TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Fit Finlay -- Is everyone a believer now?

Guest wildpegasus

Fit Finlay

Sure on other wrestling boards people were and are in love with the guy but here on smartmarks there was groaning and skeptism on him coming back at this age to the WWE especially after his WCW leg injury. Now week after week Finlay has proven himself to be the freshest newcomer to the WWE in a long, long time. His fights with Lashley are among the best things Smackdown has done this year, he continues to bring the tough hombre ring presence, his offence is unique as well as credible, he works hard, he continues just like in the past to make his opponent's offence look great and on top of that he's had a couple of ring a ding dong dandy matches since his return. Finlay is on a freaking roll and has proven his naysayers on this board wrong. In fact, some are saying he's among the best in the world right now.

Finlay like Rip Rogers, Marc Rocco and Arn Anderson is the very definition of what professional wrestling is.

My question is this -- Have the Finlay doubters jumped on to the bandwagon yet?

Rip Rogers, is the very definition of what professional wrestling is.

The fact that all the hard work and talent in the world doesunt mean shit if you have bad luck?

I've been with Finlay since his return against Hardy. You can't not love his offense, his character and everything he does. Here's hoping for a Benoit/Finlay US title feud after Mania.

I never really doubted that he could be good, but he certainly passed my expectations. He's been a godsend to a SD midcard that's sustained way too many injuries the past year. If only they'd push Regal now...

Finlay vs. Rey is the tv MOTY, but not the overall MOTY. Let's not forget Angle/UT at NWO too quickly...

Guest Rrrsh

I love his charciter, mannersims and all that. He certanly is fresh, but there are still 10 guys I would rather see in a one on one match on a PPV. Benoit, Rey, Angle, Gibson, Spanky,London, HBK, Benjerman, Edge are all better than him.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I love his charciter, mannersims and all that. He certanly is fresh, but there are still 10 guys I would rather see in a one on one match on a PPV. Benoit, Rey, Angle, Gibson, Spanky,London, HBK, Benjerman, Edge are all better than him.

Shelton has had a really bad couple of weeks when Finlay has been at his best. I mean hideously bad. Two seconds late on everything. Finlay may surpass him soon if this continues.

I want a Regal-Benoit-Finlay 3Way feud over the US Title. Months of entertaining stiff matches.

Make it happen WWE!

I'll admit that when Finlay first returned to WWE I thought he would suck and, at first, I didn't the guy. However, over time, he's grown on me and has proved to be a weekly highlight on Smackdown.

Therefore, consider this former Finlay doubter on the bandwagon.

Fit Finlay -- Is everyone a believer now?

Believer? I KNOW he still rules that ring. Finlay is "WWE rookie of the year" easily. Or maybe he'll fit better as "comeback of the year". Anyway he's my favorite wrestler bar none right now. He's been impressive every week. But I always thought he would do well even though I didnt predict him doing this good.

Chris Benoit, William Regal, and Fit Finaly = The greatest six man tag team combination, ever.

Imagine those three taking on Misawa, Kobashi, and Kawada. Oh my god.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I want a Regal-Benoit-Finlay 3Way feud over the US Title. Months of entertaining stiff matches.

Make it happen WWE!

Bradshaw too.

Finlay is amazing. For a guy of his size he pulls out some awesome moves. He did Ken Kennedy's finisher thingy, great guy.

RVD and Finley need to bring the awesomeness of that spot and multiple it tenfold for the holyshit spot in the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania. I guess I'm the only one that would rather see :fight2: Finlay and Flair :fight2: go 10-15 minutes in a nonstop legends chopfest match than be involved in a gimmick match that is for :bounce: spotfest freaks :bounce: You know Finley vs Flair would of made a better street fight than Mr. McMahon vs HBK.

Benjamin is an average worker with little charisma. Face it.

I defended Finlay several times before he debuted. I knew that if anyone was going to come back from a seven year ring absense (minus the hardcore days) and still manage to step it up a notch, it would be Finlay.

Benjamin is an average worker with little charisma. Face it.

Although Benjamin has resorted to just spot wrestling, he is still a great mat wrestler. Just watch his match with Benoit on RAW 05, he more than held his own in the best display of mat wrestling I've seen since Benoit/Angle.

Benjamin is a great wrestler, but the WWE doesn't want him to be one.

I was a doubter because of his age, but I'm very impressed: A good feud, good work rate and a great character.

Am I on the bandwagon? My MSN name currently reads "My Name Is Collins. And I Love To Fight". I've even convinced my girlfriend Ashley to let me call her Lashley.

I forget to whom it belongs, but Finlay's Fightin Round The World is gold. Money in the bak, if you weeeel.

What's most impressive is the fact that he was actually able to recover from something EVERYONE said was a career ending injury

well everyone but Finaly who no sells injuries and whacks the shit of it for even daring to suggest it ;)

I've always been a supporter of Finlay(even in WCW). I love his rough and tough style. Those kicks to Mysterio looked vicious, and the match overall was the best of the night. The feud with Lashley has also been cool.

Long live Finlay!

I've been a Finlay fan since WCW. I've always praised him as one of the better workers, and everyone called me an idiot.

Guest Bammey

Yeah, Finlay has become a good staple on SD! in recent weeks. His stuff with Lashley is interesting to watch unfold. Finlay comes off as such a bad ass and is pretty stiff in the ring. An addition to SD! and WWE we all needed. Still anticipating a Finlay/Regal match.

Did he get this sort of praise when he was in WCW? I don't remember hearing about him being a standout like some of the others

I don't think anyone who is familiar with Fit Finlay's work through the years is doubting his ability at all, however this is WWE, and the best we can honestly hope for a guy like Finlay is to keep his match-per-week Smackdown status.