TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I think this season should slow down right about now. We start off with some questions answered, and then 402832 more new questions, and now we're slowly answering most of them.

I think the most interesting thing was Walt. He was walking with them on his own, he wasn't being pulled or carried or forced, he was perfectly in line with the rest of them. That makes me think if they do find him, they're gonna regret it.

Walt was one of those Others Eko and Jin saw? Is this based on the Teddy Bear, because as far as I can remember, Walt had no teddy bear.

I thought the 'girl' with the teddy bear was supposed to make us think of alix.

3) Anyone get a little vibe from Echo's inquiring about Sun? You know, its been rumored that Sun's Father had someone on the plane...

Yeah, there will definitely be something in the future between Echo and Sun. Maybe Echo is a bounty hunter, which would explain why he's so good at tracking.

makes sense. Glad I am not alone in this thinking..

I think this season should slow down right about now. We start off with some questions answered, and then 402832 more new questions, and now we're slowly answering most of them.

I think the most interesting thing was Walt. He was walking with them on his own, he wasn't being pulled or carried or forced, he was perfectly in line with the rest of them. That makes me think if they do find him, they're gonna regret it.

Walt was one of those Others Eko and Jin saw? Is this based on the Teddy Bear, because as far as I can remember, Walt had no teddy bear.

I, like most people, was focused on the teddy bear rather than the person holding it ... but I don't remember the feet in question being black. Anyone with access to it on video/TiVo able to confirm or dispute the race of the person?

I, like most people, was focused on the teddy bear rather than the person holding it ... but I don't remember the feet in question being black. Anyone with access to it on video/TiVo able to confirm or dispute the race of the person?

It was Alex.

I was thinking that the child holding the bear was an infected person from the tail section.

Echo is definately an interesting character. Maybe it's because of the whole tracker aspect, but I can see him either getting along really well with Locke or the two becoming mortal enemies.

Guest Fishyswa

It had to be Walt, the skin was dark, and not because of the mud, and Jin reacted differently when he saw him.

Was it when he saw 'him' or when he saw the bear? I thought he sketched because he saw what was presumably a young kid with a toy.

Guest Vitamin X
It had to be Walt, the skin was dark, and not because of the mud, and Jin reacted differently when he saw him.

Agreed. Walt is a bit lighter-skinned black as well, and I rewound the tape I had going a couple times. It definitely had to be Walt because of Jin's reaction as well, and I think that was to signify that those were "The Others".

What do you think of the concept that typing the numbers into the computer and hitting execute is transmitting these numbers that are perpetuating bad luck on those who hear them and either try to locate them, or try to use them?

I know that the transmission was changed to the French message, but maybe the numbers are being transmitted by an alternate source now.

Guest Fishyswa

"Why would Walt be carring around a Teddy Bear all of a sudden?"

Maybe it's to show that's he's one of them now, that they've managed to win him over. The stuffed polar bear scene from the last Michael episode could of been a kind of foreshadowing.

I dunno, if they're going to keep having Shannon seeing Walt, I think they'd have something bigger in store for him than just having him be "one of them" all of a sudden and walking around the jungle with a stuffed teddy bear.

Guest Vitamin X

This was kind of interesting..

"Lost" Numbers Lose Millions

By Gina Serpe Thu Oct 20, 5:00 PM ET

Winning the lottery may have caused nothing but trouble for Lost's Hurley, but hordes of Powerball players were willing to take their chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Hundreds of lotto players in the multi-state drawing selected the Emmy-winning show's cursed digits--4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42--in the $340 million drawing Wednesday.

Unfortunately--or maybe fortunately, considering the damage they've done--the Lost numbers lost.

Eva Robelia, spokeswoman for the Wisconsin Lottery, says more than 840 people across five states played the TV-inspired numbers, including 266 hopeful Hurleys in New Hampshire.

"A lot of people are playing those numbers," Robelia told the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "There may be a couple of hundred in Wisconsin alone." Powerball is played in 27 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Lost is the third-most watched show on television this season, averaging nearly 23 million viewers an episode.

The infamous digits first appeared on the ABC hit last season, when

Jorge Garcia's Hugo "Hurley" Reyes used them to win the lottery. That is when his luck ran out.

The mysterious figures caused him nothing but grief--his grandfather died, his mother broke her ankle, their new house burnt down and he ultimately wound up on a certain doomed airliner. The digits subsequently turned up in other places, including the infamous hatch. This season, it was revealed that the sequence has to be entered into a computer every 108 minutes--or else the world will supposedly end.

Evidently, it was a fate gamblers were willing to deal with. But the crush of Lost fans would have proven incredibly unlucky if the numbers came up. Because so many had the same digits, the multimillion dollar jackpot would have been whittled down to just a few thousand bucks apiece.

Of course, the Lost numbers proved to be cursed in a different way--nobody who played them won. For the record the winning numbers were: 7, 21, 43, 44, 49 and 29.

According to lottery officials, the lone golden was sold in Jacksonville, Oregon, and the winner has yet to step forward and claim the hefty sum--roughly $110 million after taxes. The winnings mark the largest prize pool in the game's history and the second-largest haul in U.S. history.

"We advise them to get their 15 minutes of fame out of the way at a press conference, but it's up to the winners to decide what to do," Powerball spokesman Chuck Baumann said.

And our advice to the winner: Avoid uncharted islands with locked hatches. Just in case.

And considering the lengths the hillbillies on the boat went to in order to find Walt, and the reason they want him, why would they make their golden child with the magic powers walk barefoot through the jungle?

Guest Biggles

This week's episode seemed pretty plodding. The whole backstory to Jin and Sun's initial meeting seemed pretty tepid.

Nothing much really happened this week and then they have a long break.

It feels like a lot of the storyline resembles the WWE. They don't appear to have an endpoint and they are just writing from week to week. Now, I don't know that they don't have a grand plan already mapped out, but it feels like they are winging it as they go.

It feels like a lot of the storyline resembles the WWE. They don't appear to have an endpoint and they are just writing from week to week. Now, I don't know that they don't have a grand plan already mapped out, but it feels like they are winging it as they go.

The producers have said in numerous interviews that they have the entire series planned out. I recall reading somewhere that they also have ways to get to the ending if the show is cancelled before the planned run ends.

I think all of the "Others" they saw might have been all kids, not just the one with the teddy bear, because none of them had hair on their legs. I might be reaching with that one, but it's just something I noticed.

In another dumb "I haven't seen all of the first season's episodes, so excuse for my ignorance" question, which episode was Ethan on? I think I missed all of his appearances. Can somebody tell me which episode numbers they are, especially for this "big fight" or something with Jack?

Guest Vitamin X
I think all of the "Others" they saw might have been all kids, not just the one with the teddy bear, because none of them had hair on their legs. I might be reaching with that one, but it's just something I noticed.

Actually, this makes a lot of sense, considering that whatever experimentation the Others are running on the island (provided that they're part of the whole DHARMA initiative), they seem to take a particular interest in children, judging by what happened to Danielle/Alex and obviously, Michael/Walt.

Speaking of Danielle, is she coming back this season? I liked her character.

In another dumb "I haven't seen all of the first season's episodes, so excuse for my ignorance" question, which episode was Ethan on? I think I missed all of his appearances. Can somebody tell me which episode numbers they are, especially for this "big fight" or something with Jack?

Ep. 9 - Solitary (Sayid)

Ep. 10 - Raised by Another (Claire)

Ep. 11 - All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues (Jack)

Ep. 15 - Homecoming (Charlie)

Actually, this makes a lot of sense, considering that whatever experimentation the Others are running on the island (provided that they're part of the whole DHARMA initiative), they seem to take a particular interest in children, judging by what happened to Danielle/Alex and obviously, Michael/Walt.

Speaking of Danielle, is she coming back this season? I liked her character.

If they were after kids, then why did Claire get her kid back?

Sign in to follow this