TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

How was your year?

I was just wondering how peoples years have been, for me its been a wonderful strange trip, new friends, new house, new job, new area of the country, I took a big risk and it paid off, and I'm really enjoying life at the minute, Im looking for 2004 to not have so many big events lol, so how was yours?

Guest JacK

My year was great, I finished High School, with a 98.15 UAI; while going to a whole lotta parties and stuff.

On the other side, it was terrible, since I'm no longer straight edge, having a whole lotta other dilemma's which we won't go into here, m'kay; and I've got 10 days to choose between two Uni's; and I have no idea what I'm gunna do, move and do the course I wanna do, or stay here and do a course I also wanna do.

What was the big risk? Moving?

Guest Bottled Black

Lets see other than thinking I was gonna lose my job, I think it went pretty well. But then I found out I'll have a job through next year, and I'll get a pretty awesome package once I do lose my job, I guess all the months of worrying kind of balanced out. All in all it was a pretty good year.

Guest Jimbo

First half: yeesh, never want to repeat that time ever in my life. Twas stressfull, to the max!

Second Half: wasn't oo bad, some things coulda been better, but I can't say I'm

displeased.

Overall, it went too freakin' fast, I'm hardly in the Christmas 'mode' and now I realize it's only 2 days away!

Rollercoaster.

Best Moments: Holiday in Amsterdam & Seeing Metallica Live on my Birthday!!!!! & Getting tickets to Wrestlemania XX!!!!!!!!!!

Worst Moments: Anything to do with Women & India losing in the Cricket World Cup Final.

Overall Score out of ten: 8.5

This was the first year out of the last 7 that I didn't nearly die at least once. Defying logic I still have my right leg. Defying logic, my scuzzy grindblack metal band still exists. And, I get to look forward to 3 possible(2 for sure) new heavy metal projects coming my way. And up to this minute, I am loving this breakfast tylenol blast. And it's loving me right back.

Guest stardust

Not too bad overall, except for a few low points. The last three months, however, have probably been the best three months I can ever remember having. And next year is looking to be a big year for me with lots of big changes going on. I'm really looking forward to those changes.

My year was pretty good. I left Chicago to come back to the Ohio Valley and attend college (after a 41/2 year break from school). I got a decent job that I enjoy and am good at. I've spent alot of time with family that I haven't seen in quite some time.

I also finally got to see Flogging Molly play live, which made my year.

The only low point was me being stupid and choosing Music Ed as a major at school, which was no fun, so I switched.

Overall, I give my year ****1/2

1st half was the suckage

2nd half has been downright great though(No gal pal yet but I'm honestly waiting till college. The high school girls here are beyond immature). New car, got into my college of choice and my grades are great. Couldn't be happier so I'll give the year a ****(The 2nd half easily carrying the 1st half)

Pretty damn good...

The first half was slow, but I finished strong.

I went to my first ever DMB concert in July. It absolutely rocked my fucking socks off. I haven't had that kind of adrenaline rush in a while.

I've gotten to watch the best college football team in the nation, live.

My first nephew, Jack, was born in August. My niece, Caitlin, was born yesterday. Unbelievably sweet.

Lastly, I've developed a very strong bond with my friend, Genee, that hopefully will turn into romance in early 2004.

All in all, pretty badass.

From January to July, the year sucked ass. I didn't feel motivated to do anything, I hated school, and wasn't a big fan of life in general. Got better in the summmer, and I had fun just hanging out with friends and had a pretty alright summer swimming-wise. From September to now, it's been stressful, but great. I'm so busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. School isn't great, but I have a couple of good classes, and I had a ton of fun in volleyball this year. We didn't do so great as a team, but I had a great personal season. Swimming's going pretty good, and I'm starting to get back in the full-year swim program. I guess it's better to end on a good note than start good, and end up bad, right?

Let's see:

January: It was alright. Not that good, but not horrible. January is a total blur to me since everyday was exactly the same. On the bright side, I started to see Even Stevens every day and thus began my year long crush on Christy Carlson Romano. I also was still recording episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on the Sci-Fi Channel that I had been doing since August 2002 and saw some really great episodes like Space Mutiny and Boogey Creek II: And The Ledgend Continues. I also started seeing Penn & Tellers: Bullshit! every Friday on Showtime which was good. Other than that, everyday was spent on the internet since I have been home-schooled this whole year. The only bright spots were watching Even Stevens, Recording Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes on the Sci-Fi Channel, the Royal Rumble, and SmackDown!

February: Things looked up a bit at the beginning, since The Rock came back to the WWE and delievered his AWESOME Toronto promo and made RAW and SmackDown awesome so that was good. I read some great articles at X-Entertainment.Com and saw some good Saturday Night Live episodes. I continued recording Mystery Science Theater 3000 on The Sci-Fi Channel and saw some more awesome episodes like Devil Fish and Future War. Continue watching Even Stevens and I did everything I could to NOT do work in my home school since home schooling sucks. I chatted alot with my friend who lived in Miami which was awesome. I spent alot more time on the internet then on the books since I REALLY hated doing home school. I also saw that Living With Michael Jackson special which was interesting and led to some pretty good jokes on the late night talk shows. This was the best month of the entire year.

March-April: Things start going downhill here. The Rock leaves the WWE and RAW and SmackDown become bland and boring once again. Home schooling continues to blow and it looks like it would never end. I end up recording all the episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 shown that are left on The Sci-Fi Channel which bites. X-Entertainment articles aren't that good and I spend all day on TSM since there's nothing better to do. But the worst was all the personal crap I went through during these two months. It was just God-Awful and I hated every minute of it. Just a total diaster that I never want to live through again. Just wretched. I did get to participate in an anti-war rally which was interesting.

May-June: Both months are a blur to me. Both months were boring aside from writing for the OaOasT. The wrestling on both RAW and SmackDown! sucked badly. X-Entertainment articles got better and my personal promblems subsided for a bit which was great. I honestly don't remember that much from those two months since they were pretty boring overall aside from several high points. On the bright side, I had fun writing for the OaOasT. Started watching IMX and the beautiful Marianela. Also brought the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Season 7 package and got to see some more awesome episodes such as Night of the Blood Beast, The Brute Man, and The Incredible Melting Man. I also saw Do The Right Thing for the first time and loved it, and I spent Memorial Day in Atlantic City but it was so boring. I also got to see Roger Clemens win his 300th Game which ruled.

July: Pretty boring. I did absolutely nothing that month other than spend July 4th at my grandmothers which was good. My mom and I went on vacation to Orlando, Florida for the third straight year, which was fun, but not as fun as my vacation in 2002. I think it was because I had such high expectations coming from the awesome vacation I had in 2002, that this vacation seemed as a letdown to me. I spent a week in Orlando and had fun, but I felt I could have more fun and didn't. I actually had more fun killing time before the vacation than I did actually on the vacation. The girls were REALLY beautiful in Florida though. And the fact that they wore very little was great too!

August-Septmeber: Both months sucked and are a blur to me too. Got my computer fixed finally which was good since it had been acting up since April 2002. The only fun thing that happened in August was me and my parents going to Six Flags in New Jersey on Labor Day Weekend. The blackout in New York sucked and sucked hard. The wrestling sucked also. The only good that came out of these 2 months were seeing my aunt in August, watching Boys and Girls on The N, and reading some great X-Entertainement articles. Aside from that, every day was the same damn thing. It got pretty damn tiring to do the same exact thing. I had nothing to do 99% of the time and it was SO boring. I remember yearning for something interesting to happen at all. Other than watching IMX and writing for the OaOasT, I was bored to tears most of the time. Joe Schmoe was interesting though. Best part of September was going to the SmackDown! House Show at Madison Square Garden and seeing John Cena do a hilarious rap about New York City.

October: 2nd best month of the year. The Yankees were in the Playoffs and the entire playoffs were awesome. I didn't get to see Game 7 of the ALCS but I did mark out when I heard the Yankees won. Best ALCS I ever seen. The World Series was pretty boring compare to that, and the Yankees losing to the F'N MARLINS didn't was awful. I continued writing for the OaOasT, but other than that it was the same old, same old, and that sucked. Boring pretty much sums up October with the only good things being the Yankees in the playoffs, me buying Mystery Science Theater 3000 Season 3 and enjoying more great episodes such as Mr. B Natural, Time of the Apes, and Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, Gamera vs. Zigra, and Gamera. Watching IMX with Marianela and writing for the OaOasT. Got into the O.C. at this time also.

November-December: Same as usual. I did start seeing Family Guy which rocked. Awesome show. I didn't think the wrestling sucked, but I didn't think it was awesome either. Just decent. Played SmackDown!: Here Comes The Pain which ruled. Best part of November was going to the Museum of Television and Radio in Manhattan and seeing Mystery Science Theater 3000. Damn right it should be in the Museum of Television and Radio!Continued writing for the OaOasT and liked the shows. Continued watching IMX with Marianela and Even Stevens with Christy Romano. Great X-Entertainment articles with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade articles. Got my computer fixed for the second time this year. Can't think of anything interesting. Played with my cat? I continued doing the damn home schooling and continued hating it. Home schooling is overrated.

So, that was my entire year. I can't believe how fast it went by. I still remember January as if it was yesterday.

Bright Spots: The Rock on RAW and SmackDown! The Yankees in the Playoffs. Vacation in Florida. Seeing my relatives in August and December. Recording and buying Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes. Talking to my best friend. Thinking about Christy Romano and seeing the Even Stevens Movie and Even Stevens. Some great TSM threads. Some pretty funny X-Entertainment Articles. Going to Six Flags on Labor Day. Seeing Do The Right Thing for the first time. Watching Penn & Teller: Bullshit and Chappelle's Show. Recording some pretty funny comedy specials. Hearing some good music. Going to the Circus with my 5 year old cousin. Writing for the OaOasT. Going to the Museum of Television and Radio and seeing Mystery Science Theater 3000 included there. Playing some good games like SmackDown!: Here Comes The Pain. Rediscovering Kids In The Hall and Public Enemy and Audioslave. And PE's new album. Seeing some really hot girls in Orlando, Florida and New York. Recording Family Guy and Kids In The Hall. Going to the anti-war rally. Watching South Park. Some good wrestling. Seeing the Michael Jackson specials. Some funny Saturday Night Live. The dinner I had with my family during Game 3 of the ALCS. Some good ppvs I order this year. Oogling the girls on Degrassi and Girls & Boys. Going on any MST3K related websites. Seeing Invasion of the Neptune Men numerous times. Going to the SmackDown! House Show at Madison Square Garden. Thanksgiving.

Dark Spots: Anything else that wasn't mentioned.

Overall, this year ranged from Good, to sucky, to just plain bland. 2003 wasn't one of my favorite years, even though I did have some really great bright spots. Alot of small bright spots and some big ones. It is way, WAY better than the awfulness that was 2002, but it did not touch the greatness of 1998-1999. Not by a long shot. Hopefully, 2004 looks to be extremely better, unless God hates me and wants me to be miserable for my entire life. Hopefully, the wrestling will finally get better and the Olympics will happen in August in Greece, so I have that to look forward to. I also learned that home school fucking sucks and is overrated.

In star ratings:

January: **1/2

February: ***

March: **

April: 1/4*

May: *

June: *1/2

July: **(One more star for my vacation)

August: **

September: DUD

October: **1/4

November: **

December: **1/2

2003: **1/2

Here's hoping 2004 is WAY better.

Edited by The #1 MST3K Mark

Not bad. Spectacularly bad on the girl front, since the only extended relationship I had ended in March after a month or so when the girl cheated on me.

However, I also got a 99th-percentile score on the LSAT, got invited to my first academic conference and am getting accepted to law schools with at least one full scholarship on the table.

Oh, and this August I met a side of the family that lives in California, which was wonderful. I have a great extended family - who knew?

Guest hhheld_down

my year was relatively great. Heres how i knock my year down in pros and cons.

Pros

- Got a new (ok it was used but hey i didnt pay for it) for graduation. (ZX2 Ford 98) Good for the price.

- Graduated high school. (what a nightmare those four years were)

- Cousin moved out of my house finally. (total bitch, glad she is gone)

- Fell in love again (great feeling)

- Lost virginity (hell yeah!)

- in really good standings with my job

- went to conneticut for vacation

- got closer with my dad

Cons

- Lost the girl I loved. (damnit)

- started smoking and cant quit now

- had this feeling of worthlessness and wanted to change myself for others for awhile

- almost stopped talkin to my mom and moved out after a huge fight

Overall the pros outweigh the cons by a lot. In star ratings: ****1/3. Id say 8.7 out of 10. Great year, hoping next year will be even better.

The year started off badly for me and continued that way past the half way mark. But things have managed to turn out well here towards the end as I prepare to become a father for the first time.

Happy holidays everyone.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That kid's going to weigh 15 pounds. Your girl will want to kill you.

My year was purely mediocre. Working class decadence the whole year, a few good shows, and a handful of craps I'd rather forget.

My year was fairly decent much like 2002. Not a spectacular year, but not a piece of shit one either. I did some dumb shit in the first 1/3rd of the year but redeemed myself later. Saw some good concerts, went to Florida and Quebec City. Saw the Red Sox once( Losing to the A's after fucking BK Kim blew a save) and the Celtics twice (Once getting totally blown out by the Pistons and last Wednesday's upset of the Mavericks). On a scale of DUD to *****, I'd give it **1/2, as SK would say a perfectly acceptable year.