TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Am I the only one disgusted at the Lynn release with such little fanfare? The guy carried the company in its infancy in 2002, busting his ass in awesome matches that truly defined that early TNA product and the X Division.

I would be if it wasnt for the fact he actually asked for his release.

The problem isn't necessary Tenay the problem is whoever is in charge telling him to act that way on camera. So, uh, blame Russo, yeah that's the ticket!

Everything that is wrong about wrestling is Russo's fault apperantly.

Note to those who want to find out what Dustin Rhodes' new look is: Do not do a Google image search for Black Reign.

Easier and safer to go to TNApics.com and look in Hard Justice. The look is there. It's not going to get over at all but it's actually got a nice little Japanese flair to it that I like. Like something The Great Muta might have been wearing.

You are usually tempting fate when you do a google image search anyway.

Note to those who want to find out what Dustin Rhodes' new look is: Do not do a Google image search for Black Reign.

Easier and safer to go to TNApics.com and look in Hard Justice. The look is there. It's not going to get over at all but it's actually got a nice little Japanese flair to it that I like. Like something The Great Muta might have been wearing.

Dustin Rhodes: Kabuki Warrior

from Gerweck.net:

Former X-Division champion Samoa Joe has been telling people that he would rather accept an entry level WWE contract (believed to be $50,000 per year), rather than resigning with TNA. Joe is not happy in TNA, and doesn’t want to stay with the company when his current contract expires.

wow if that turns out to be true there goes alot of the reason i would watch TNA

Guest Vincent Vega

Gerweck.net is reporting that Angle will succesfully defend all three belts and then face Jarrett for all three belts at Bound For Glory.

Gerweck.net is reporting that Angle will succesfully defend all three belts and then face Jarrett for all three belts at Bound For Glory.

Because that makes sense...how, exactly?

Bound for Glory is the "big"? PPV? Had no idea. TNA has done a godawful job of specifying which of its shows are more important than others. All I know about their shows is that Lockdown is all in a cage and Slammiversary has the KOTM match.

And for those wondering how TNA will determine Angle's tag team partner next month:

TNA tapes Monday night in Orlando. The first hour main event will be a four-way with Samoa Joe vs. Sting vs. Christian Cage vs. A.J. Styles, with the winner becoming one-half of the TNA world tag team titles, with Kurt Angle. Yeah, I know it doesn't make that much sense. With Joe vs. Cage as a singles match at No Surrender on 9/9, that pretty much leaves Styles and Sting as the possibilities, unless the dreaded changing of directions takes place.

I know it seems obvious that it can't be Joe or Cage because of their match at No Surrender, but we know how TNA loves the pointless swerve.

And for those wondering how TNA will determine Angle's tag team partner next month:

TNA tapes Monday night in Orlando. The first hour main event will be a four-way with Samoa Joe vs. Sting vs. Christian Cage vs. A.J. Styles, with the winner becoming one-half of the TNA world tag team titles, with Kurt Angle. Yeah, I know it doesn't make that much sense. With Joe vs. Cage as a singles match at No Surrender on 9/9, that pretty much leaves Styles and Sting as the possibilities, unless the dreaded changing of directions takes place.

I know it seems obvious that it can't be Joe or Cage because of their match at No Surrender, but we know how TNA loves the pointless swerve.

I think they may even go with Joe or Cage for that point alone. Team Pacman will most likely win the tag belts to get the press. So, if Pacman can't fight, it will be better for Killings to beat two guys who have been fighting matches all night than for a fresh guy to do the job. With Pacman involved, I have a feeling it may be last match of the night. If they don't want to do clean job, Joe can cost Angle or Christian or Christian can cost Joe. It seems more likely than Styles or Sting, although Styles is most likely of the four to get pinned clean.

Isn't the jacket/top he's wearing now the same one he was sporting back in 2005?

Was there ever a reason why The Great Muta showed up a few ppvs back?

Someone needs to tell this website to stop with the random BS rumors about TNA - this same site reported the shit with the X division title being dropped, etc.

In the Observer I just got today in the mail it states it WONT be Jarrett v. Angle at BFG, but another match on top involving Angle. Heavy speculation on Lesnar, which might make sense considering they would probably bring in Sable to counteract Karen Angle, also.

Personal pick for the BFG main event would be Angle v. Lesnar v. Samoa Joe

I was reading the ROH messages boards and I guess JIMMMY RAAAAAAAAAVE~! got signed to a contract. I was trying to find somewhere to confirm it, but I guess Gabe deleted all the threads about it because of the messy split Rave had with ROH.

Hell, that's not fair. Taking such a talented young man like that with so much potential, and sticking him with an absolutely worthless stiff who brings nothing to the table. Hoyt deserves better!

...okay, I overstate somewhat, but what is the fucking big deal about Rave? I've seen his matches in person starting five years ago, and he was an overrated little tool with a bad attitude then and I've seen little to change my mind about him now. Hell, he's worked for the company before, back in Nashville, he was so unmemorable that probably none of you recall it.

Why do the indy guys keep going to that POS promotion knowing full well that their is no way any of them are going to get pushed? Oh well, he'll probably leave them the moment his contract expires.

TNA IMPACT EXPANSION UPDATE

by Mike Johnson

TNA officials told a number of wrestlers at the Impact tapings Monday in Orlando, Florida that the company would be moving into a two hour weekly program this October, so negotiations must be close to or already completed. The smart money is on SpikeTV but TNA did have several rounds of meetings with FOX as well.

Regarding Rave, Russo was apparently the one after him/interested in him, so I suppose there's some type of idea in place.

Jimmy can be a solid, albeit unspectacular worker. He had a cup of coffee with TNA in the Nashville days during the "rotating X division stars of the week" that also included pre-Team Canada Eric Young, Matt Sydal, The Backseat Boyz, and other notable indy talents. Even in ROH, he was nothing more than a decent undercard guy until he turned heel and did a good job in the Embassy angle.

Rave was on fire at the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007. After his loss to Homicide for the ROH title, and getting his jaw destroyed by Nigel in the UK, that was it for him. I like/liked Rave but he's pretty damn inconsistent. He can have a spectacular match one night and a total shitfest the next.

To the post made by Jingus-I've been watching TNA since day one of the Wed night PPV era and I don't remember him at all. Ha.

I remember reading a while back that Russo really likes Rave so maybe TNA could be the right place for him, but then again, it's TNA. I won't lose sleep if Rave gets buried though.

Hey guys, I need some help. I grabbed the Original 3 TNA DVDs while TNA has/had them online, since this probably would be my last chance to get them. Well, they came in today, but I didn't know about it since it said that they wouldn't be in until tommorow. So, I'm out with a friend and my Dad comes home and brings in the package. This is where the fun starts...

My dogs tear the packaging up since he's not home.

Now, the DVDs themselves are, thankfully, ok. But, the covers are NOT, and since I'd actually like to display these, I'm wondering...

Does anyone have these DVDs and would be willing to scan the covers in so I could put them in DVD cases? I've got the blank cases, but I really don't want to put the torn up covers in them.

Help?