TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Worse SNL parodies

There was one that I wonder what they were thinking

When Dennis Miller joined the Monday Night Football crew, SNL HAD to do a bit.

Well Will Farrell ended up doing Dan Fouts, and I guess Fouts is such a straight, no frills, no schtick commentator the only thing Will ended up doing was making Fouts "Captain Obvious" where his comments were the most basic comments of football. Like "Well if the quarterback is able to give the ball to the running back, or throws it to a receiver or tight end, they will score a touchdown!"

Well the audience must have been filled with shills that night because it got quite a few laughs. Either than or they all had no clue who Dan Fouts is and thought that really is what Fouts is like

Steve

I remember wondering why they didn't wait a week because Jimmy Fallon played Miller, but the next week Dana Carvey was hosting and he does a great impression of DM.

I thought that sketch was pretty damn funny actually...one of the few times I've laughed at anything Jimmy Fallon has ever done...

Edited by Black Lushus

I laughed at that Dan Fouts skit.

"I think it's safe to say, Al, that the team that puts the most points on the board will win this football game!"

Actually, the Monday Night team says lots of things like that too.

I've heard Madden say many times something like the following:

"They've really got to run here. They've been having success all day with the running game, and they'll have to keep doing so."

*Play-action pass, first down*

"See, what they did there was really smart!"

Edited by Special K

Whats the deal with the Bee Gees skit with Jimmy Fallon?

didn't Justin Timberlake do that role more than once as well? His own show and when Cameron Diaz hosted? Either way, horrible horrible skit...

yes, justin had a recurring role as one of the brothers. and whats the deal with maya doing dontella versace?

Edited by razazteca

Wasn't SNL, but I saw MadTV try to make fun of Who's Line Is It Anyway. You shouldn't try to make fun of a TV show which is funnier then yours.

Yeah, I said it!

Who's Line > MadTV.

Comparing Mad TV and Who's Line is like watching the Special Olympics.

MadTV= The worst comedy show on TV today. Yes, the worst. Every time I see it on TV, I wish Michael Mcdonald would die a horrible death.

I always loved the skit with Jerry Seinfeld hosting a game show full of stand-up comedians all doing Jerry Seinfeld impersonations.

"And what's the deal with Oprah?"

I always loved the skit with Jerry Seinfeld hosting a game show full of stand-up comedians all doing Jerry Seinfeld impersonations.

"Whats the deal with Gilligans Island? I mean the professor can make a radio out of a coconut, but he cant fix a hole in the damn boat" I loved that one too

Yea, the one with the trident

Shut the fuck up. I hate you. Just because you sit on your ass all day and write your little reviews once a week makes you nothing more than an obsessed fan without a social life.

Didn't you name that one of the best sketches ever in your reviews or something?

Jesus, chill out St. Gabriel. Did Barron fuck your dog or something? I like that sketch too, but Jaysis.

Edit: What are the name of some sketches with whoever doing his Tony Danza impression? That's the only thing I've seen on SNL in two years that's made me laugh, but GOD it made me laugh.

How many Lance Armstrongs would it take to beat Neo in Matrix Reloaded? I say three.

Edited by Special K