TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Annoying tv characters

lisa-simpson-heart-lg.jpg

Oh, don't act like she never annoyed you.

I'll join in on the Mohinder from Heroes hate. Ever since the start of this season, his whole attitude has somehow become MORE annoying.

Also from Heroes...Micah. The little kid that can talk to computers and shit. That little shit made me turn the channel, and EVERY time he used his power, whoever he was with was just SOOOOO dumbfounded by it and in disbelief.

And Meredith from The Office. She didn't bug me before, but now she bugs me every time I see her.

Lisa-focused episodes on the whole are generally kind of lousy but I wouldn't say her character is actively annoying.

Take it back. Last Exit to Springfield is a gem.

Claire Huxtable is a horrible person.

I hate that smug look she keeps on her face, that she's always is right about everything. Cliff eats too much. Rudy shouldn't wear that. Vanessa shouldn't see him. She's always getting on somebody.

Someone in the house was wrong? Made a mistake? Oh, it can't be Claire. She's perfect, but still managed to raise some of the stupidest kids in the world. I guess omnipotence isn't the best example to use in raising people, after all.

You sanctimonious twit. I hate you, Claire.

Dewey and the mother from Malcom in the Middle.

Agreed, more so for Jane Kaczmarek's character, just plain infuriating sometimes.

Oh, don't act like she never annoyed you.

Lisa-focused episodes on the whole are generally kind of lousy but I wouldn't say her character is actively annoying.

By now all the characters have annoyed me. Homer was the worst though before they thankfully scaled back his retardation.

See, I don't get why people hated Mohinder. I never really hated him, up until this season. Cockroach Monhinder though... yeah... he's annoying.

Because he had principles and ethics, you see, and he'd never, EVER work for the bad guys. Unless they funded him and gave him the tools to continue his father's research. And in actuality, Spider-Mohinder is better than old Mohinder since they've made him more of a cold-blooded guy and thus, the wooden acting now works.

Take it back. Last Exit to Springfield is a gem.

Yeah...thinking about it she does have a couple of good ones. Maybe I should have said episodes focused on her are weaker in comparison to ones focused on other characters.And I've never really thought of "Last Exit to Springfield" as a Lisa episode. Always thought it was more of a Homer and Burns episode.

Really as I said in The Simpsons Draft thread, the only characters that have really annoyed me on the show (outside of maybe a few guest shots during the later years) are Lindsay Naegle and Helen Lovejoy.

Every character from ER after Noah Wyle left aside from Scott Grimes' Archie Morris.

Everyone on Family Guy after they brought it back.

Claire, Peter and Nathan Petreilli, and any character related to Ali Larter's from Heroes.

Danni from The Shield.

Peggy Hill in general and Bobby Hill from when he and Connie broke up til now.

Gemma from Sons of Anarchy

I attribute her horribleness to the character being miscast. Peggy Bundy is such an over-actor. Her sinisterness and smugness make her seem more like a caricature than a character. Also, I fail to understand WHY the club running guns and all their illegal earnings are so important to her. Why would it be so horrible if Jacks were to change the focus of the club and lead them on the straight and narrow? Her motivation is completely lacking in explanation. :unsure:

I thought Czech was just making an Annyong / Annoying wordplay joke. I appreciated it.

Is it fair to call Peggy Hill an annoying in the sense that the question is being asked? That would be the equivalent of a thread being started to discuss television characters who worked as bartenders and we all answered Woody or Sam Malone. That's the way the character is intentionally written (I believe there was a whole episode about how Peggy annoyed everyone on some church outing).

That said, she is very annoying.

Baby Dinosaur from Dinosaurs. Were we actually supposed to think he was cute and loveable?

When the show first came out, I think we were. It was a fun show, but I don't know how well it has aged and now he's on the list of being annoying.

Fez and Jackie from That 70's Show. Man alive did the annoy the fuck out of me. It says a lot when Kelso isn't the worst character.

And I really don't get the love for Stewie from Family Guy. What's so funny about him?

I liked Jackie (and like much of the point with her was that she was annoying anyway), but Jesus did Fez's schtick ever get old.

Yeah, as he got older, Fez went from "funny horny kid" to "future registered sex offender"

It didn't help that Wilmer Valderama after a certain point couldn't even do the accent anymore. I remember watching the series finale after thankfully missing the vast majority of season eight and being amazed at how incredibly hoarse he sounded.