TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

Yet another great misdirection in the Jim/Pam story, I was waiting for Pam to say right in the garage "this is too much...", I mean they'll have 3 kids and we'll still be saying "okay anytime now they're gonna break up, like every other couple on TV".

I actually think Jim dumps Pam. Jim has desired Pam for so long, so he has her on a pedestal. Pam however, has not had the same kind of build up for Jim, so I can see a situation where Jim dumps Pam, and Pam actively fights to get him back in a long build to a reunion.

Ryan really stole the entire episode, between the amazing "breakup" (that will last only until he gets back from Thailand, I imagine), him and Kelly encouraging Toby to punch Michael, and his scene with Pam where he unsuccessfully tried to get her to clean the microwave, he's really become one of my favorite characters out of nowhere.

That was some good stuff. Dwight was great and his perfect crime was really funny. I did find the whole thing with Toby a bit mean but at least Michael tried to back out of it. I got a kick out of the 911 pager thing - I had a REALLY dumb co-worker who pulled that shit on someone else at work about 4 years ago (pretty much for the exact same reason as Michael - he kept paging about stupid things so his calls were ignored). Ryan was also great as mentioned (noting he's not going to Thailand with people from a high school).

"Cool beans, I live down by the quarry. What do you say we hang out sometime and throw things in the quarry?"

"Just pretend we're talking until the cops leave"

Creed had the best lines of this, bar none.

A few good small things here:

-Mose hitting Andy in the head with the ball

-Andy stepping the manure in the kitchen

-'Urkel-Nomically correct'

-Burlington Coat Factory

I'm not sure how I feel about the Angela/Dwight marriage thingy. Seems a bit too out there for The Office.

When Andy finds out about the two of them that is going to be a hurricane of fury.

A few good small things here:

-Mose hitting Andy in the head with the ball

-Andy stepping the manure in the kitchen

-'Urkel-Nomically correct'

-Burlington Coat Factory

Plus Micheal pouring sugar into his diet WPOP.

I just saw in the paper that The Office is getting the post-Super Bowl slot this year (since the game is on NBC) and the episode features The Dunder-Mifflin Roast of Michael Scott.

Oh yes.