TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

New Evanescence Song

Well, Evanescence has a new song. Amy Lee either broke up with Shaun Morgan or is extremely pissed at that dude. It's not half bad, but only because I'm into Amy Lee's voice and was a big fan of the first album.

Thoughts?

I thought it was pretty obvious this song was about ben moody. or what ever his name is.

yeah...I like it. although it does sound like more of the same.

I enjoy it, but it's not wowing me or anything. Hopefully the upcoming album will be decent, as I did enjoy the first album. How much of the first album's quality was due to Moody, though? Please, no snickering, that's a serious question. No matter what your personal opinions on Evanescence's "quality" may be, you have to admit that whatever you thought of the first album, things could REALLY go south with this one if Moody was a significant factor in its success.

I saw this 'bout 2 weeks ago online. I really liked the first album, but she sounds strange in this one, the song isn't as good as ones on their 2003 hit CD, and Lacuna Coil totally blows Evanesence away and I only have room for one gothic-opera-rock female singer in my life.

Never really liked Evanescence.

Any and all rock "diss" tracks should have the prefix of fuck, such as "Fuck Ted Nugent".

Honestly, people talking about fucking Evanescence on this board makes no sense to me. At least it's not another "who runs the rap game" thread.

I like how lovecraft231 went from a modest, almost apologetic "never really liked Evanescence" to getting with all the cool dudes a few posts later. Kid's the board's biggest suck-up.

I always try.

Evanescence made a diss track. Lovely.

Ain't it though? I hope pointless fueds break out between bands nobody gives a fuck about, then Fred Durst can come in a diss all of them and claim he fucked all the bitches involved.

I'd be entertained by that.

Guest Felonies!

I nominate all variants of "run the rap game" get the teddy bear treatment.

Evanescence made a diss track. Lovely.

Ain't it though? I hope pointless fueds break out between bands nobody gives a fuck about, then Fred Durst can come in a diss all of them and claim he fucked all the bitches involved.

I'd be entertained by that.

Fred Durst is still around?

I like it but i thought Evanescence was a christian band?

I don't think they're a Christian band, certainly not many Christian bands I think record a live show where their lead singer drops multple F bombs. Now...the band is probably from a Christian background, I believe they're from Alabama, and they make references to it in songs like Torniquet where they use what sounds like a prayer in the lyrics, but on the other hand they're not constantly praising God or anything. Just referencing their background and culture, I think. U2's made a lot more references to Christianity over their career and I've never heard anyone call them a Christian band. I think Evanesence was originally marketed as a Christian band, though. I guess it's up to you to decide, the Best Buy I work in doesn't put them in the Contemporary Christian section, they're in Rock.

IMO, the only good, or at least decent christian band is Starflyer 59.

Evenesence is a Christian rock band. They are on Scott Stapps record label (Whindup Records, or something like that).

As far as the band goes, they are not very good. Lacuna Coil blows them out of the water, and forget about comparing them to Nightwish (before Tarja left). Nightwish would play circles around them.

That being said, Amy Lee is hot.