TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

When did you start disliking HHH?

Guest Redhawk

When I started re-watching wrestling in 1998 (I'd staopped in between around WM8 and WM14), Triple H was one of my favorite wrestlers.

For a time in 2000, he was my favorite, which peaked during the Angle-Stephanie-HHH love triangle feud.

In 2001, post-WM 17, he was still up there among my favorites when he was teaming with Steve Austin.

In Jan. 2002, I remember being excited for his comeback after the quad tear.

And now, Triple H annoys me more than anyone on the roster not aside from the McMahons, Z. Gowen, or Big Show.

Thing is, I don't remember how or when it happened. Sometime in between Jan. 2002 and Wrestlemania 18, HHH did become kind of stale to me, but I didn't have any bad feelings toward him like I do now. His character was just bland. Now his character, and the man behind the character (as much as I know about the man, at least) is irritating.

I know a lot of smarks loved HHH not too long ago? When was the turning point?

For marks, it would be July 22, 2002, hell maybe even before that.

For many smarks, it would be the night he got romantically involved with Stephanie.

For me, it would be September 2, 2002.

Guest Max Peter David

All his wrestling ability diminished when he tore his quad.

I'd say, around the time when Kurt Angle couldn't even get a half decent match out of him in early '02.

For me, it was a little over a year ago around the time he jumped from SD to Raw. I didn't mind his feud with HBK so much, but his selfishness in not putting over RVD around this time last year was the turning point for me. While I am not a big fanboy of RVD's work, I do realize the potential he has for getting a crowd behind him and the way he, along with Kane and Booker were buried was just wrong. I will admit to liking him starting from his heel turn at WM 15 all the way up until the time I just mentioned about a year ago.

July 22, 2002. Not because he turned heel. But because in turning heel, he wasted 35 minutes of the PPV the night before to hype his signing for Raw, only to turn on the guy who talked him into signing with Raw in the first place. I felt robbed of my $35 bucks since at least two more matches could have made that show instead, and you don't fuck with JHawk's wallet!

Guest Choken One

I can't remember dates but It would be when he clearly showed that he wasn't the same guy he was before The Quad Tear. (WMX8 would be the night, It had been three months and he had a class wrestler in that ring with him on that big of a stage, no excuses for not putting a good match on and since his return at the rumble of 02, He has only put on maybe 2 good/memorable matches, The Flair Match and The HBK Match)

If he were still the man he was in 2000, he could at least justify his political mastery...

I don't care that he is marrying into the family...or that he plays political games...

I dislike the guy for forgetting what MADE him the star he was in 2000...

I could deal with his bullshit till he got hurt...cause the matches were good and he was over huge.

When he came back the matches just weren't as good, his heel turn was predictable, and he lost most of his overness durring the turn and hasn't gotten it back. But they're still pushing him like he's 2000 over.

Guest hhheld_down

Judgement Day 2002.... when HHH would not job to Jericho inside the HIAC... that the thing that made me starting hhhating him more than anyone in WWE right now... i mean when he first returned and his matches were not that good.. i thought well its ring rust... but after a few months (by backlash) I realised he came back too soon and he sucks... that match with hogan at backlash was absolutely horrid although I was expecting something good...face Jericho was and is one of the many opponents crips should of put over but didnt...

I don't really hate the guy as much as I laugh at his "look at me! Don't look at him!!" presence.

I started to really get annoyed with him right after WM, when he showed that he sucked ass and couldn't move if his life depended on it.

Guest Choken One

Hopefully, Time off and Hollywood will allow Hunter to fully recover from his Multiple injuries and bring down some of that weight,

For a World Class "Body Builder" shouldn't he know that putting all that upper weight isn't good for him with his Quad tearage and multiple Groin/Leg injuries...

That's why he can't move anymore, too much pressure on those legs...

Guest Choken One

I could see HHH doing the Dancing Cow...as opposed to fucking the cow...

Around Wrestlemania 18 when he beat Jericho.

I knew it was gonna happen anyways. But THEN, he went and beat Jericho in the HIAC again, that's when he really started to become invencible...

i'll say, i started hating him from the 2nd quarter of 2002 'till today

The day he came back from his quad injury. Seriously. He came back with that awful looking jean jacket and it finally hit me. Why do I like this guy? He was so bloated looking and not believable as a face. Plus I hated going into the Rumble knowing who was going to win so obviously.

EDIT: I forgot that he started wearing that jean jacket before the quad injury.

Technically I'd say that was the beginning of my hate. It was basically the build up to WrestleMania X8 with Jericho looking like a fool.

Guest ToddRoyal

As soon as he stepped in the ring post-quad. Before it, I could put aside all the politics and backstage crap because he was consistently delivering good-awesome matches. Since the injury I've enjoyed maybe 1-2 HHH matches.

The quad injury was horrible because it gave him too much time to work on building his muscle mass. He wants to be a bodybuilder and a wrestler at the same time and it ruins his matches.

I didn't care for him when he returned, but I didn't start actively hating him until May when he beat Jericho in the HiaC. Suddenly somethig seemed very, very wrong.

Guest Choken One
Since when are we Puro geeks? What's with the sudden Dates and shit...

That was schnazzy...

I had to sig that!

I'm touched and honored...

but what was so sigworthy about that?

Not that I'm complaining or nothing...

Guest The Decadent Slacker

When he came back. I loved the guy from '97 (the first time Foley made him) to then. Hell the fucker is directly responsible for me buying that damn U2 album with "Beautiful Day". I could tolorate him winning the Rumble, since everyone knew he would. As soon as he had that disapointing match with Angle, it was all downhill.

Worst part of it is, he lost ALL his charisma in the time since then. I mean he used to be funny, & entertaining, now it's just pathetic. If he could still talk, I'd hate him less.

I still like him for the entrance and the fact he pisses you people off more than the fact that Mark Henry has still got a job.

I would much rather HHH hold the title for another 6 months and squash RVD on every TV show in those 6 months just to have Mark Henry off my TV FOREVER.

Guest Fook

When he beat Jericho, soundly I might add, for the IC title a month or so before the quad tear.

There was no reason for that belt to be taken off Jericho and given to him other than he wanted to go over Jericho. He was far above the IC title and didn't need it at all to get over.