TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Bocek dropped at Edgar at one point as well, breaking his nose in the process. But for the most part he was boxing like a grappler, bent over forward and such.

So it other words, it was nothing more then a lucky shot? Sounds like Edgar came in the fight not really preparing his stand up(nor was he concerned about Bocek's stand up) and focused more on his ground game and got caught with a punch. Edgar's stand up looked good against Tyson Griffin.

I think you misunderstood what I said. Bocek was the one hunched over like a grappler.

Teen fights off man with saw

Neighbor barges into family home

By Macollvie Jean-François | South Florida Sun-Sentinel

September 10, 2007

Pompano Beach - What a weekend 17-year-old Kenny Partanen had.

While waiting for wire cables to be delivered to his home Saturday morning, the longtime student of the martial art called Hapkido fought off a chain-saw-wielding neighbor who barged into his family's Lyons Park home.

"I'm happy I spent all that cash on Hapkido, because that saved us," Kenny's mother, Peggy Partanen, 46, said Sunday.

Reached at her home, the neighbor's mother declined to comment about the disturbance. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is not identifying the man or his mother because he was not arrested.

Spokespersons for the Broward Sheriff's Office and Pompano Beach Fire-Rescue said they responded to a disturbance at the home and took one person from there to Imperial Point Medical Center. Neither agency could provide further details Sunday.

The Partanens remembered the episode vividly.

Kenny, a senior at Atlantic Technical High School, said his friends had just picked up a compressor for a robotics competition at Stranahan High School. He said goodbye and went back inside the house to wait for the cables he would also need, leaving the front door open.

Moments later, Kenny said, the 6-foot, 300-pound neighbor walked in with a chain saw belonging to Ed Partanen, 56, the teen's father. Screaming and spewing obscenities, the neighbor tried, in vain, to rev up the tool.

Kenny managed to grab the 18-inch saw and ordered the intruder out. The man refused to go, screamed and wandered around the house. Kenny, at 5 feet 6 and 210 pounds, managed to push him to the door frame, where they grappled.

"I yelled to my dad, 'Bring something metal and hard!'" Kenny said.

Ed Partanen brought a frying pan and struck the man several times on the wrist.

"He kept shoving harder and harder, screaming louder and louder," Kenny said.

Meanwhile, a frantic Peggy Partanen called 911, and Kenny's brother Donald, 11, ran to his bedroom. Desperate, Kenny said he shoved his index and middle fingers into the man's eye socket.

"His head went up, he lost his balance, and that gave me time to close the door," he said.

Seconds after the man's mother drove up, about 10 deputies arrived and shocked the man with their Taser guns, Kenny said.

The Partanens declined to press charges after learning from the man's mother that he was taking medication, Peggy Partanen said.

"This kid did a hell of a job," said Phil Barrett, Kenny's Hapkido instructor. "Now I don't feel so bad I beat him so much."

Best. Story. Today.

So Hapkido involves eye gouging, frying pans, and retarded opponents? I'm IN.

So, I haven't had cable in over a week and I'm looking forward to it finally being installed on Saturday night so I can watch Ninja/Lawler fo free on TFN.

Fuck we need TFN down here. Like a year ago.

Saw this on myspace, dunno if its worth buying another Affliction/XC shirt though. I'll probably go because it could net me some info for a advertising class project.

post-3603-1189717006_thumb.jpg

Speaking of, I love the way it looks/feels. Worth $50, IMO.

Saw this on myspace, dunno if its worth buying another Affliction/XC shirt though. I'll probably go because it could net me some info for a advertising class project.

post-3603-1189717006_thumb.jpg

Speaking of, I love the way it looks/feels. Worth $50, IMO.

I'll second that.

You know, womens boxing pretty much sucks ass, and I don't care for womens kick boxing, but womens MMA works. Well.

I guess without the weight of those gloves they are really able to throw.

Seriously.

I would love to see Katrine Alendal, Keri Scarr, Lucia Rijkers, Germaine de Randamie, or Julia Budd move to MMA, because honestly, womens boxing and mui thai bores me. But the MMA fights are really good fights.

I don't follow MMA, has Lesnar signed for his 2nd fight? Or is there any strong rumours on when it's gonna be?

Lesnar is in negotiations with Dana White and the UFC for a contract. Dana is saying things are great and he has a lot of respect for Brock Lesnar as a person. I expect the contract to be signed sometime next week.

Did nobody else see the EliteXC show?

Diaz/Aina was pretty good.

Anyone else feel that there's a slight resemblance between Joe Villesenor and Efrem "Pedro" Ramirez? Speaking of which, that match was also pretty decents.

Main event was funny. You know, because Robbie Lawler won? lollerzors.

"Gina Carano contemplates whether her earlier weigh-in debacle would be further highlighted should she consume every available drink on the table at once."

OR

"Fuckin' swarthy Brazilians. Ew."

Mario Yamasaki seemed to take his time stopping that fight. It looked like people rushed him after the fight telling him the same thing.

I think Fukuda won, but it was close enough. I'd like to see him take on some guys on the same level as Villasenor while working on his striking. He seems like he has a lot of potential. Also needs to learn how to properly implement a gameplan, as he could have used his superior grappling to win that fight.

Ricco is supposedly a svelte 255 lbs and fighting Rothwell this Thursday, on very short notice. This is the turning point in his career I think, as he's fighting a guy that can slug and defend takedowns well, which always seemed to be his problem in the past.

AKIHIRO GONO is rumoured to be fighting Tamdan McCrory at UFC 78. UFC is doing a good job bringing in fighters who aren't necessarily remarkable (Chonan, Gono), but are solid enough to put up a fight and so they can get a good gauge on their prospects as well as giving those prospects the right fights to help them develop as fighters.