TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

They turned it around well given how it started off, I figured they were dropping the break-up hints but instead it switched up and we realized how good Pam and Jim are for each other. I actually would've liked for them to hang up their phones and the episode end with them noticing "One Missed Call" or "One New Message", something like that.

I'm developing my own crush on Holly.

I adore her. The very best character to be introduced after the initial season, hands down. The chemistry with her and Michael has forced the Dwight/Anglea/Andy saga into the background, which is saying something, as it was last season's cliffhanger. Hell, it is even more interesting than Jim and Pam right now, which is really saying something.

The operative words being "Jim and Pam right now."

Agreed. Jim and Pam have to go on cruise control for a while until they either break up or get married. Still, they're doing a good job just being on cruise control. Call me a girl, but the whole voice mail scene was super cute.

Holly is a great character that just forces me to smile. I hadn't been aware of Amy Ryan until this show, but those eyes her's, the face of her's, makes it impossible not to want to find more of her work. The Michael/Holly story is just great in a totally didn't way.

Other than politcs, Everybody Loves Chris, and reruns of King of the Hill, this is the only show I watch on TV. And I love this show SO MUCH.

509.jpg

*YEAH*

I hadn't been aware of Amy Ryan until this show, but those eyes her's, the face of her's, makes it impossible not to want to find more of her work.

Check out Gone Baby Gone, which is like definitive proof of what an amazing actress Amy Ryan is; she can play really sweet, likable characters like Holly or Beadie Russell on The Wire (which you should also watch because everybody should watch The Wire), and then she can also play... well, what she played in Gone Baby Gone, which is like the ultimate nasty bitch. She seriously might be my favorite actress going today, she's so good at making all of her characters so distinctive and interesting.

Someone posted on her IMDB board that Amy Ryan signed up for the rest of the season, any info on that? I hope so.

I hadn't been aware of Amy Ryan until this show, but those eyes her's, the face of her's, makes it impossible not to want to find more of her work.

Check out Gone Baby Gone, which is like definitive proof of what an amazing actress Amy Ryan is; she can play really sweet, likable characters like Holly or Beadie Russell on The Wire (which you should also watch because everybody should watch The Wire), and then she can also play... well, what she played in Gone Baby Gone, which is like the ultimate nasty bitch. She seriously might be my favorite actress going today, she's so good at making all of her characters so distinctive and interesting.

In the words of a critic, Amy Ryan managed to make one of the least sympathetic figures in the movie much more sympathetic than the role had any right being.

Was the "Bid for a hug from Phyllis" scene the peak feel-good moment or what? It was a good gesture from Dwight to bid to a certain point, even though, in the end, he was a little cold in conceding to Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration.

I was kinda hoping for Roy and Jim to resolve things, but Roy was, unsurprisingly, standoffish.

I loved the big tease with Jim driving to New York and then turning around. "I'm not that guy, we're not that couple" was a great line. And the whole auction thing was awesome. This is one of the best episodes in a while.

This is one of the best episodes in a while.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought it was one of the most boring episodes in a long time. I didn't laugh out loud once, which is very unusual for this show.

Creed got off the best line of the night, talking about how nobody steals from Creed Bratton & gets away with it: "The last person who tried it? His name was *whispers* Creed Bratton."

Yeah, which is why I'm torn. Would the show be better if there were more Creed? Or is he best with little snipits here and there

"It squeaks when I bang it. That's what she said."

"She introduced me to so many things: pasteurized milk, sheets, monotheism...."

By far the best episode of the season, bar none.

Solid stuff. The Dwight/Phyillis moments were really sweet, Holly being very forthright about Michael getting laid was awesome and the Jim/Pam stuff worked too. Nice to see Roy again.

My two cents on Creed is to give him one or two lines an episode, although when he does get to shine in a larger role he's still awesome.

Creed got off the best line of the night, talking about how nobody steals from Creed Bratton & gets away with it: "The last person who tried it? His name was *whispers* Creed Bratton."

I missed the full implication of that the first time.

This show really requires multiple viewings to catch everything, though not as much as "Arrested Development" did.

By far the best episode of the season, bar none.

Bar none? Really? Out of every single episode this whole entire season it was the best one? But what about the third episode? Or the second one? Or the first? Idk man, it's really to hard to say that this was the best out of ALL FOUR episodes so far. :P

Anyways, I'm really surprised to hear all the talk about how great this episode was. Both of the people I talked to last night about it agreed with me that it was just boring and not an episode we were going to re-watch anytime soon. However I guess now I might have to watch it again to see what everyone thought was so great.

My girlfriend and I were also in the camp of "Best Office in a Long Time." I had to keep hitting pause because we were laughing too hard and missing the lines.

"In my opinion, the third date is traditionally the one where you have sex. Does Holly feel that way? I don't know, I will probably find out tonight. If she starts having sex with me, I'll know for sure."

Did everyone here think the cold opening was funny too? I thought it was one of the least funny ones ever. It's not that they had a really funny concept and it failed to be funny; it just seems like they didn't really try with this one.

EDIT: I also thought that the whole "I can't go out with you tonight, because I'm going out..with you" thing was stupid.

If you can't tell, I'm rewatching the episode as I type this.

EDIT: I also thought that the whole "I can't go out with you tonight, because I'm going out..with you" thing was stupid.

Well, I think it's safe to say that it was supposed to be stupid. Michael and Holly are both just complete dorks, so they thought it was funny.

Ohhh man, after Holly told Michael they are going to have sex, his face was fuckin classic. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Stanley had the moment of the episode just for his facial expression when Micheal suggested they auction off pepole like in the old days.

I usually like Dwight as a character to laugh at and I never really cared for Phyillis, but their characters grew up leaps in bounds in my eyes this season, esp. last night.