TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread - 7/26/04 - 60 Minute Iron Man

Guest Fook

They'll have commercials for sure.

I just hope they plan it out this time so there aren't any falls during the breaks like Brock/Angle.

They will probably work off the Judgment Day Iron Man Match finish by having Eugene run in and beat Triple H, followed by William Regal, then Flair will come to take care of Eugene. But the Hurricane will run down and stop Flair. Then we'll hear immediately following the match we will have Hurricana nd Flair wrestle. But Flair won't be ready so he has to wrestle in his Florida Gators underwear. HAHAHA.

Guest ManKinnd

Doesn't the fact that it starts the show guarantee controversy like Jericho's phantom title reign over HHH?

Are you suggesting that Hunter could win the title in the first hour....only to have beniot win it back in the second hour??

As a member of the crowd....that would probably cause me to mark out hard core and make me scream my ass off untill the end of the show.

But I really don't see it going that way

Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

My prediction: Eugene interference at the and something related to Randy Orton (maybe a beatdown and a RKO causing Benoit to lose one of his falls.)

Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

My prediction: Eugene interference at the and something related to Randy Orton (maybe a beatdown and a RKO causing Benoit to lose one of his falls.)

Are you suggesting that Hunter could win the title in the first hour....only to have beniot win it back in the second hour??

As a member of the crowd....that would probably cause me to mark out hard core and make me scream my ass off untill the end of the show.

But I really don't see it going that way

I actually REALLY like this idea. The idea of Hunter having a "phantom" title reign by winning the title at the 10:00 spot, and then having a re-match as the 2nd houir main event, I'd be all for that.

Me too. Just for the fact it is pretty hard for me to get into shows when I see them live....But I sure as fuck would if that happen.

But like I said....dont really see them pulling that one on us....Still I like the idea

I'll bet good money that Benoit is the first one pinned, just so HHH can say next week "if it was a normal match I'd have won."

They shouldn't be able to vacate the title on a tie considering that in the event of a tie, the belt remains with the champ. That was a finish in HHH/HBK around the end of last year or start of this year.

Guest Coffey

Well, I hope Chris Benoit brings change for a dollar tonight, because he's going to play the game. Actually, I think Triple H will have the lead, or it'll be tied, up until the very last minute where Eugene costs Triple H the title. Triple H loses and goes on to Summerslam to face Eugene. Benoit keeps the title and goes on to Summerslam as the champion. Then they can use the second hour to show Randy Orton doing something to get his shot at Benoit.

Guest bigm350

I'm looking forward to a really good match. It should hit **** but it might not live up to the hype and hit *** at the most.

Well, Triple and Benoit might have had Flair and HBK give them pointers which can't hurt. Hell, maybe even Hart gave some words to Benoit for all we know.

Guest wrestlingbs

Vince comes out to start the show, announces Eugene as the special guest ref. Straight forward match with Evo coming in only to be held back by Eugene. Benoit wins in a mega-falls finish, but HHH is pissed at Eugene for making the call.

Here's a finish idea:

First it's established that there must be a winner and we'll have OT if necessary. You could have Hunter down 5-4 or 4-3, then let HHH pick up a fall with the pedigree with about 40 seconds to go. While HHH is gloating, have Benoit get a quick roll up with about 5 seconds left for the win.

Unfortunately, we'll most likely get an overbooked clusterfuck.

Rollup doesn't establish anything. Benoit looks like a fluke, Triple H like an idiot. Someone needs to go over clean to settle it.

Guest tangerine

I really hope Triple H and Benoit raided the vault and looked at the Steamboat/Rude 30 minute Ironman because I believe that style would work best for those two.

I think they should have a 4 way elimination match to determine who is the #1 contender

Jericho-Kane-Edge-Orton. Here Orton can get the title shot rightfully and finally go over edge clean.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Rollup doesn't establish anything. Benoit looks like a fluke, Triple H like an idiot. Someone needs to go over clean to settle it.

I agree completely. They already did a roll up finish at Vengeance. It's time to take it to the next level.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I really hope Triple H and Benoit raided the vault and looked at the Steamboat/Rude 30 minute Ironman because I believe that style would work best for those two.

I think they should have a 4 way elimination match to determine who is the #1 contender

Jericho-Kane-Edge-Orton. Here Orton can get the title shot rightfully and finally go over edge clean.

HHH has already had an Iron Man match that topped Steamboat/Rude.

Rock/HHH redefined what an Iron Man COULD be.

I'd like it to be tied, maybe 3-3 or something. At the end, both mean are just beat up, bleeding, and they are both out. The double count is going, and right before they hit ten Benoit raises up. He looks around, bleeding and seemingly out of his mind. He goes to HHH as if he's going for a pin, but instead he looks up after looking down at HHH, and does the "cut the throat" thing very intensely. He climbs the turnbuckly, leaps off, and lands one of the greatest diving headbuts ever. HHH is barely moving, HHH is barely moving, but he gets over, gets on top of HHH, and actually pins him in the middle of the ring.

But then again, it's just my dream here.

I guess it will always be what the fans want as opposed to what HHH wants. That consistency will make or break the match. :mellow:

Guest tangerine

I agree completely. They already did a roll up finish at Vengeance. It's time to take it to the next level.

Sunset flip?