TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

These ESPN talking heads who keep claiming Florida deserved the BCS # 2 spot simply because Michigan already had their chance to beat OSU is quite possibly the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

Guest Smues

Ok I know it's just a commercial and all, but fuck. I just saw an ESPN the magazine commercial where some athlete (see he's the athlete cus he's the black one!) turns down a $56 million contract because they wouldn't throw in a free subscription to ESPN the magazine. There's suspension of disbelief, and then there's just fucking stupid. So is the message of the commercial that 56 million dollars isn't enough to afford a year of ESPN the magazine and an mp3 player?

Guest Princess Leena

Besides that ESPN "The" Magazine commercial being not funny in any way, it's like they're purposely putting over a cheap $20 mp3 player over their magazine...

Besides that ESPN "The" Magazine commercial being not funny in any way, it's like they're purposely putting over a cheap $20 mp3 player over their magazine...

I'd rather have the $20 mp3 player, after dealing with three years of those magazines.

Anyone else notice that ESPN has been assigning "win-loss" records to QBs lately? ala a starting pitcher in baseball (which is a worthless stat to begin with) Yes because defense, offense line, skill positions and special teams have nothing to do with winning a football game, it's all the hands of Bruce Gradkowski. LAME. I'm sure the Bears are 10-2 because of Rex Gros... oh wait.

Is it just me or are the always trying to start a QB controversy? Garrard vs. Leftwich, Bledsoe vs. Romo, Green vs. Huard, and Grossman vs. Greise all this year alone.

Not to mention in September when they were trying to stir up all that A-Rod vs. Joe Torre, Derek Jeter, Jason Giambi, and the other 22 Yankees.

Is it just me or are the always trying to start a QB controversy? Garrard vs. Leftwich, Bledsoe vs. Romo, Green vs. Huard, and Grossman vs. Greise all this year alone.

Not to mention in September when they were trying to stir up all that A-Rod vs. Joe Torre, Derek Jeter, Jason Giambi, and the other 22 Yankees.

In their defense, part of their job is to make stories.

No it isn't. It is their job to report the stories, not to stir shit up. Case in point, look at them trying to make a story out of Bobby Knight a couple of weeks ago.

Guest Princess Leena

Try telling that to ESPN with the other zillion people tired of their shit.

Ali Raps. Because ESPN doesn't kiss Ali's ass enough.

That is so true. What the hell does rap music have to do with Ali? Plus Ali is totally overrated. I really hated it when the Olympic Committe issued him another gold medal after he threw his original one into a river. Man, Ali can kiss my ass.

Ali Raps. Because ESPN doesn't kiss Ali's ass enough.

That is so true. What the hell does rap music have to do with Ali? Plus Ali is totally overrated. I really hated it when the Olympic Committe issued him another gold medal after he threw his original one into a river. Man, Ali can kiss my ass.

I did enjoy watching Ali Dozen... that would be a good premise for a classic 1 hour show... you'd show some other boxers 12 most important or best fights and have someone talk about them... of course they would never do that for anyone but Ali. It's bad when ESPN can take one of my favorite figures in sports and make me despise him within half an hour?

When did William Randolph Hearst purchase ESPN?