TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

Interesting theory brought up at another board: the reason the staff gained weight instead of losing it can be attributed to Angela being knocked up with Dwight's kid.

They do focus on Angela when Andy is flipping out trying to figure out who is gaining weight. That could've been from her earlier declaration that her doctor wanted her to gain weight, but the pregnancy angle isn't out of the question, either.

I know nothing about pregnancy but would a doctor encourage a woman to gain a few extra pounds because the fetus is more or less living off the mothers fat? Or am I thinking about hibernating bears?

I know nothing about pregnancy but would a doctor encourage a woman to gain a few extra pounds because the fetus is more or less living off the mothers fat? Or am I thinking about hibernating bears?

Women should gain somewhere between 20 and 30 pounds because that means she's intaking sufficient calories to allow the baby to grow in a healthy manner. Also mother's will need the extra calories to burn while the baby is nursing.

Good season opener. This actually felt like an extended episode instead of two back-to-episodes.

Dwight: "Wait a minute, one more bit of eclair each. Hold it in your mouth if you can't swallow."

Jim (to Michael): "Really? Nothing?"

Ryan: "I've even started volunteering. Giving back to the community."

Jim: "That's great. You're talking about your court ordered community service?"

Ryan: "I don't need a judge to tell me to keep my community clean."

Jim: "But he did, right?"

Jim: "When Michael told us Jan was pregnant, he led us to believe he was the father...by telling us that he was the father."

In all honesty, I thought Phyllis was going to quit after she called Wallace.

She really should have identified herself as "Phyllis Vance, Vance Refrigeration."

So I'm guessing this Jam engagement doesn't end up well and leads to one of them jumping over to the spinoff.

Jim has never really shown that much of a dickhead side to himself aside from abruptly dumping Amy Adams in season 2 when Roy proposed to Pam on the booze cruise so I think this will be the time we see that side of him come out.

Women should gain somewhere between 20 and 30 pounds because that means she's intaking sufficient calories to allow the baby to grow in a healthy manner. Also mother's will need the extra calories to burn while the baby is nursing.

Plus, that woman is a tiny little twig to begin with.

The copy machine wins

I'd say I liked this just a little bit more than Time theft/Battlestar Galactica.

What I'm really loving so far this season is that it feels like season 2 with the stories dealing with stuff that happens in the actual office. Last season was still good, but way too many outside activities.

What I'm really loving so far this season is that it feels like season 2 with the stories dealing with stuff that happens in the actual office. Last season was still good, but way too many outside activities.

It's already better than last season. The Michael-Holly stuff is my new favorite.

I missed the first few minutes- did Pam appear at all?

Not on screen, but she was on the phone with Jim for the first couple of minutes to break the news of their engagement to the rest of the office.

Hilarious episode last night though I got a spooky feeling at the end when the corporate HR rep scolded Holly for trying to enforce the ethics policies. As someone who has sat in on a meeting about an employee's questionable behavior and been told "it's not really hurting the company so we're going to ignore it", that was way too realistic.

This was really an outstanding episode.

A lot of humor but some really touching parts at the end. Great stuff. Just the little cut away shots of Michael being happy with the babies and all of the babies actually loving him too really said a lot.