TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Well I missed the last few episodes but I guess its safe to assume after this one that we still dont know what that monster thing is right?

1. Locke vs. Jack! Tell me they are not setting this up! TELL ME THEY ARE NOT SETTING THIS UP! TELL ME THAT THEY ARE SETTING THIS UP!!!!!!!!! The conversation between the two was so fucking great. Like two opposing generals meeting on the battlefield, not talking about the war... but really... talking about the war. Jack sees that Locke is getting his followers, building his army - "We will need him on our side" SHIT! This is so good.

2. "PEE ON IT!" $%^&*()!!!! Hurley and Jin are THE TEAM!

3. What sucks is that at no point did I believe that that was Shannon. Her dying, while fucking cool, had nothing on it. The Beast pulling up shit was awesome, though.

4. The look on Lockes face when Boone is telling him the story is priceless. His eagerness to find out what the Island showed him is wonderful.

5. "I felt relieved" "Yes, Time to let go" "Follow me" HOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT.

gotta love the way they slipped Sawyer into the episode during the flashback, heh

I missed that.

What did they do?

Great episode.

1. Hurley was once again GOLD especailly with Jin "Ya gotta Pee on it" and pokes at his crotch. It had me rolling on the floor.

2. Kate finds out that Sun speaks English, but does she know that Sun knows that Kate is a fugitive now? Hmm...

3. Boone is the shit, probably my favorite character. There is just something about him that I like, maybe it is because he is the character that is closest to my age. He's becoming a Locke in training.

4. The way they ended the episode is kind of cheesy with the whole "Shannon wasn't dead thing." I think they are trying to hard to come up with the twist every week. They don't need to do that or they will find themselves in M. Night land soon.

5. I have NO clue what is in that hatch that Locke and Boone are trying to get into. It is probably something huge or it could be something not at all. I'm going with the former.

6. Who is going to die first? My bet is that it's Michael after he tries to save Walt next week from the EVIL!~! Polar Bear. Then Locke will have to take care of Walt, which should be interesting. Someone else said that a while back, but I can't think who for the life of me.

Pretty good episode, B+.

gotta love the way they slipped Sawyer into the episode during the flashback, heh

I missed that.

What did they do?

When Boone was in the police station Sawyer was shown being dragged in by the cops.

I knew Sawyer was the prisioner! He said it in the 2nd part of the Pilot and ever since then I had a feeling he was telling the truth.

This episode was fucked...now I really don't know what to believe. I mean, we saw more detail with what the monster exactly was, but to be perfectly honest...that was just Boone's dream.

This is going to be interesting to figure out...I'll have to watch it again.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK>>>>>GODDAMN~~ MOTHERFUCKER~ FUCK FUCK FUCK!~

1. LOCKE. IS. AN. EVIL. MOTHERFUCKER. Tying Boone up? Drugging the fuck out of him? Recruiting sides? LOCKE~~~!

2. Shannon dead. Shannon is dead. Killed. Maimed. BLOODY AS FUCK. Crunchy~Chewy~Gooey~DEAD. Wait...no? Total WTF moment.

3. INLAW LOVIN~! Sweet jeezus on a stick, Boone hit that shit like a MOTHERFUCKING SACK OF BRICKS~. GodDAMN.

4. Sawyer. Arrested. In Australia. WHY~?

5. Jin is a GOOD MAN, and I knew it. Givin Hurley the fish? Baaad asss. Lovin his wife? Baaad assss. Fishin like no other? Baaad asss.

6. Jack. ALL OVER THE PLACE. Interaction with Kate, Locke, Charlie, Sun, and MORE? Goooood shit.

7. EPISODE OF RETURNS~: HurleyMichealWaltVincentJinSun ALL UP IN THIS.

8. KATE. Looks the HOTTEST she has in a while. Rarely used Kate = a good Kate. Overused=bad, rarely used = good. And it was GOOD.

9. "Pee on it! You gotta pee on it! Pee on it!" Hurley and Jin interaction was all gold.

10. Perfect use of the music again. I am always noticing the score, and I am loving it. Always. Perfect. Beauty. Great. Wonderful.

BONUS 11. Locke with the Michelangelo story. Locke with the facial expressions. Locke with the bad jokes "let me check my hips". Well let ME check my "awesome-o-meter". Locke has registered yet again~!

Expect me to post more LOVE NOTES as I continue to recall more about this episode. Rudo is right, top 3 for shizzle and maybe even the top ahead of Locke's and Sawyer's, but there needs to be several rewatches for each before I can declare that. I can't think of ANYTHING I did not like here.

DAMN~

It's a good thing the monster sequence with Shannon was fake - because right after Boone found her, the only thought I could keep in my head was why would the monster attack her if he didn't plan on eating her? I thought it was just a copout.

I knew it didn't make sense for Shannon to also be tied to a tree - especially by Locke, they were 4 miles away from camp.

I'm glad these things came together in the end. I don't want to say make sense, because I still can't make sense of anything.

Sawyer. Arrested. In Australia. WHY~?

He's Sawyer. C'mon...

The Michaelangelo story was amazing - Terry O'Quinn really deserves some awards for his performance as John Locke.

Lockes bad joke was perfect. It was like a chess match between the two of them. He avoided the question, Jack knew it, and he knew Jack knew it, and Jack knew he knew it that he knew it. So it's ALL pretense. That joke symbolized how Locke could have said ANYTHING but the truth there. Just waiting until the other one blinks.

The pattern seems to be that the island/monster/whatever is essentially giving each of the characters what they NEED to move forward or move on with their lives, or maybe what they want or wish for or something... Jack finding his father... Jack needing to save a life and Charlie coming back to life... Charlie and the heroin addiction... Locke and his legs... Boone and being free of Shannon... I don't know if there's any more examples or not.

Locke seems to understand this, and embraces/uses it.

Something I haven't seen brought up yet...

What was up with Jack and Sayid discussing which direction NORTH was in? By what Sayid said, it sounded like all the directions were reversed or something (the sun set in the opposite direction, etc.).

I don't think the compass was TOTALLY off, it was just off by a few degrees; okay, maybe more then a few, I know jack about compasses. The point is, there's something in or around the island which is friggin' with them.

Well one explanation is that Locke knew the compass was messed up and gave it to Sayid to throw off their direction so they wouldn't stumble onto the hatch....

and the other.... and the one I think..... well, its because the island changes, physically.

The island is alive, and it has been giving people what they want and need when they wish hard enough for it? But sometimes it just fucks people up...... the big crashing monster that nobody ever sees... is actually the island itself, moving, thrashing, re-arranging, doing its thing, throwing trees around as if they were its arms, whatever... but its the island itself. Hence, North is no longer quite north.

That's my theory.

If we really want to delve into the scifi, then the island was given life by some kinda expirement and the hatch leads down to its brain. that's not part of my official theory though.

4. The way they ended the episode is kind of cheesy with the whole "Shannon wasn't dead thing." I think they are trying to hard to come up with the twist every week. They don't need to do that or they will find themselves in M. Night land soon.

I agree. I loved the episode as a whole, but that is something they cannot do very much. Although right when I saw her tied up I figured this was something happening in Boone's head. No one in the camp had talked about Boone being gone, and I doubt Shannon would go with Locke into the forest.

The last segment after the final commercial was awesome. I TiVoed it and had to re-watch it about three times. The musical score was great.

I really wasn't loving this episode ... it seemed like it was more a 'build' episode than anything, like they were just laying the groundwork for things in the future more than actually giving us things now ... it that makes sense.

My random thoughts:

... I'm stoked that Shannon's not dead. She's definitely nice on the eyes, and is a good antagonist character.

... I'm not stoked that they had a whole hallucination sequence at the end like that; it was just too out of left field compared to what LOST normally brings to the table.

... regardless of the fact that they're not blood-siblings, hooking up with your sister is revolting, even if she's as hot as Shannon.

... my first thought when Sayid said that Locke had given him a fucked up compass: that he knew that Locke wasn't this picture-perfect outdoorsman that he claims to be.

... funniest moment of the episode: Hurley pulling out the, "your wife is hot" to see if Jin speaks English or not. (yes, even funnier than "pee on it")

nl5's rating: B+

The pattern seems to be that the island/monster/whatever is essentially giving each of the characters what they NEED to move forward or move on with their lives, or maybe what they want or wish for or something... Jack finding his father... Jack needing to save a life and Charlie coming back to life... Charlie and the heroin addiction... Locke and his legs... Boone and being free of Shannon... I don't know if there's any more examples or not.

Locke seems to understand this, and embraces/uses it.

That's a perceptive observation. It may or may not be accurate, but damn, well thought out.

I just hope that it won't go in the Fantasy Island direction, i.e. people get life lessons, closure on various parts of their lives through traumatic experiences, while all the time never really being in danger.

Oh yeah, Locke is the best character on TV in a long time.

1. I can't wait to see the shit hit the fan when Jin catches Sun speaking english. The Yakuza badass going off on someone should kick all kinds of ass.

2. Locke is rapidly becoming my all time favorite T.V. character. Yes even passing Al Bundy. Dude is badass, knows it, and knows no one can do shit about it.

3. Add me to the glad Shannon didn't really die list. I also never believed that was really her, not that I liked the whole hallucination thing, but whatever, more Shannon in bikini = happy Platypus.

4. The HATCH + Michaelangelo story + Boone's heel turn = Pimpitude.

5. Whomever said less Kate = good Kate was spot on. Damn she was fine in this one.

Anyone think we may never actually SEE the "monster"? I was thinking last night that might be the best way to go. At some point, no matter what the monster ends up being, it's just going to disappoint at least half of the viewers, if not much more...

... I'm not stoked that they had a whole hallucination sequence at the end like that; it was just too out of left field compared to what LOST normally brings to the table.

I have to agree with you there. Regardless, they've done 2 swerve deaths in what, 4 episodes? I know the writers are better than that. Next one better be real. And it better not be the old woman or Vincent or Walt, either. I just want to go all Screamin' A Starvenger saying HOLY FUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY JUST DID THAT, and the minor characters ain't gonna cut it.

1. I can't wait to see the shit hit the fan when Jin catches Sun speaking english. The Yakuza badass going off on someone should kick all kinds of ass.

Jin's Korean, so in all likelyhood he's not Yakuza.

Shit starvenger my bad, I missed the beginning of the show, didn't know where he was from and thought that I read that he was in the mob so yeah an honest mistake.

Didn't he kill someone for Sun's father or something like that?

I was also glad last night that they didn't have Boone bust out same badassosity on that Aussie that Shannon hooked up with. There seems to be a bit of a glut of tough guy badass types on the island with Sayid, Sawyer, Jack, Locke, Jin, etc...

After listening to Locke's speech about predators to Jack, I wonder if his intentions are really all that sinister. Think about it, Locke knows that Ethan alone is very dangerous. And if there are more like him that are working with him, then the plane survivors wouldn't stand a chance against them. Perhaps Locke is putting people through his tests to strengthen them for an upcoming fight. He's helped Jack realize he's a leader, helped Charlie kick his habit, and has now helped Boone cut himself off from his sister; all acts that help the survivors become stronger. He's preparing the troops for war.

Sign in to follow this