TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hbkhhhmark4life

Most inaccurate statement Jim Ross??

Hey smartmarks, I want to know what your opinion is on the most inaccurate statement/historical fact that J.R. has tried to point out but has been so wrong about.

I have an example: I cant remember which raw it was, but I remember J.R. saying HBK was the only grand slam champion in history, waaaaaay after HHH, Jericho, and Angle had already reached those accolades. Let me hear ya smartmarks.

I remember in late 2002 JR had this one episode of Raw he just was totally fucking weird on. I dont' remember which one it was and what exactly he said, but I remember thinking that was fucked up. And so did everyone on the board.

At Vengeance 2002 JR was way out of it.

He said they were in the same building where Hogan beat Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3....right here in Chicago.

He was off the whole night

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

That Benoit and HHH have never fought ... pissed me off something shocking, as their No Mercy 2000 fight was excellent. It's not like it's a forgettable match.

I rememer this one which seemingly came out of nowhere.

"King, don't encourage those 16-year-old kids to go out and get fake driver's licenses...so they can play Little League baseball!" - J.R.

Even Lawler was confused.

"J.R., what in the world are you TALKING about?!" - The King

J.R. saying Flair went 64 minutes at the RR 92 when Benoit was close to winning the 2004 RR. :angry:

"Unprettier by Christian!" [falling DDT]

"Matt Hardy's got the money!" [No Mercy 99, when Jeff grabs the money to win]

Of course, the Benoit/Jericho confusions.

At Vengeance 2002 JR was way out of it.

He said they were in the same building where Hogan beat Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3....right here in Chicago.

He was off the whole night

I don't remember anything specific but I think he was pretty awful at Backlash 2000 as well.

"[insert wrestlers name here] has just wiped out Shannon Hardy and Matt Moore" from the 2003 Rumble was pretty bad.

Guest LooneyTune
On Raw a few weeks back when Bneoit was eyeing HHH who was at the announce table:

JR: Jericho has his eyes on your belt Triple H.

HHH: Well maybe he does but so does Benoit who's right there.

HHH is always good for a laugh on commentary. Let us not forget Jim Ross saying "Wrestle A jerking Wrestler B off...the top rope" about 300 times since 2001.

I rememer this one which seemingly came out of nowhere.

"King, don't encourage those 16-year-old kids to go out and get fake driver's licenses...so they can play Little League baseball!" - J.R.

Even Lawler was confused.

"J.R., what in the world are you TALKING about?!" - The King

That was the Raw I was fucking talking about! When was that?

I know its excusable because it was the first night the company was using the new name, but JR referred to WWE as WWF nearly everytime he mentioned it the first night of the "Get the F Out" campaign.

"As God is my witness, he's broken in half!" could have been pretty accurate at the Mankind HITC, actually.

I think Rhyno goring Jericho 'to the depths of Hell!' (i.e. through a cloth video screen) could have been one of his most hyperbolic moments.

JR's liontamer comment ranks up there.

Whazzis?

Last night on Raw, Jericho hit the Lionsault on HHH during his match against Maven and JR said that Jericho "just hit the Liontamer".

The Liontamer was actually Jericho's much superior version of the Walls of Jericho (which we already knew about that, of course) with the knee to the back that he used to use in WCW and in the earlier part of his WWE career.

I'm surprised JR even knew about the old liontamer name.

Am I the only one who thought he should have changed submissions from the Boston Crab? It looks so carpy when he puts it on a big guy like Kane, and for consitency, he seems to do the Boston Crab loosely all the time now. Maybe a high angle single leg crab? Wiat what was the topic?

I think one of JRs most forgivable offenses is the height exaggeration, which sometimes gets a little silly. Jeff Hardy with a Swanton off that 30/40 foot ladder! Shane Mcmahon just delivered an elbow drop from 100 feet up! Don't remember specific exaggerations, but occasionally a bit funny, since Jeff Hardy would be doing a swanton from a ladder that's about twice as tall as Edge and he'd call it 25 feet high!

It's forgivable, of course, since when he does this, the guy are usually taking pretty crazy risks.

Guest LooneyTune

Jim Ross sounds worse when he's completely bored. See for example Christian v. Jericho v. RVD 3-Way IC Title from Unforgiven 2003. He's just so bored he just calmly and quietly calls PBP, not even bothering to make a conversation with Lawler, and just phoning it in.

The Jericho/Benoit stuff was the worst. When they were teaming he'd call them the wrong names. When they were working each other he'd call them the wrong names. When only ONE of them was on screen he'd call them by the wrong name. It got to the point where he did it so fucking often that he and Lawler wouldn't even bother to correct it every time because it would just make him look like that much more of a retard. I'd say on average you'd get about 3 corrections for every 5 screwups.

JR's liontamer comment ranks up there.

Whazzis?

Last night on Raw, Jericho hit the Lionsault on HHH during his match against Maven and JR said that Jericho "just hit the Liontamer".

The Liontamer was actually Jericho's much superior version of the Walls of Jericho (which we already knew about that, of course) with the knee to the back that he used to use in WCW and in the earlier part of his WWE career.

Also, instead of turning the guy over, he'd walk forward until the guy flipped over. I've been put in both--Liontamer >>>>> Walls of Jericho

Guest Fook

As bad as that is, he hasn't reached Tony Schiavone levels yet.

I have yet to hear JR call (or more appropriately, miscall) various moves as sidewalk slams.