regal beat someone who already had his leg damaged after Finlay already had a first round match? Oh no! Nevermind about that psycology. Nevermind Regal using logic to attack Finlay's damaged leg to help him get the win and move on to the finals of the tournament. Lets just throw that right out the window. How is Regal beating someone who already wrestled in the first round damaging, while Regal had a first round match as well. That makes no sense at all.

4. There's nothing wrong with Punk losing to Regal. It sounds like your just upset because Punk didn't win.

So is Khali working for Regal? I'm wondering if Regal will attack Big Show during the Khali match or something and cement their working relationship and give Big Show his next feud with Khali as Regal's bodyguard. The reason I bring it up is that obviously Khali didn't bother to try and win the match, he was just there to take out Finlay. Also given Regal's first round match-up, it's obvious that he put together the bracket, while stacking the other side to ensure who ever came out would be pretty beaten up.

Now on one hand Regal is cemented as a heel given how he basically cheated his way to the crown, however on the other hand he really doesn't gain in being a legit threat in that he had a cakewalk basically to the end. Of course Regal is so badass in the ring and on the mic he is almost always over, or one segment from being over. Another possibility got King William is to use some of the Brit talent/developmentals to give himself some bodyguards. Burchill is rumored to be losing his incest angle and Taylor is still around, and they have 3-4 British developmental wrestlers in FCW.

CNN showed "Obama" and "Clinton" wrestling but didnt mention they had the recorded clips shown earlier..

Burial?