TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 8 Thread - August/1st/2006.

From PWInsider:

LIVE REPORTS FROM ECW IN NEW YORK CITY

by Mike Johnson @ 10:04:00 PM on 8/1/2006

*Before the show there were chants for New Jack. ECW, Mikey Whipwreck, "John Cena Sucks" and "F Batista."

*They opened the show with a video feature on One Night Stand 2005.

*Balls Mahoney pinned Rene Dupree with the Nutcracker Suite. John Finnegan was the referee. Dupree ripped on the crowd on the mic saying he was raised in a wrestling ring and was better than wrestling in front of NYC. Dupree was good on the mic.

*WWE Tag Team champs Brian Kendrick & Paul London defeated the FBI in a great match - Guido's arm and ribs were taped. Fans chanted, "F you Smackdown." Mike Kehner was the referee. Mamaluke did a senton off the apron to the floor on Nunzio and Kendrick. London did a running flip senton onto all three. Kendrick busted his nose on a clothesline. All four shook hands after. The crowd never gave London and Kendrick a chance but their work was great.

*Rebecca from Diva Search is sitting in one of the balconies.

*Stevie Richards pinned Roadkill with a neckbreakr.

*They played a WWE Diva music video.

*Christopher W. Anderson (CW Anderson, obviously) pinned Shannon Moore with a Samoan Drop, although Moore's shoulder was up. Moore took the mic after the match and said he wasn't going to put his body on the line for the fans and wasn't here to prove a point to the Internet, but to prove he was the best Cruiserweight in the world.

*They did a live cutaway for SciFi. The fans booed when the screen showed a graphic for Batista vs. Big Show.

*They aired a video for WWE visiting troops overseas. The fans popped for that.

The chants and boos are a bunch of garbage, and you people are retarded if you think it's cool or whatever adjective is trendy right now. If those fans want to be a part of the way it was, they should remember the pops wrestlers like Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Brian Pillman, Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Sid Vicious, Bam Bam Bigelow and more got in ECW, AFTER they'd had success in WCW or WWF or both. Do I think Big Show is the best choice as champ? No I don't but blame Van Dam and Sabu for that. You don't have to be a homegrown ECW product to be a part of this promotion...Public Enemy, the Gangstas, Shane Douglas, Rhino, Eddie Guerrero, the Pit Bulls and all your favorites from a decade ago are not coming back...you on here, most of you at least, need to quit acting like 12 year old junior high drama queens and just get over that fact.

I said 5 years ago when Vince bought the rights to ECW that they should restart it, but use a mix of the older guys and up and comers. I don't mind people like CM Punk or even Shannon Moore coming in. I like Mike Knox and Big show in ECW, but what I don't like is someone like Test, a WWE throwaway coming in. And the main event doesn't have to be ECW champ vs WWE main eventer. There are plenty of people that ECW fans cheer for, you can have Tommy, Sandman and Sabu these past few weeks instead of Flair, Taker and Batista.

The chants and boos are a bunch of garbage, and you people are retarded if you think it's cool or whatever adjective is trendy right now. If those fans want to be a part of the way it was, they should remember the pops wrestlers like Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Brian Pillman, Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Sid Vicious, Bam Bam Bigelow and more got in ECW, AFTER they'd had success in WCW or WWF or both. Do I think Big Show is the best choice as champ? No I don't but blame Van Dam and Sabu for that. You don't have to be a homegrown ECW product to be a part of this promotion...Public Enemy, the Gangstas, Shane Douglas, Rhino, Eddie Guerrero, the Pit Bulls and all your favorites from a decade ago are not coming back...you on here, most of you at least, need to quit acting like 12 year old junior high drama queens and just get over that fact.

Calm down, douchebag. Why is it a bunch of garbage? The crowd interaction is what ECW has always been about. If they don't like what they see they let you know. Refreshing, says I. Not like the sheeple who go to Raw or Smackdown. Fantastic stuff, these chants. "Change the Channel"=ratings....wait...

Then why post in a wrestling forum called "Smart Marks".

Seriously, shut the fuck up and move on.

If you don't like what we have to say or chant or whatever... just ignore us all.

Guest The Great Muta

CM Punk never wrestled at an ECW event in his life and he got a standing ovation. Even the Brawler got cheered...

Yea...but even someone like me, who's not really a fan of the old ECW (I never really watched that is). I know that there is a certain type of wrestler they can be accepted in ECW. A guy like CM Punk, has a chance, hell, even a guy like 'Kevin Thorn' Imo at least..has a chance...but then you have, obvious WWE type guys like Batista..where you know if they appear on the show, they're probaly going to get booed. At least if it's in front of a 'real' ECW crowd.

A guy like Big Show, probaly in Old ECW if he had made an appearence would have gotten a pop, but the way things have been done, and the fact he's so obviously WWEised, of course he's gonna get booed.

Agreed 100%

And to say that ECW fans are hypocritical would be a gross understatement. They chant "same old shit" when at the same time, all Sabu does is throw chairs in peoples faces and RVD's matches consist of Rolling Thunder and Five Star Frog Splashes....they seem to hate everything that is WWE but yet they cheer for Kurt Angle? Yeah...it makes a lot of sense. If you ask me, ECW fans are bigger marks than Cena Fans.

Calm down, douchebag. Why is it a bunch of garbage? The crowd interation is what ECW has always been about. If they don't like what they see they let you know. Refreshing, says I. Not like the sheeple who go to Raw or Smackdown. Fantastic stuff, these chants. "Change the Channel"=ratings....wait...

Not to mention that part of the main storyline in ECW right now is WWE vs. ECW, or rather Paul Heyman and his group of "new ECW" guys vs. old ECW originals.

This fan reaction should be played off of, and spotlighted in this main feud.

If you don't think it was cool how the fans changed from TBS/Batista (WWE/new ECW) to Sabu (ECW original), then I don't know what to say. Seems to me like some of you totally missed the fucking point, and instead want a straight up RAW or SD.

most of you at least, need to quit acting like 12 year old junior high drama queens and just get over that fact.

The fans are not the only people acting like high school drama queens.

Big Show to a guy in the crowd as he's climbing up the ropes: "How's your wife and my kids?"

Nice old school cheap heat.

I think he was actually enjoying the spectacle of it all after a while. By the way, the girl in the front row covering her eyes, then looking up to the ceiling and clearly yelling "Why, God, why?" was funny too.

Agreed 100%

And to say that ECW fans are hypocritical would be a gross understatement. They chant "same old shit" when at the same time, all Sabu does is throw chairs in peoples faces and RVD's matches consist of Rolling Thunder and Five Star Frog Splashes....they seem to hate everything that is WWE but yet they cheer for Kurt Angle? Yeah...it makes a lot of sense. If you ask me, ECW fans are bigger marks than Cena Fans.

ECW fans want to cheer for ECW, it's that simple.

So who is going to go up against Show next week. Are they going to have RVD return and demand a title shot, or is Sabu going to finally get his chance.

Calm down, douchebag. Why is it a bunch of garbage? The crowd interaction is what ECW has always been about. If they don't like what they see they let you know. Refreshing, says I. Not like the sheeple who go to Raw or Smackdown. Fantastic stuff, these chants. "Change the Channel"=ratings....wait...

It's a bunch of garbage for the reasons I said. Did you read the report where London and Kendrick never got a chance? What's the point of that? Don't they like wrestling? If so, you can barely get better than those two. And yeah, insult the average fans who keep the shows on the air, I'm sure they wish they were superior like so many here.

Guest The Great Muta
TBS dealt with it just fine, but Batista, man what a tool tonight.

Yeah, Batista should have known that walking into an ECW show would be like entering a pit of fire. He did not know what to do with himself at all. All he did was get pissed off and want to fight a kid in the crowd...

I think Big Show gets to squash an ECW veteran like a Sandman or Dreamer type for no other reason than Vince McMahon getting his jollies and saying "F-U" the ECW faithful for shitting on tonight's show. It's petulant and completely unnecessary, which means it's also totally in character for him.

So who is going to go up against Show next week. Are they going to have RVD return and demand a title shot, or is Sabu going to finally get his chance.

I'd continue to push TBS, and expend the "new" vs. "original" ECW feud. Maybe keep TBS as champ for another month or two, and really have a slow build. A slower build will really put over whoever it is that finally beats the guy, and that's the way it should be.

Then from there, then start the big build to the ECW PPV, involving RVD/Sabu/Angle, and other guys like that.

The Big Show loved it out there

Batista has been over with all the Smackdown fans and coming into a situation like this made him feel sort of like Cena but it wasn't quite the Cena reaction

"Change the Channel"

"You Both Suck"

"Boring"

The first half hour was great... I wouldn't be shocked if the ratings dropped after the first half hour but more likely that didn't happen

Guest J0bber

Agreed 100%

Sad but true. ECW fans need to get over their white trash selves.

The thing that really bothers me is that some people continue to watch Raw already saying it's going to suck and after posting 56000 posts saying how much last week's Raw sucked and how this week's is going to be even worse. IF you hate the product that the WWE is putting out right now, then why do you continue to watch it? Same with the ECW fans....they know that these shows are going to be toned down a tad to fit the WWE style...if they don't want to see that, then dont fucking watch the show or attend the events...its that simple.

It's a bunch of garbage for the reasons I said. Did you read the report where London and Kendrick never got a chance? What's the point of that? Don't they like wrestling? If so, you can barely get better than those two. And yeah, insult the average fans who keep the shows on the air, I'm sure they wish they were superior like so many here.

213132_GoofyGremlin.gif

You don't get it, it's funny. It's ECW fans, wanting to cheer for ECW. They cheer the old ECW guys, guys like Punk who have no ties to WWE, and even Angle since he's just so fucking good. They book TBS and Batista because they stand for what WWE is all about, and even more so their match as a whole. They book Kendrick/London because they're the WWE Smackdown TAG TEAM CHAMPS, they are totally WWE. They were booing where they are from, WWE, not the workers.

My God.

TBS dealt with it just fine, but Batista, man what a tool tonight.

Yeah, Batista should have known that walking into an ECW show would be like entering a pit of fire. He did not know what to do with himself at all. All he did was get pissed off and want to fight a kid in the crowd...

Did I miss something? I was thinking the opposite. I figure in a situation like that, you just continue to do your job, and actually, ignore it. Which is what I thought Batista was doing. (although, you could see he was pissed haha, but he still taunted and everything even though they were booing him). I thought it was a thing taught backstage, that it's wrong to 'disrespect' the crowd, even when they're disrespecting you. And even though Big Show was the heel, he looked like he was going beyond the call of duty.

Sort of how Lesnar was looked down upon at WMXX. But hey..maybe that's just me.

I'd continue to push TBS, and expend the "new" vs. "original" ECW feud. Maybe keep TBS as champ for another month or two, and really have a slow build. A slower build will really put over whoever it is that finally beats the guy, and that's the way it should be.

Then from there, then start the big build to the ECW PPV, involving RVD/Sabu/Angle, and other guys like that.

I think what is going to happen.

Heyman gives Sabu the shot at SummerSlam and Show wins with help from Heyman. That pushes the "new" ECW vs "old" ECW and then the storyline moves on to the December PPV with Show dropping the title back to RVD in a three-way-dance with Show vs RVD vs Sabu with RVD and Sabu as the last two and RVD pinning Sabu then shaking his hand afterwards.

The thing that really bothers me is that some people continue to watch Raw already saying it's going to suck and after posting 56000 posts saying how much last week's Raw sucked and how this week's is going to be even worse. IF you hate the product that the WWE is putting out right now, then why do you continue to watch it? Same with the ECW fans....they know that these shows are going to be toned down a tad to fit the WWE style...if they don't want to see that, then dont fucking watch the show or attend the events...its that simple.

Honestly, what are you trying to prove? Do you think people will actually listen?

The thing people need to understand is The Big Show doesn't draw nearly as much "Go Away" Heat, when he is actually taking on good workers. See his matches against RVD and Flair. During those matches the crowd accepted him just fine as a heel, however when the Big Show is up against other slugs who can't do much to carry Big Show to a decent match, the crowd knows it and doesn't want to see it.

It's one thing to go and put the belt on The Big Show, but it's quite another thing for every week, some random WWE big guy just getting a shot at the ECW title for no reason, when they aren't even taking the time on WWE programming anymore to even setup a REASON why these guys are getting the title shot.

Also, lets cool it with the "ECW fans are white trash" because the last time I checked, Prowrestling fans as a whole have plenty of white trash representation.