TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
res37618

Upcoming PPV dates/locations

WWE.com has posted the PPV schedule, with locations for most events, through Royal Rumble '06. Most notably, it looks like SummerSlam will be at the MCI Center in Washington DC, Survivor Series will be in Detroit, and next year's Rumble will be in Miami. And it looks like they've definitely penciled in that ECW show in New York for 6/12. Here's the direct link to the list, in case anyone wonders about its validity.

Royal Rumble | Sunday, January 30, 2005 | Fresno, CA

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

No Way Out | Sunday, February 20, 2005 | Pittsburgh, PA

SmackDown! PPV

WrestleMania 21 | Sunday, April 3, 2005 | Los Angeles, CA

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Backlash | Sunday, May 1, 2005 | Manchester, NH

RAW PPV

Judgment Day | Sunday, May 22, 2005 | Minneapolis, MN

SmackDown! PPV

TBD | Sunday, June 12, 2005 | New York, NY

TBD

Vengeance | Sunday, June 26, 2005 | Las Vegas, NV

RAW PPV

The Great American Bash | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Buffalo, NY

SmackDown! PPV

Summerslam | Sunday, August 21, 2005 | Washington DC

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Unforgiven | Sunday, September 18, 2005 | TBD

RAW PPV

No Mercy | Sunday, October 9, 2005 | TBD

SmackDown! PPV

Taboo Tuesday | Tuesday, November 1, 2005 | San Diego, CA

RAW PPV

Survivor Series | Sunday, November 27, 2005 | Detroit, MI

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Armageddon | Sunday, December 18, 2005 | TBD

SmackDown! PPV

New Year's Revolution | Sunday, January 8, 2006 | TBD

RAW PPV

Royal Rumble | Sunday, January 29, 2006 | Miami, FL

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Good to see upstate NY and Miami finally get PPVs. Odd to see that NYC gets a PPV in an odd-numbered year. Even stranger to see the end of Bad Blood and the switch of GAB and Vengeance.

Good to see upstate NY and Miami finally get PPVs. Odd to see that NYC gets a PPV in an odd-numbered year. Even stranger to see the end of Bad Blood and the switch of GAB and Vengeance.

The Great American Bash switch to July kinda fits, that's the month that they used to always have it in . . . what I wouldn't give to see them do a "War Games" match there for the main event. It'll NEVER happen, but I guess I can dream, right?

I'm still excited about Backlash coming to Manchester, NH! It should be a fun show regardless of how good/bad the card is. I haven't been to a Raw show since the fall of 2003, so I'm hoping that the Raw guys I haven't seen yet (Jericho, Batista) don't get traded over to Smackdown just in time :(

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

Okay, I am seriously torn.

The same weekend, there is a NWA fanfest in Charlotte (Aug 19-21). No idea about who they plan to book but those are always a lot of fun.

... Or I could go to Summer Slam.

I don't like decision making. :(

The Great American Bash switch to July kinda fits, that's the month that they used to always have it in . . . what I wouldn't give to see them do a "War Games" match there for the main event. It'll NEVER happen, but I guess I can dream, right?

According to Meltzer, Triple H has been begging for Wargames for a while but Vince won't budge.

According to Meltzer, Triple H has been begging for Wargames for a while but Vince won't budge.

See, HHH can't get everything he wants just cause he's the son-in-law.

Figures it's the one thing we'd want too...

Guest krazykat72

not really....WCW moved the Bash to June in the mid 90's and kept it there until it was done.

-Paul Jacobi-

Well, for once, I'm rooting for HHH. He needs to make Vince budge - a WWE Wargames match, with the right participants, could be a classic.

Of course, the undercard would probably suck donkey testicles since all of the upper card talent would probably be involved in the match - talk about a card full of crappy filler matches!

What the hell, it would be worth it . . I'd sit through a bad La Resistance tag title defense and a horrible women's match to get to the main event . . . what am I talking about, that sounds like EVERY Raw PPV! :bonk:

not really....WCW moved the Bash to June in the mid 90's and kept it there until it was done.

-Paul Jacobi-

I'm talking old-school Great American Bash in July, when the show actually meant something, not the Great American Bashes of WCW late 90's headlined by such great matches as Nash vs. Savage and Sting vs. The Giant in a ONE-ON-ONE Tag title defense. God, what a nightmare.

One of those "TBDs" needs to go to Indianapolis. We haven't had a WWE PPV since IYH Buried Alive, and we have a relatively new arena on top of it.

WWE.com has posted the PPV schedule, with locations for most events, through Royal Rumble '06. Most notably, it looks like SummerSlam will be at the MCI Center in Washington DC, Survivor Series will be in Detroit, and next year's Rumble will be in Miami.

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

The placement of SummerSlam in D.C. has to be a Batista thing considering that's his home area.

WWE.com has posted the PPV schedule, with locations for most events, through Royal Rumble '06.  Most notably, it looks like SummerSlam will be at the MCI Center in Washington DC, Survivor Series will be in Detroit, and next year's Rumble will be in Miami. 

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

The placement of SummerSlam in D.C. has to be a Batista thing considering that's his home area.

... Or that it's just a good market with a 20,000 seat arena.

WWE.com has posted the PPV schedule, with locations for most events, through Royal Rumble '06.  Most notably, it looks like SummerSlam will be at the MCI Center in Washington DC, Survivor Series will be in Detroit, and next year's Rumble will be in Miami. 

RAW & SmackDown! PPV

... Or that it's just a good market with a 20,000 seat arena.

D.C. hasn't been a good market for wrestling in years. TV ratings and house show attendances are below WWE averages for comparable areas. The indies don't run much around D.C. if at all.

War Games would actually work better on Smackdown (Unless they did do Raw vs SD)..

Wargames on RAW would suck, because their undercard sucks.. but if Wargames happened on Smackdown

they'd HAVE to give us crusierweight matches.

Of course of Triple H is pulling for it.. I guess that means he'd have to be in it.. and win it.

Vengeance | Sunday, June 26, 2005 | Las Vegas, NV

RAW PPV

YES! We're not getting the Bash after all! :headbang:

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Why hasn't Chicago gotten a Royal Rumble? Am i the only one who thinks that's wrong? Chicago after NYC is pretty much the best city for wrestling closely followed by Philadelphia and Canada(Im counting that as one whole location). Chicago's always jacked for the shows and I bet it'd be a fun hour to see the Chicagoians with the rumble.

Detroit always gets the Survivor Series. Why is that?

They're doing Taboo Tuesday again?

Seconding this thought. Did they not realize that having a PPV on a work day when the buddies you split the bill with (assuming you have them, and many do) are busy and unavailable is a GOOD IDEA?

I guess 180,000 buys was considered a success.

Unless that is the case, I don't know what the hell they're thinking.

I'd like to see a PPV come to Kentucky. The last one we had was Judgement Day 2000. If I remember correctly, there was a PPV scheduled for Louisville a year or two ago, but due to some Athletic Commission rule on revenues, it was pulled.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

WWE pushed the date back after the World Series/ALCS since it's pretty obvious the ALCS took a good chunk of Vince's audience away for the PPV. At least that's there excuse. I; however doubt the missing 500k weren't watching because of the ALCS but because they just didn't want to watch a poorly promoted confusing idea of a ppv.

I remember readingng on another thread that because of the huge attendance of New Year's Revolution, they were going to have Summerslam in San Juan. Can anybody corroborate this?