Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Ok..picture this:

Raw Old Commentary Team: Styles and Lawler

Smackdown Old Commentary Team: Cole and Tazz

ECW Commentary Team: Styles and Tazz

Smackdown New Commentray Team: Cole and Bradshaw

Raw New Commentary Team: Lawler and JR

Suppose ECW dies (likely). Does that mean we won't be seeing Tazz or Joey commentating anymore, or will Bradshaw go back to wrestling?

I think Styles would definitely be gone from commentary since McMahon did not like his style very much. I would speculate that Tazz would go back to Smackdown! and JBL would return to the ring as either a wrestler/manager. However, if Styles and Tazz or either one of them went back to RAW or SD! wouldn't the WWE have to rewrite a storyline to put them back into that job since both quit to go to ECW? Seems like headaches all around if the new ECW fails.

When ECW ends this year(yes it will FAIL).....

Joey Styles will probaly just work part time for WWE/ and do the 24/7 thing.

There is no doubt in my mind Tazz would rejoin Cole...they had very good chemistry. I expect JBL to stay on board and see how the three man team works out. If it doesn't work out.....Tazz/JBL would probaly wrestle for the spot as one of the voices of Smackdown..

Meltzer:

--Smackdown did a 2.7 on the fast nationals, it's best mark in a long time. New York and Los Angeles went live, so this is going to be very close to the final number. For all those guys who got mad at Batista talking about the ratings and such when he was gone, for his first week back, he made a 0.3 difference, which is a hell of a lot.

JBL was on Fox News Channel's Cavuto on Business show this morning and argued with Ben Stein about North Korea. Stein said the U.S. needs a draft to handle a potential showdown with North Korea, saying our military is already spread too thin. JBL said the draft would be a terrible idea (no doubt from his experience on Smackdown always getting the shaft) and the U.S. needs more strategic defenses and money should be spent on improving the Patriot Missile Defense System.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

Right, Dave. I'm sure JBL's thinking about his wrestling brands lack of promotion when discussing the possibility of nuclear war.

JBL was on Fox News Channel's Cavuto on Business show this morning and argued with Ben Stein about North Korea. Stein said the U.S. needs a draft to handle a potential showdown with North Korea, saying our military is already spread too thin. JBL said the draft would be a terrible idea (no doubt from his experience on Smackdown always getting the shaft) and the U.S. needs more strategic defenses and money should be spent on improving the Patriot Missile Defense System.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

Right, Dave. I'm sure JBL's thinking about his wrestling brands lack of promotion when discussing the possibility of nuclear war.

Hey, remember 9/11 was almost as bad as Vince getting put on trial over steriod charges...you never know with these WWE types.

Chesapeake Man Claims Injury By WWE Wrestler

A Chesapeake man says he had a run-in with a WWE wrestler and came away with an injured arm.

The incident took place last Sunday night after a WWE Raw house show at Norfolk Scope.

27-year-old Jason Wilson spotted two WWE Superstars in a car, waiting at a red light.

Wilson says Women's Champion Mickie James gave him an autograph, but "Kenny" ripped his sign, and gave him a shoulder strain.

"I always got autographs by male and female wrestlers. And they've always been polite. He was the only one who acted that way," said Wilson in an interview at his Chesapeake home.

Kenny is 20-year-old Ken Doane, a tag-team champion who plays the role of an evil male cheerleader. Wilson says Kenny held onto his sign after the traffic light turned green.

"That's when it ripped in the end and fell on the ground," said Wilson. "And it's not my fault he did what he did. I'm innocent and I'm going to take a warrant out. And nobody's going to stop me over my dead body!"

Wilson's doctor and diagnosed him with a left shoulder strain. He's now on medication.

Wilson called World Wrestling Entertainment. Gary Davis, Vice President for corporate communicaitons, says the company offered Wilson autographed photos but Wilson refused and asked for money. That's when WWE asked for a written report.

The company is also standing behind 'Kenny', saying the only contact he made was when Mickie James signed the poster. They don't know how Wilson got hurt.

Wilson says he knows the difference between real and fake and believes Kenny did more than just play his character.

"I just do. I feel the way I do because he was real. And not just he ripped my poster, which is a misdemeanor, but then he hurt my arm and shoulder," said Wilson.

Wilson has been in touch with Scope management. He also plans to go to the Norfolk magistrate's office tomorrow to try to get a misdemeanor charge.

Link: http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=512...mp;nav=ZolHbyvj

What kind of person has that kind of grip to hold onto a sign so hard that a car speeding away with it would cause a shoulder strain? I'm thinking it would slip out of my hand/i'd let it go long before i'd be in the position to be injured.

"I'm gonna get a warrant! AIN'T NO STOPPING ME NOW!"

The light turned green and they had to drive away. It sounds more like the guy was holding onto the car trying to get more attention from them than anything else. If they had a driver then he might have just pulled away without realising the guy was there. Or if Kenny was driving I'm not sure how he would be holding the guy's poster at the same time.

Someone explain to me what this MTV wrestling fed is suppose to be. Is it a lame reality show to find a wrestler? Is it a new organization?

I don't get why MTV is trying to get back into pro-wrestling.

From PWInsider:

7/8 ECW RESULTS FROM RACINE, WI

by Dave Scherer @ 1:32:00 AM on 7/9/2006

Brent Strassburg sent this report.

The sold out Racine Civic Center held around 1500 people and a little more than half of the crowd were ECW fans while the rest were families that seemed extremely out of place and not into the show except for when wrestlers like the Big Show would appear.

Justin Roberts came out to not nearly the heat he faced on the East Coast and welcomed us to ECW. He announced for those in attendance that RVD has been suspended for 30 days by Paul Heyman and the main event for tonight would feature Big Show defending his newly won ECW Championship against Sabu in an "Extreme Rules" match.

Al Snow opened he show facing Stevie Richards.

Lots of "Head" chants with some "bWo" and "Right To Censor" chants before the match began. It took several minutes for Stevie to enter the ring as Al Snow would try to attack him with Head. The ending of the match featured the referee getting knocked down in the corner and Al Snow used Head as a foreign object to strike Stevie Richards in the head for the 1-2-3. This was actually a pretty boring match and kind of a down way to start off the show.

Doug and Danny Basham vs. Full Blooded Italians

The Bashams got a majority of the offense in but Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido pulled off the victory after Tony Mamaluke delivered a Sicilian leg sweep off the second rope.

Next was the "Vixen Best Body Match" with Francine facing off against Kelly Kelly. Both were wearing some very skimpy bikinis which I'm sure upset the parents bringing their tweens to the event. Even though Francine was looking like it was still 2000, the fans for some reason supported Kelly Kelly guiding her to victory in this epic contest.

After, the match Francine attacked Kelly Kelly which lead to Mike Knox coming down to the ring to check on his person "expeditionist." The chairless Balls Mahoney then came down to the ring for a match against Mike Knox.

The fans were clearly behind Balls with lots of "Balls" and "We Want Chairs" chants while Mike Knox got some "You Can't Wrestle" chants. Mike Knox ended up with the victory after reversing the Nutcracker Suite into his reverse cutter finishing move.

The next match was a "Dueling Canes" match between none other than Justin Credible and The Sandman. Justin Credible came out to his old WWE them but still got some good applause and cut a promo saying, "To quote a great lyricist, despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage." He promised to show the fans in attendance just how extreme he can be and ended with the usual "And that's not just the coolest, and that's not just the best, that's Justin Credible." The fans support dwindled as The Sandman made his appearance to his crappy generic music. He did his usual entrance making his way around the building and drinking beers and busting himself open along the way. The match featured a great Pirates of the Carribean-esque cane fight sequence and a beautiful Heinekenrana off the top rope. The match ended with The Sandman hitting the White Russian Leg Sweep for the victory.

Next we took a brief intermission, which lasted about 20 minutes.

After the break, Roadkill came out to face CM Punk. CM Punk came out to his regular AFI theme song and was definitely over with the crowd chanting his name. Roadkill got a "You F*** Sheep" chant which he acknowledged by nodding his head as in to say "You're right." CM Punk won the match after forcing Roadkill to tap in his Anaconda Vice maneuver. Roadkill left to a nice ovation.

Before the next match, Tommy Dreamer came out and said that the WWE suits just think of ECW as a little company that has a few fans in Philadelphia and New York and doesn't recognize the nationwide support of the company. He thanked the fans for supporting ECW and making ECW One Night Stand compete with Wrestlemania on the pay-per-view and home video charts and hopes that one day Wrestlemania will be number 2. He mentioned all the talent that ECW brought in like Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko who was pointed out as sitting on a stage near the entrance ramp.

Tommy's opponent Test came out to some major heat. Tommy made the point that the new ECW stars would have to prove themselves to get the respect of the fans and thus began our next match. The two actually worked a pretty entertaining match inside and outside of the ring. The match ended with Tommy Dreamer having test up for the Spicoli driver, but Test grabed the referee for leverage to escape the hold and then pushed Dreamer into the exposed turnbuckle set up earlier in the match. Test finished it off with the big boot and the Test Drive for the pin. Tommy left to a "Thank You Tommy" chant while he threw his t-shirt to some handicapped kids in the balcony area.

Justin Roberts announced that ECW would be returning to Racine on October 28.

The main event for the night was up as Big Show came out to the ring first to a mixture of cheers and boos, but mostly boos. After the Big Show came out the lights turning off in the building while Sabu snuck into the ring, it was nice to see that again. They put on a fairly decent match with a couple of cool spots like Big Show's huge fallaway slam on Sabu. Sabu nailed a bulldog to the Big Show through a table set up in the corner. Big Show ended up winning the match after delivering a chokeslam through a table. Sabu left to a "Thank You Sabu" chants.

It was very interesting to see how the fans in attendance would react to the ECW wrestlers and it was a very "east coast" like response with praise going towards all of the old ECW stars and hatred towards all of the WWE guys brought in to the company. It was a very fun night of extreme action in Racine and I look forward to them making their return on October 28.

Top Pops

1. Tommy Dreamer

2. Sabu and CM Punk

3. The Sandman

Top Heat

1. Test

2. Mike Knox

3. Big Show

Eric Heide sent this report.

We already knew the new ECW was a different breed than what we had in the 90s, however, I maintained hoped that my home town would fill a void that was left lingering. Unfortunately, the crowd was less than half 'old school" ECW. I have been to several Ring of Honor events in Chicago and this "ECW product" was sub-par compared to the line-up that Gabe produces. I wanted to believe that ECW would thrive in an "old school" territory, but I have to realize the old "ECW" is dead. The new product is too tainted for me to enjoy and I only have memories from Chicago and the Eagles' Ballroom in Milwaukee to reminisce on. I will attend the next ECW in October, but my viewpoint will be different. Balls Mahoney, Steven Richards, Al Snow, and Tommy Dreamer fed off the crowd, which was definitely WWE-biased. These fans are idiots and should attend an ROH card to understand how much fun a wrestling event can be. "E-C-Dub" will live forever, but McMahon isn't offering an ECW product. All the "old school" wrestlers did their best to present a quality product and I thank them for that.

Card Line-up

-------------------------

Al Snow vs Steven Richards

This was one of the most fun matches of the night. Both of these wrestlers played off the crowd for the brief time they were allowed in the ring. Al Snow won when he hit Richards with "head". Richards had done a great job of gaining heat throughout the match by playing the cowardly heel.

Bashams vs FBI

Since when are the Bashams part of ECW? There are two good things to report in this match, the Bashams were harassed constantly and the FBI won (no Big Guido).

Sandman vs Justin Credible

Both men received their applause (Sandman needs "Enter Sandman"). The match was fine but far below the old "EWW style" match. Any descent bump received an "ECW" or "holy shit" chant which irritated me. I almost gagged, realizing my memories of ECW were just that (damn you Vince).

Francine vs Kelly

I hate Kelly!!!! Put that s**t on RAW or Smackdown. She is only eye-candy and Francine looked hot!!!

Mike Knox vs Balls Mahoney

You-Know-Who made the save (again) and then the match started. Balls got a huge reception and was plugging their return on October 28th. I told Balls that I would provide a positive write-up for him and this is it. The crowd was into him more than any other wrestler. Every time he hit Knox, the "BALLS" chant erupted. Under the original "ECW", this match would have been fun.

Roadkill vs CM Punk

This was a fun match and the crowd was completely behind Punk (it will be interesting to see what they do with him on TV). As we all know, CM Punk is a franchise waiting to happen (as long as "creative" leaves him alone). Roadkill received a lot of attention (much deserved), and the match had a flow to it. Unfortunately, I have seen CM Punk in ROH and I am used to longer matches. The match was good, but it didn't showcase all of his abilities. CM Punk is the next superstar behind Samoa Joe.

Tommy Dreamer vs Test

Emotional speech from Dreamer (I would follow him anyway...) We all knew what was going to happen in this match, but at least Dreamer received a nice reception. Even after he lost, he received the "Thank you Tommy" chants. Test looked like sh*t and Tommy carried him throughout the match. Test has "X-Pac heat" and I hope he is gone soon.

Sabu vs Big Show

The crowd was into Sabu, but everyone knew Big Show was going to win somehow. In the "old ECW" (I hate defining that), you never knew who was going to win, but in "McMahon's world" it is a given. Big Show won with a B.S. choke slam on a chair that was not "believable" by ECW standards.

Maybe Vince has won because I will attend the next ECW show, but it's to support the original ECW wrestlers, not these "3rd-tier" RAW wrestlers.

Long live ECW, and Vince...you're an as*hole (X-Pac heat). You've ruined something that would have made you a lot of money.

I wish all the "original ECW wrestlers" nothing but the best.

Shaun Nelson sent this report.

Few notes from tonight's ECW Live in Racine, WI:

Not that I was expecting a whole lot, but the 'ECW' house show tonight was pretty bad. The setup of the hall sucked. The security guys had no idea where seats were and there was no way to get to the bathrooms/concessions without stepping in front of the first row.

About 10-12 'boring' chants, a couple 'this show sucks' and when they announced the next Racine date a small 'don't come back' chant.

Quick rundown:

Snow d. Richards

FBI d. Bashams

Kelly d. Francine in a bikini contest

Knox d. Balls

Sandman d. Credible (dueling canes)

Punk d. Roadkill via submission

Test d. Dreamer

Show d. Sabu (extreme rules title match)

I feel like I missed something in the middle, but obviously nothing huge.

'Roids' chants for Test, 'Marijuana' chants for Sabu. Tommy was good on the mic, pretty much thanking the fans and pointing out that there were ECW fans outside of NYC and Philly. Punk got a fairly good reaction with a couple ROH chants and a few AFI claps (even though he didn't come out to it).

Well, I guess this answers the whole "Can Punk get over in ECW?" issue. It's not like Wisconsin was a ROH market (only one show was ever held in Wisconsin). Yes, Punk was a midwest staple before ROH made him a major indy star but it's just showing that Punk is more then capable of getting over.

Why do the house shows look somewhat enjoyable while the TV show is complete crap thanks to the "needed" Raw cross-over stuff.

The guy who did the middle report is a complete asshole.

Francine vs Kelly

I hate Kelly!!!! Put that s**t on RAW or Smackdown. She is only eye-candy and Francine looked hot!!!

If ECW dies, please send Tazz to RAW to replace Lawler. JR and Tazz co-announced an interpromotional match once (Royal Rumble, I think?) and not only was Tazz on the ball but it was like JR gained 40 IQ points or something, his announcing wasn't constantly being hindered by having to figuratively tug on Lawler's leash every few minutes.

Jerry "settle down, Beavis" Lawler is the blemish on the WWE announce table, I'm sad to say since I liked the guy once. JR/Tazz on Raw and Cole/Bradshaw on SD would keep things decent, if not very good.

I can just picture Big Show interfering in the Cena-Edge match continuing the ECW/Raw crossover we all enjoy

People should want ECW to succeed if they like C.M. Punk. C.M. Punk will likely be a title contender in ECW, you think WWE would give him that type of push on RAW or Smackdown?

People should want ECW to succeed if they like C.M. Punk. C.M. Punk will likely be a title contender in ECW, you think WWE would give him that type of push on RAW or Smackdown?

I could see a number of roles for him on Raw. I originally envisioned him as a guy in a next-generation DX before I found out that the whole revival was just for Trips and Shawn to briefly forget that they're married and dads and rapidly balding, without ever really passing the gimmick onto anyone new.

CM Punk is deaf?

I don't know much about him.

CM Punk, isn't "deaf". He had severe hearing lost last fall during a match. It's pretty common in wrestling, alot of wrestlers have moderate to severe hearing lost, including Steve Corino who has a pretty well known case of it (There has always been a running gag that Punk's career mirrors Corino's and the hearing lost only pushed that).

There were rumors that Punk was going to get a deaf gimmick but that never actually was confirmed or anything.