TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

The first three episodes of the season were really disappointing to me, but I loved last night's episode. I haven't been much of a fan of the Holly/Michael storyline, but I have a feeling things will get interesting now that Dave Wallace is involved.

Were Ryan and Kelly both missing the whole episode? Maybe I just didn't notice them. Now that I think about it there might have been a quick non-speaking appearance from the side of Ryan's head when Jim was listening to Pam's message, but I didn't see either of them during the auction or anything.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. Ryan hiding, Stanley's expression at the "like the old days" comment - great moments. The biggest laugh I had was Dwight talking to Phyillis about his problems, then loudly announcing "I was talking to myself, not you!" when she speaks up.

Unrealted, what do you suppose the in-universe (and I almost said "kayfabe" but I know not everyone is down with that) explanation for no Dundies based episodes since 2005 is? I would assume the crew just didn't feel the need to produce something about the ceremony again. I know these seems like a rather random question but I've been marathoning DVDs. Time to put in Season 3, disc 1.

I did consider that, but Michael did ask Jim to host them in Branch Wars when the copier fell on him. Really though, another episode about them would be kind of a waste of time, both in-universe for the documentary crew and for the viewer.

Clips or references to annual ceremonies would be great, though.

I hope this Jim/Pam trouble is just a tease. I REALLLLY don't want them to break-up.

I think "I'm not that guy and we're not that couple" was a big 'ol nod to the "zomg jam's gonna break up" people.

If they do The Dundies every year, then technically, Pretzel Day and birthdays should also be done in every season too. It kind of irks me a little when we see something (outside of real holidays) that TV shows base an episode on as a yearly event, but never ever again mention it again. Might be just me, but it'd be great to just get a reference to it or something, but not another entire episode devoted it.

Jim and Pam have to break up at least once. Without an end date in site for the Office it's hard to really plan their story out. For the BBC version they only ran 2 seasons and did a special after that, if you know that then you can script it better.

They'll break up, and get back together. I could see the series ending with them broken up, but friends

I'm with everyone else who said it was a great episode. Andy had the line of the episode, I think..."You'll always be safe around me, I'm an excellent screamer." I lost it.

Looks like Holly's gonna get fired now.

Just seeing the commercial for next week's episode, Creed as the Joker for Halloween is going to be awesome.

I must agree. I could not be more 'bout it' for Creed as Ledger's Joker.

The episode in 2 weeks involves Michael going on an assignment to Canada with Andy and Oscar. I predict greatness.

You know how sometimes The Office does an hour-long episode, and then people are like, "Yeah, that was okay, but it didn't really need to be an hour." This is like the exact opposite of that.

That was a super quick 30 mins

The jim Bros storyline did fall flat for me though

I don't know whether it was due to the editing or the stories, but the whole thing did seem to go by pretty fast. The Michael/Holly story in particular came across as a bit rushed.

Yeah, that episode seemed to mash a bunch of stories together without giving each one that much time. This definitely would have been better as an hour-long. The deleted scenes for this one are going to be pretty long; I doubt they did that Halloween scene just for the cold opening.

"I'd take off the hat, but then I'm Hitler."

That was above an average episode of Office as you can get. Jim Bros/JAM moments fell flat due to awkwardness and it was obvious that they plan on extending Mike and Holly past this one so we didn't any definitive conclusion. The Dwight/Andy moments were fun but it felt kinda forced. Meh. Here's hoping they do more with future episodes.

Ryan as Gordon Gecko was great but Kelly thinking he worked for Geico was nice.

I enjoyed the episode while watching it and laughed quite a bit at the Dwight / Andy interactions, but to echo what most have said, I checked the time on my DVR at one point and was amazed 24 minutes had passed (meaning there was only a few minutes left before a commercial, then the short final scene) with things just quickly wrapping up. Overall, an enjoyable episode that probably could have benefitted from an hour (Halloween being the cold opening was a bit of a letdown considering the episode description sold Pam's costume faux pas as main story point).

I found it to be a "meh" episode.

I think since the cold opening had greatness written all over it and then that's all we got. I was a little bit disappointed.