TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin MacPhisto

Best band you don't own any albums by.

Until today, it was probably the Talking Heads for me. Fear of Music took care of that. Bands you've never heard count, but so do bands you know, love, and just don't own.

The last band I fell in love with without owning any of their albums was Shadows Fall, and now I own them all.

Soo, uhhh...yeah. I really don't particularly care for too many bands I don't own an album from. Well, The Plasmatics, sorta...but my dad owns the Coup d'Etat album, and I listen to it more than he does.

Guest Anticrombie
Judas Priest.

I'd suggest either Painkiller or Stained Class as your first purchase

I want to get something by Husker Du, Sonic Youth, and The Cure since I've developed an interest in the whole post-punk, alt. scene from the 80's as of late.

And even though I've been kinda bored with metal lately, I really need to get something by Diamond Head.

Up until 2 months ago, Broken Social Scene.

Currently, Death Cab For Cutie, Coldplay, Metric and The Beatles. Hopefully i'll have those covered by Christmas.

Actually, thinking a little harder, it was probably the Kinks. In that case, it still is.

Also, C-Bacon, jesus christ if you buy a Coldplay album before you get Revolver and Abbey Road I'll shoot you in the knees.

Notable artists (to me) whose albums I don't own:

- Billy Idol

- CCR

- Elton John

- Guns n Roses

- Kinks

- Marvin Gaye

- Pearl Jam

- Public Enemy

Jay-Z, Elvis Costello, Pixies, REM, Wilco, and Pink Floyd were on that list for a while, but I picked up at least a greatest hits from all of them recently.

I can never be bothered to get much 'classic' stuff, always seems like 'oh that'll always be there, but I've never seen this much more obscure release anywhere before..'

Seconded.

For me, it's either Marvin Gaye or N.W.A.

Duran Duran-I love all their 80s top hits, their 90s and beyond stuff is decent enough, I just don't own anything by them.

Red Hot Chili Peppers-I like these guys, but not enough to own an album

The Offspring-same as RHCP

I can never be bothered to get much 'classic' stuff, always seems like 'oh that'll always be there, but I've never seen this much more obscure release anywhere before..'

Seconded.

Thirded

Plus there's always (naughty) P2P access