TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

The Office Season 5

NBC was always going to give it to The Office. This is old news. I believe they previously thought of giving the other half hour slot to Amy Poehler's new show, but I guess they decided to give Office a full hour.

NBC was always going to give it to The Office. This is old news. I believe they previously thought of giving the other half hour slot to Amy Poehler's new show, but I guess they decided to give Office a full hour.

Office II?

Well someone better tell wikipedia that.

"The series is scheduled to premiere after Super Bowl XLIII along with a new episode of The Office."

"Starring Aziz Ansari

Amy Poehler

Rashida Jones"

Well someone better tell wikipedia that.

"The series is scheduled to premiere after Super Bowl XLIII along with a new episode of The Office."

"Starring Aziz Ansari

Amy Poehler

Rashida Jones"

Wikipedia is wrong?????

Somebody call...

ThePolice.jpg

Well I assume enough people who are correct about things update it on a second to second to basis to catch things like that, ya know? What am I supposed to do, get my TV news from the Futon Critic? I can't read about the Atari Jaguar on that site.

I started coughing after a part of a bagel I was eating went down the wrong tube. I thought of Michael choking on that cake right away.

Hulu or NBC.com. Justin.tv has a couple of 24/7 Office channels with every season's episodes, including the most recent one. If I ever need background noise, I click on one and listen to whatever episode it on. It's one of those shows I can watch forever.

poor Andy

poor Andy

To think, two years ago, he was hated.

Pretty underwhelming as far as Christmas episodes go- seemed really heavy on the Dwight talking heads. Toby buying the black doll was the highlight.

"Fa la la la la la ka-ching."

I didn't care much for the whole intervention subplot though. I did like Michael throwing the pen at Toby's head just because.

I echo the underwhelming sentiments. Minimum Pam and Jim. Too much Phillis and Meredith stuff. Barely any Creed. Angela and Dwight being outed that way, even though it was obvious people knew felt off.

Dwight stuff was funny as was Toby and the doll trying to piss off his ex.

Underwhelming, maybe, but I enjoyed a little break from the Jim and Pam stuff. Toby's become my favorite character, I enjoy any episode that gives a little glimpse into his life. I hope they follow up with the black unicorn princess situation. I enjoyed the Morman alcoholic checklist. The little jokes continue to make the series for me.

This episode had me crying of laughter. The intervention thing wasn't funny per se, but it was nice seeing Michael try do the right thing in his own Michael way

I had a hearty laugh at the Dwight talking head about the Schrute way of taking care of things. I don't even remember what they were, but the fact he held a fist, then counted 5 items but actually ended with punching was gold. The "Are you an Alcoholic" checklist ending with the Mormon church question was great too, and Toby / Darryl's interaction was priceless. "It's... even better than what I wanted". Creed casually throwing out he would have a city permit in an hour (and piquing Dwight's interest) was the classic "Creed says one thing, and it's funny" moment. Plus the bong.

I thought the episode was horribly unfunny. I laughed at, maybe, two things (the laundry list of drinks in Michael's concoction and the black Princess Unicorn bit), and watched in sheer boredom for the rest of the time. Phyllis' maliciousness just made me dislike her, Meredith continues to be my least favorite character, and the Jim/Pam "I knew it/No you didn't/It's Christmas/Ok. You knew it" thing was just overly cute. It's like the writers think the average viewer DOESN'T think JAM are cute, so they're saying "HEY! LOOK!! AWWWW!!! AWWWWWWW!! HOW CUTE!!! CUUUUUUTE!!" The show has gone WAAAAAAAY downhill since the writers strike, in my opinion.

Does anyone know (Bob, I'm assuming you do) if the show got new writers, or is it the same troupe?

Plus the bong.

'Twas a HOOKAH, my friend.

I had a hearty laugh at the Dwight talking head about the Schrute way of taking care of things. I don't even remember what they were, but the fact he held a fist, then counted 5 items but actually ended with punching was gold. The "Are you an Alcoholic" checklist ending with the Mormon church question was great too, and Toby / Darryl's interaction was priceless. "It's... even better than what I wanted". Creed casually throwing out he would have a city permit in an hour (and piquing Dwight's interest) was the classic "Creed says one thing, and it's funny" moment. Plus the bong.

It was a hookah.

EDIT: Didn't see the good doctor's post.