TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

HURLEY SURVIVES THE KNIFE THROW~!

Are they killing off Eko? And what was Hurley talking about Deja Vu?

Nah, I just think Eko's getting the Sawyer "lie on a cot and be sick" treatment, and Desmond told Hurley in the forrest that John made a speech about rescuing Jack from the Others, but he hadn't made it till the end of the episode, so deja vu

"Hey...we're coming too!"

*Charlie and Hurley rush out of the bushes*

Hurley- Yeah cause dude, you need like guys of importance and, like, stature...cause you know you need to be strong, for a...adventure, rescue...thing"

Charlie- Well that leaves you out Hurley

That episode blew my mind.

1) Locke is back, motherfuckers. Deal with the repercussions of that.

2) The hatch drama is deader than dead. Everyone who wanted island mystery back - you got it tonight... and will continue to.

3) Desmond sees the future now? Fucking awesome.

The return of bad ass Locke leading a fucking rescue party into Henry Gale's hood to round up his posse makes me giddy just thinking about it.

Pretty good episode; awesome to see Locke back in top form, but one thing is bugging the piss outta me.

They said multiple times that the hatch didn't explode, it imploded.

Then how in the holy name of fuck did Eko, Locke and Desmond not only not get killed, but get tossed to different parts of the Island? I mean, suspension of disbelief is one thing, asking me to ignore all the laws of physics when you coulda just as easily said that it exploded is something else. They better have an explaination for that.

Oh, and Charlie and Claire are gonna be in trouble. I'm getting that from Boone's flashback.

"They're not in danger, at least not yet." (paraphrased)

All the rest were more assured.

That episode blew my mind.

1) Locke is back, motherfuckers. Deal with the repercussions of that.

2) The hatch drama is deader than dead. Everyone who wanted island mystery back - you got it tonight... and will continue to.

3) Desmond sees the future now? Fucking awesome.

The return of bad ass Locke leading a fucking rescue party into Henry Gale's hood to round up his posse makes me giddy just thinking about it.

#2, that'd be me. and yes i liked this episode much better than last week's. loved all the S1 shoutouts, with the hallucation drug that Locke made again taht he made for Boone, the polar bear, the visions, no sitting around the hatch washing dishes (ugh).

Unfortuntly it looks like we're going back to "ooh wacky exprieements that make no sense" with The Others next week. I want to see Locke and the gang go all hunting party.

I don't know. I actually thought that episode was pretty weak. The bear subplot seemes like random filler plucked completely out of nowhere, and there was absolutely no explanation for how Locke, Desmond, and Eko survived. So the hatch imploded, and that somehow through them all outward in different directions, but none of them were injured at all. That just makes no sense.

Oh, and I didn't really like seeing new people for the first time either. If they weren't in the first two seasons, then as far as I'm concerned, they weren't on the F-ing plane.

At least the stuff with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer follows somewhat of a logical progression. The only character I really like now is Ben.

So, Locke was...working on a drug farm before he went back to a box factory? Ooooookay. You know, I don't care about how he got crippled anymore. That was something they should have showed us 1st season, beginning of 2nd season at the latest. It doesn't matter anymore, which is sad.

I enjoyed this episode because it broke the mold a bit, both visually and in its structure. Still, it's weird having Desmond just fine, albeit with a bit of future-seeing. I figured he'd be dead after the end of last season, because it was a great emotional capstone for a guest star. Really, basically just getting rid of the hatch is an unfortunate admission that the whole thing was stupid and that they needed to get away from it. The meat of the episode was cool, though.

Well, I was of the assumption that it was a commune that Locke was working in, they were farming weed too, but it was a commune. Which brings up the handy little parallel with the others, which all clues point to being a commune of sorts. I love this show.

Here's something else I just thought of:

Ben will be completely unprepared and caught off guard by the majesty of Locke's assault. The Locke he knows is a spineless pussy who waits for Jack to tell him what to do. He's not worried about him. He's worried about Sayid. Now that the tiger has been unleashed, he has no idea what he's up against. Locke is gonna bring the pain and Ben is gonna be dumbfounded.

It's gonna be great.

The symbolism of Locke's "Hunt" to save Ecko was awesome.

Locke's first major thing in Lost, was when he began hunting. Everything for his character was based around that, and his beliefs. In S2, he lost almost all of it. Now he's regained his "hunting" sense, by successfully saving Ecko. His character arc is completed, he's returned to who he was, and on top of that he seems to be communicating with the island again. The sweat lodge, and the Ecko instances suggest that he's refound his faith and the Island is "guiding" him once again.

Locke's gonna fuuuck shit uuuuupp.

I really dug last night's episode, but feel like it should have been on LAST WEEK, with last week's on last night. To have two episodes about Kate, Sawyer & Jack (including one that was seemingly a build episode) before one about Locke & company just doesn't make sense to me.

Having said that: At first I was down on the sweat lodge aspect, because it was so out-of-line with everything that we'd seen about Locke, but then they showed the flashbacks and it made much mroe sense. It was still a bit too "Walker, Texas Ranger" for me, but the actual visions were sick. The whole idea of Boone pushing Locke, in the wheelchair, through the airport and pointing out who doesn't need help (or who doesn't need help yet) was awesome.

And this might be reading too much into things, but the only people that I caught that were working at the airport, rather than there as a traveler, where Ben ........ and Hurley. Is that foreshadowing?

Ben will be completely unprepared and caught off guard by the majesty of Locke's assault. The Locke he knows is a spineless pussy who waits for Jack to tell him what to do. He's not worried about him.
That's an awesome point, Mik ... I hadn't thought of that. Even pre-island, Locke wasn't a huge threat - the whole being-in-a-wheelchair thing limited him. So, there's a good chance that Ben is ill-prepared for Locke the Hunter.

I don't know. I actually thought that episode was pretty weak. The bear subplot seemes like random filler plucked completely out of nowhere, and there was absolutely no explanation for how Locke, Desmond, and Eko survived. So the hatch imploded, and that somehow through them all outward in different directions, but none of them were injured at all. That just makes no sense.

Oh, and I didn't really like seeing new people for the first time either. If they weren't in the first two seasons, then as far as I'm concerned, they weren't on the F-ing plane.

I'm assuming that Locke, Eko, and Desmond were saved by the island somehow (the monster, perhaps?). Think about it, the island has communicated with both Locke and Eko before, and now Desmond comes back with the power to see the future? I'm thinking there is a reason all three came out of that implosion alive.

I agree with you a bit about new characters. It's a little late to be doing that, but as long as they are interesting, I'm willing to live with it. Besides, maybe they could do flashbacks with background characters on the island. Show us what they were doing when the Others attacked, the DHARMA food was dropped, etc.

I liked the episode last night. I like how they don't feel the need to cram something about every character into each episode. I liked that we didn't see Sayid's group or Jack's gang during this episode. Keeps the focus on the other story they are developing. Next week's episode looks intense too.

One question I have is, since they seem to know so much about all of the Losties, wouldn't they have known that Locke was in a wheelchair and can now walk? Wouldn't this be Ben/Henry's top priority?

I didn't like Mute-Locke in the first half of the episode, but once we knew about the cop and Locke got his voice back,things picked up for me.

Hunter Locke is back, and he's going to make Sayids rescue plan look puny.

Was anyone else waiting for Locke to wiggle his toes after he awoke in the jungle (calling back to him waking up post-crash in the 1st episode)? When they got his feet in the shot, Ithought for sure that was going to happen.

Looking at next week's promo, I got a weird idea. What if the Others are trying to turn Jack into one of them? Looking at next week, it seems like Ben is forcing Kate to admit she has feelings for Sawyer. What if Ben uses this to drive a wedge between Jack and the other 2? Make him feel isolated from the rest of his group, then Juliet becomes his own little personal touchstone to the world. They get closer, and then eventually Jack "appears" (could go either way, depending on what the writers want) to come around to Ben's way of thinking (whatever that may be). That could lead to a fairly awesome scene with Ben taking the 3 of them out and telling Kate and Sawyer to leave and go back to their camp. Kate tells Jack to come on, and Jack comes back with "There's nothing for me there anymore, I'm staying here."

Just an idea.

Looking at next week's promo, I got a weird idea. What if the Others are trying to turn Jack into one of them? Looking at next week, it seems like Ben is forcing Kate to admit she has feelings for Sawyer. What if Ben uses this to drive a wedge between Jack and the other 2? Make him feel isolated from the rest of his group, then Juliet becomes his own little personal touchstone to the world. They get closer, and then eventually Jack "appears" (could go either way, depending on what the writers want) to come around to Ben's way of thinking (whatever that may be). That could lead to a fairly awesome scene with Ben taking the 3 of them out and telling Kate and Sawyer to leave and go back to their camp. Kate tells Jack to come on, and Jack comes back with "There's nothing for me there anymore, I'm staying here."

Just an idea.

I could see that Jack being part of The Others and getting to know them, how they work and why they are there. Then turning on them and helping in the revolution with Locke and company.

Yeah, I had that in mind too. Could be the shocking twist at the end of the season or whatever. Jack comes in and saves the day when some of the Losties get trapped by the Others (maybe some war breaks out between the two groups).

Just an idea.

I could see that Jack being part of The Others and getting to know them, how they work and why they are there. Then turning on them and helping in the revolution with Locke and company.

But before Jack turns on them, he's stabbed in the throat by Locke (who thinks he's fully Otherified) and left to die because I can't stand his whiney bitch ass. :D

I'm still awaiting a scene in New York City at night when Pen finds Michael and says I need to talk to you.

Cut to LOST.

YES.

The producers have said this season is basically Losties vs The Others, so a Lost Civil War could be in the cards (I'm with Captain America). Jack joining the Others seems to be where they're going with it, but it's not really like Lost to be predictable.

Guest Diablo_Dor

Just an idea.

But before Jack turns on them, he's stabbed in the throat by Locke (who thinks he's fully Otherified) and left to die because I can't stand his whiney bitch ass. :D

As long as that lead to an episode in the next season were a RED SHIRT lostie complains that EVERYONE doesn't need to be helping find the cure to Kate (or Juliet) mystery illness causing Jack to shoot him in the leg and ask for someone to come clear up the mess; or Jack gets to kill a robot ninja who has taken the appearance of his father, cos the greatest character arc I have ever seen started with a throat stabbing.

By the way on another issue, we all believe the hatch is destroyed, then did anyone else catch Locke sending someone to the "Kitchen" to get Eko's bandages?

By the way on another issue, we all believe the hatch is destroyed, then did anyone else catch Locke sending someone to the "Kitchen" to get Eko's bandages?

When I heard that, I just sort of assumed he was referring to Rose's setup. If memory serves, she had the food and supplies from the airdrop arranged on shelves and everything - that's pretty much the closest thing they have to a kitchen.

Odd, because you'd think I'd remember the REAL kitchen first - the one in the hatch - but for some reason Rose came to mind first.

Edited by chirs3

Sign in to follow this