TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

ECW - March 3, 2009

From PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

*Kofi Kingston defeated William Regal in a good match.

ECW:

*Kane defeated Boogeyman after a chokeslam.

*Mark Henry defeated Santino Marella to quality for the Money in the Bank.

*Natalya (with Tyson Kidd) defeated Alicia Fox (with DJ Gabriel). After the match, Tyson tried to attack Gabriel but was tossed over the top rope to the floor.

*ECW champ Jack Swagger & WWE Tag Team champions John Morrison & The Miz defeated Christian & Tommy Dreamer & Finlay when Swagger pinned Christian. Really good six man.

*Mark Henry defeated Santino Marella to quality for the Money in the Bank.

Awesome

FFA

Henry in the Bank? I like it.

Explain. He's not very agile, and is going to stick out like a sore thumb. He's a terrible choice for a spotfest.

He doesn't need to climb the ladder at all. Use him for 'power' spots like pushing over/lifting ladders. Plus, he can be the World's Strongest Crash Pad and take all the lighter guys' highspots.

I dont get the point of having BOTH Kane and Henry in there.......one or the other, sure, but not both. Kind of baffled on that move, unless they are planning on having something crazy like ten guys in MITB this year.

On a positive note, at least Kane, nor Henry, will be thrown into an ECW title match at Mania with Swagger and it's looking more and more like they will just do another match with Swagger/Christian for the belt at the ppv.

I dont get the point of having BOTH Kane and Henry in there.......one or the other, sure, but not both. Kind of baffled on that move, unless they are planning on having something crazy like ten guys in MITB this year.

I'm pretty sure they said 8 people will be in MITB.

If the guy is ready to go in time, Evan Bourne almost has to be in the match. I wouldn't mind seeing Shelton find his way into the match, just for his obligatory "run up the ladder" spot that he always finds a way to work in. Though now, it seems like we may be seeing Shelton vs MVP for the US belt. I just looked it up on Wiki, and Christ, Shelton has held that title for a long time. Still a little more than 100 days short of MVP's sick reign from 07-08 but still impressive.

Shelton - 226+ days

MVP - 343 days!

Benjamin hasn't even won a single match this year. I wonder if he's even got 10 total wins since getting the belt.

Edit: but he still NEEDS to be in MITB.