88 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best burger?

• McDonald's
    • Burger King
    • Hardee's
    • Wendy's
    • Jack in the Box
    • Other

Speaking of regional chains, Good Times is some great stuff. But apparently it hasn't yet exited the state, except for one lonely store in Idaho.

Of the major chains, Carl's Jr. is my choice, followed by Sonic, Wendy's, then the rest.

I had Jack in the Box and In N Out when I visited Cali back in 1999, much better than any back here in RI with exception to this little place called Stanley's near my house. Amazing burgers.

Also there's this place in Walpole, MA near where I work called Clydes. They have a 2LB Chili Cheeseburger. Costs like 27 bucks, but if you eat it, and the fries, within 30 minutes you get it for free.

Wait, so Whataburger is some kind of equivalent to In N Out? I know what the deal is there... pretty good, but pretty overrated. There's literally lines around the block to In N Out around here. It's just a hamburger, people, damn.

You know, to me, and most everyone else I know, Jack In the Box is absolute dog food. We eat there anyway, but there would be no way it'd be getting mentioned in a thread like this. They have curly fries, which is good, and you can choose regular or curly fries or onion rings with your value meal, which is good. They were also the first chain to do sourdough burgers, which I give them credit for as well.

Culver's is Wisconsin and Illinois as far as I know.

Minnesota too

I went there a couple times. Good shakes, don't remember much about the burgers though.

I like Jack in the Box. We don't have any in Oklahoma so I go to it when I go to Texas. It reminds me of Hardee's which there are none of.

Though there are rumors that there is a Hardee's in Tulsa....hmmm.....

Guest Vitamin X

And it doesn't even include all of Florida, just the redneck panhandle. I'm not sure how far south Ft. Walton Beach is, but I assume it's not far from the panhandle.

I ate at a Whattaburger when I was driving on the way here, over in El Paso, TX. Awesome burger indeed, but Carl's Jr. (My favorite is the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger or Western Bacon Chicken with crisscut fries and a side of ranch) is still the best.

Guest Vitamin X
It's probably worth mentioning that Fatburger has made its way here, although I've never gone to it since it's too far out. Anyone ever been?

Yeah, I used to work at one (very briefly) in California. Great stuff, although a bit pricey. Kinda like Fuddrucker's.

Off the poll, it's Hardees, followed by Wendy's. I don't recall seeing a Jack in the Box around these parts. We do have a Sonic somewhere, but I've never been to it.

Guest Vitamin X

And we have El Pollo Tropical in Miami. They also don't serve burgers.

For some reason, I'd have a feeling that there'd be a Rey del Pollo somewhere around here, considering this is the only city that has chains of stores originating in Cuba, and I believe some other Latin American restaurants have franchises out here as well.

Culver's is too expensive for what you get. The food's good, but the prices keep me from going there too often. They have like 40 teens working there at any given time, too. It's ridiculous, especially since it doesn't do great business.

From the list, I'd go with Burger King, but that may just be because I rarely get to eat there since it's always Wendy's or McDonald's with my friends or family.

Despite living in a fairly big city, the pickings are real slim here in the way of fast food, which is why I'm looking into just *gasp* cooking at home more since I'm absolutely sick of most of the options here.

Guest Failed Mascot
Looks like Whataburger is a southern thing!

Kinda like Krispy Kreme donuts up until last year. Now the New England based Grocery chain Shaws sells them in boxes of 6 and there's one shop in Conn. Before that it was Dunkin' Donuts or Honey Dew Donuts up in the North East.

My choice has to go to the Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger. Coming in at a close second is the Big Mac. Those are the only two fast food burgers that don't end up feeling like a rock in my stomach about 30min after I finish eating.

Guest Coffey

Don't know if I could pick a best. Wendy's "Single," McDonald's "Big Mac," & Burger King's "Whopper" are all good. Of course, I haven't had any of the three is about four or five months now.....

Actually, last time that I had Hardee's that was really good too. I don't remember which sandwich it was. It had bacon on it. "Monster Burger" maybe?

I hate Jack in the Box. Just like White Castle to me. Ass.