TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Tonight's South Park...

Pretty decent, I thought. Not as good as last week - but there were parts I liked. Cartman just pulling out the violin. Everyone talking about torching Walmart, and then Kyle being the voice of reason, saying that if everyone just stayed away they would go out of business - and then it quickly cuts to the Walmart burnt to the ground. Also when the guy hung himself out the window and for no good reason his pants just fell off and he crapped his pants, that got a little bit of a laugh out of me.

Guest JMA
Didn't they have the opposite message in the Tweak's Coffee episode where big corporations were GOOD?

Yep. I'm surprised someone else remembered that. However, Wall-Mart (the South Park spelling) isn't exactly an ordinary corporation.

All in all it was a very entertaining episode.

The end was classic with everybody going to Joes Drugstore then burning it down only to go to Ace Hardware.

Actually, they said True Value (sp?).

I like the part about Wall-Mart hiring the handicapped, mentally ill, old and overweight. The end with the fat lady running out was LOL funny.

It was funny because it is true. All of the Wal-Mart stereotypes got a huge laugh from me. I grew up in small town Kentucky, which has given me a greater appreciation for the grossly overweight Wal-Mart employee and Wal-Mart stereotypes in general. Awesome episode.

I preferred the much simpler animation of the earlier seasons to the more detailed animation they use now. However, seeing "Wall*Mart" employees in K-Mart colors and Stans grandpa working as a door greater got a chuckle out of me.

I like the part about Wall-Mart hiring the handicapped, mentally ill, old and overweight. The end with the fat lady running out was LOL funny.

It was funny because it is true. All of the Wal-Mart stereotypes got a huge laugh from me. I grew up in small town Kentucky, which has given me a greater appreciation for the grossly overweight Wal-Mart employee and Wal-Mart stereotypes in general. Awesome episode.

They needed a murderous gingerbread cookie, or Gramps talking to a regular gingerbread cookie.

Okay, I would have settled for Mr. Hanky in one of those vests, but that flat-out disturbing Wal-Mart commercial begged to be parodied.

Drawn Together was much better this time. Parody of tentacle hentai--nice.

Good ep.

Didn't they have the opposite message in the Tweak's Coffee episode where big corporations were GOOD?

That was the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the show's storyline.

I loved the Timecop joke.

I thought last night's South Park was...somewhat lacking.

Drawn Together though...I officially love this show.

I felt this episode was a bit lacking too... It was hilarious in most places, but for some reason I just felt this episode was missing something. I would have to say that "The Jeffersons" has been the best episode of the season so far.

So far the South Park season has been great. I laughed throughout both episodes. Drawn Together seems to be missing something, although last nights episode was better than the premiere

Ling-Ling is what powers Drawn Together's appeal for me- oh and the hanging followed by crapping got the cheap laugh from me. But my new television obsession, after four years too late, I've been crazy over Curb Your Enthusiasm (Not to swerve the subject). So I missed majority of tonight's South Park for CYE tape.

Guest fanofcoils

I've watched every single episode of South Park, and I think this was one of the worst ones. I wasn't feeling it at all with the Walmart topic. It seemed forced and random and not natural. It was the same episode with the whole town overreacting. And most of the jokes were not that funny.

this show has reached a new level of bizarre....and I love it!!!!!

I almost did a spit take when I realized they were parodying walmart cuz my sister works there at the auto depart. and she always tells me about some of the people employed by the wal.

I can take many forms bit was funny as hell

and how can you not love dying and crapping?

Randy Marsh is becoming the best character on the show

"The stickers theres 15 of them for only 99 cents"

cartmans betrayal is pretty cool, especially how kyle kept calling him on it

great satire here

kudos matt and trey for making great episodes at the last minute (you have to wonder where they got the idea from-last week theyre sitting at home then see a walmart ad)

which walmart ad are you guys talking about?

That is impressive if they made this in a week, but it shows if that's true. I didn't like this eps at all, save for a couple of small laughs here and there. The whole theme of the show was slapped together.

Guest El Satanico

Actually alot of episodes are made the week before airing. You can tell when they were able to do episodes in a week, because we got more timely episodes that dealt with recent issues.

Drawn Together was much better this time.  Parody of tentacle hentai--nice.

The "Clair believes everything" part was kinda funny, too

The absolute twisted freak in me, I must say, got a cheap laugh out of the "Monster's Ball" parody.

"Make me feel good!"

Guest Smues

Drawn together so far through 2 episodes I like, but they'll never top the "Link guy plays flute and tornado takes him away" gag from the first episode. The MC Usher room was great though.