TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I tried Shadow of the Colossus for just a minute earlier, and yeah, I can tell this one is going to be great. The second I saw the first Colossus, it seriously took my breath away it was such an awesome moment. It's moments like that which really seperate games like GUN from games like SotC.

I took a break from console games for most of this year, but Taiko Drum Master (I finally bought it the other day), Guitar Hero, Resident Evil 4 (thank God it came to the PS2), and now SotC have all brought me back to the fold.

I also bought From Russia With Love (from only playing it for a second, I might end up thinking the same things about this one as I do about GUN) and Snake Eater ($10/new on Black Friday, I couldn't pass that up).

Along with all of those, the only other console game I own is SDvsRAW 2006, all for the PS2.

I have the same thoughts on Gun. It has solid gameplay but it's just lacking in  so many other departments to make it a great, or even good game.

Basically I just think the length of the main story killed the enitre game experiance for me.

how is it compared to Red Dead Revolver? That game was great...

I don't think anyone actually cared about any of the GC connectivity. People want Jake the Snake.

I braved the black friday crowds in search of a 360 but left empty handed.

Maybe it's a little late, but you don't need a PSP to get Jake the Snake.

Dude, it's GameFAQs. Don't try to apply logic....

... says the guy who's posted at their boards for 5 years plus.

Also, DKC didn't hold up well. It's better than average, but not nearly the classic I considered it to be a decade ago.

Dude, it's GameFAQs.  Don't try to apply logic....

... says the guy who's posted at their boards for 5 years plus.

Also, DKC didn't hold up well.  It's better than average, but not nearly the classic I considered it to be a decade ago.

I post there too. Their first few lists were all right, but these last few have being pretty bad.

DKC holds up for me. One of the reasons I keep my Super Nintendo along with Mario World, Castlevania IV, and Mario RPG.

Guest Kou
I have the same thoughts on Gun. It has solid gameplay but it's just lacking in  so many other departments to make it a great, or even good game.

Basically I just think the length of the main story killed the enitre game experiance for me.

how is it compared to Red Dead Revolver? That game was great...

I haven't played RDR yet, suprisingly. Since I seem to play everything at one point or another. But I'll have the balls to say it's better. :P

I sold GUN on eBay for over $50/shipped, so I more than made my money on that one. I sold FRWL for around $40, so I more than made my money back on that one also. Both are good games, but they aren't worth $40-$50, not even close. I might go back to them once I can buy them for $10-$15/used.

I had a little bit of extra Blockbuster credit, so I picked up Mercenaries and Project Snowblind, both used, and both cheap. I haven't tried PS yet (I just put it in the system, so I'm about to give it a go), but Mercenaries is just fucking awesome. Why didn't I hear more about that game than I did? Is it because the lack of a major story or something? I think it's a fantastic game. I've only just begun, but this is going to be a blast. It's like, ummm, a GTA game in war times.

I was thinkinbg about getting Mercenaries, but never did pull the trigger.

Yeah so I bought Killswitch instead.... what a disappointment that game was. Thank god I only spent 10 bucks on it.

Edited by Rendclaw

Go out and buy Mercenaries ASAP, seriously. Blockbuster has it used for around $20.25 after the 25% discount they have going right now. I'm sure you could find it for even less than that used somewhere.

I just tried out Project Snowblind for about thirty minutes to an hour, and I love that game also. I went two for two on my video game purchases tonight. :)

These two more than make up for my disappointment in GUN and FRWL.

I just noticed something interesting over at GameRankings. Out of the top 20 DS games, 15 of them are by Nintendo, while on the other hand out of the top 20 PSP games, only 5 of them are by Sony.

dsvspsp7py.gif

I just noticed something interesting over at GameRankings. Out of the top 20 DS games, 15 of them are by Nintendo, while on the other hand out of the top 20 PSP games, only 5 of them are by Sony.

dsvspsp7py.gif

Makes sense. Nintendo goes berserk supporting their platforms, but Sony games have never been the draw for their systems. People bought Playstations for GTA or Final Fantasy, not because of Sony.

I second the Mercenaries recommend. The airstrikes and bombs make that game. You can blow up everything!

And sometimes, after a long day at work and then dealing with the ex, blowing a lot of shit up is exactly what I need.

Okay guys, you sold me.

Makes sense. Nintendo goes berserk supporting their platforms, but Sony games have never been the draw for their systems. People bought Playstations for GTA or Final Fantasy, not because of Sony

Who made Gran Turismo? The draw for Playstation systems is its support for 3rd party games.

I know that Half-Life 2 came out for X-Box, and I've been looking all over for it for my for X-Mas. Anybody been able to find at any place? I tried Wal Mart, Target, and Best Buy. Any luck?

I got HL2 for Xbox at Gamestop on Friday. Haven't played it yet though.

Red Dead Revolver is pretty good mindless action.

Way of the Samurai is awesome. I just played through that again the other day. 2 was not nearly as good, it was too non-linear. In the first you would always get a coherent story no matter what you did, in 2 if you don't follow the paths you just get stuck wandering around forever.

I can't believe someone is just now noticing Nintendo systems are driven by Nintendo's first party support.

I can't believe someone is just now noticing Nintendo systems are driven by Nintendo's first party support.

I didn't just now notice it. It just seemed amusing to me when looking at the two different lists side by side, and the fact that it was 15 to 5.

I'm still shocked that Nintendo hasn't decided to just give up on consoles all together.

I got HL2 for Xbox at Gamestop on Friday. Haven't played it yet though.

Red Dead Revolver is pretty good mindless action.

Way of the Samurai is awesome. I just played through that again the other day. 2 was not nearly as good, it was too non-linear. In the first you would always get a coherent story no matter what you did, in 2 if you don't follow the paths you just get stuck wandering around forever.

There are things I like about both WotS games. I liked the bigger environment in 2, but it was also impossibly hard at some points (I only ever got past the fair once). I'd say I hope 3 will find some sort of medium between the two, but it's gonna be on PS3, and I probably won't be getting it.

I liked Way of the Samurai 2 and owned it for a good month or two before selling it. What's better about the original?

Even in periods lacking in game news, at least we haven't stooped this low:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=449828

I don't know what's the bigger thread killer: lolicon Yuffie to start the thread or Jigglypuff for sheer randomness. EDIT: Actually...it's the thread title.

From what I understand, it isn't more, it's just different content...

...including some games we wanted more than some of the stuff that was in CCC.