TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Thread for 08.08.05

Waaaaaaaaait a second. Just realized...

Raw in Montreal next week...

HBK vs. Hogan

Rumors of the special referee...

Mention of Bret Hart tonight by Hogan...

...will this all add up to what I'm thinking it's going to add up to?

Waaaaaaaaait a second.  Just realized...

HBK vs. Hogan

Probably nothing.

Waaaaaaaaait a second.  Just realized...

HBK vs. Hogan

If they tease us with an Anthology commercial again I will be PISSED.

Yeah, even though this show as a whole was the shits, I can't lie when I say I am already pumped for next week's Raw if it is in fact from Montreal, from how they played up Hart here in that interview. I'm 99 percent sure there wont be a Bret Hart appearance but I will cross my fingers for that one percent to follow through! Can't help it....

And the streak of horrible Raws continues...

I know it's been said for the past few weeks, but can the build for Cena-Jericho get any more cliched? Oh no, the evil GM "unpredictably" made the handicap match for next week! Seriously, when is Bischoff going to name himself as the referee for the PPV?

Who did Shelton Benjamin piss off to get this kind of treatment. Ever since the week before Vengeance, Benjamin has been BURIED. Technically, he's 2-2 with Carlito, but I wouldn't really call a countout and DQ wins since he didn't get the job done of getting back his mid-card title. Their feud is apparently finished, considering they've had no interaction the past two weeks. So, Shelton loses a handicap match to Masters one week. Fine. His team won last week, but it was really Big Show that won the match, as Shelton was destroyed by Masters & Snitsky for that isolation period. Tonight, he loses to the Masterlock, again? Okay, WWE, we get the point... Shelton Benjamin sucks.

At least the Diva Search is over next week. Nothing horribly offensive this week. THEY SURE NEVER PLANNED ON BEING HIT IN THE FACE WITH A PIE!!!!!11

It was probably already mentioned, but I guess Hogan wants to get his job back from Angle next week? Speaking of Angle, I loved hearing the crowd tear into Eugene. Just awesome.

I thought Edge's promo was actually really good, and that'd be the highlight of the night. I'll just add that main event interviews really suck.

Oh, and I still wish that Bruno Sammartino would have come out for the Eugene Invitational just before Angle started the match.

Can you imagine Angle's reaction to seeing Bruno take "his match" away from him like that?

Guest JMA
Michaels is going to need earplugs...he's going to get the SHIT booed out of him.

You KNOW Hogan knew they'd be in Montreal next week. Just a brilliant move on his part.

My thoughts on Raw

the good

-The HBK-Hogan confrontation. This may be the first time I have ever cheered for Hogan. He really did a great job. Sure, Michaels was good, but Hogan, with his mentioning of Montreal and the "Lost Smile", stole the show

-Lawler gets knocked out.

-Edges promo.

-Victoria's outfint. B-ooo-iii-ng.

The bad

-Diva search.

-Cena's music video. All the sudden, Insane Clown Posse almost look like musical brilliance.

-Matt Hardy. Sure, the crowd may have turned against him, but I turned against him a while back.

-Shelton Benjamin jobbing. Why are they doing this to the guy?

-Just about everything else.

Next week is at Montreal. Now this should be interesting.

Can someone explain the "lost smile" reference to me?

Michaels faked an injury to get out of jobbing the title to Bret at Wrestlemania 13, and gave a lame promo saying he "lost his smile" and needed to go away for a while to find it. The crowd even back then shit all over it.

Far as the Cena bashing goes...man...just so many labels & stereotypes being thrown around...startin to feel sick...

*Leaves thread wishing society will eventually get to the point where what you do will not be critisized based upon the color of your skin*

Guest *KNK*
Can someone explain the "lost smile" reference to me?

Wow.

This is a very significant part in Wrestling history.

WM13 was originally booked for Shawn Vs Bret in a rematch. Bret was booked to go over.

Shawn refused to do this. So did he bother lay down and move the title over at least?

No.

literally days before a In Your House ppv, on a special thursday edition of raw...Shawn forfieted the title because he "lost his smile" (meaning didnt have the desire)

Clearly it was a chickenshit move from Shawn to avoid doing the job. He got out of it and also claimed a knee injury as well which was pretty much fake.

Because of this, they had to put the title on Bret and then put it on Sid the next night.

completely changing the card for Mania and giving us the worst main event in Mania history.

Who did Shelton Benjamin piss off to get this kind of treatment. Ever since the week before Vengeance, Benjamin has been BURIED. Technically, he's 2-2 with Carlito, but I wouldn't really call a countout and DQ wins since he didn't get the job done of getting back his mid-card title. Their feud is apparently finished, considering they've had no interaction the past two weeks. So, Shelton loses a handicap match to Masters one week. Fine. His team won last week, but it was really Big Show that won the match, as Shelton was destroyed by Masters & Snitsky for that isolation period. Tonight, he loses to the Masterlock, again? Okay, WWE, we get the point... Shelton Benjamin sucks.

Benjamin has officially become the black version of Jericho because WWE has buried him beyond belief lately. This fucking sucks.

Next week in Montreal will probably be some of the loudest boos ever in wrestling when HBK shows up there for sure.

Guest RadioBurning
MY GOD

Bischoff can't throw a fake punch, unless he was trying to fake slap him..in which that was the worst too..

At first, I thought he was just gesturing intensely. Maybe going for a finger point vibe.

Guest Prodigy

Hey thanks for the explanation guys. Sorry that I didn't know it at first, but I was oh, maybe 7, 8 when it happened.

Tried to watch this show, but I gave up pretty early on and only caught the last interview. It was good, and Hogan bringing up how Shawn screwed Bret was cool, but did he forget about a little event called WrestleMania IX?

Hogan's charisma is off the charts though, and he really showed that tonight.

Well I dunno so much if Cena's color has much to do with the video. It was just a lame song and lame video for a variety of reasons. Mainly due to it taking whatever edge Cena had left away. I remember ranting on Cena's lack of serious street cred being from West Newbury, MA and from what I saw in that video it looks like a nice, small New England town around Boston. Add to it his lame buddies and the whole thing came off as poseur cheese. I noticed the live crowd wasn't thrilled with it either.

That said, the first hour at least was pretty decent...at least it had wrestling. I dunno why but I marked out for Rob Conway's 2% body fat, maybe because I've been watching these old Lex Luger WCW shows and found it funny.

I too am puzzled though at why Shelton is being jobbed out so mercilessly. What does this even mean for the IC division? Is there an IC division??

I kinda enjoyed the Angle/Eugene thing tonight but wished Kurt hadn't lapsed back into a heel after playing to the crowd. How sad is it though that friggin EUGENE is getting major SS matches two years in a row, one vs. HHH and this vs. Angle? And he has about as good a chance now as he did then.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Shawn getting trashed next week in Montreal.