TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 73

The Pride acquisition has completely turned me off MMA, and this card has nothing interesting for me.

In fact, the only fight I'd want to see in any organization is Gomi vs. Aoki.

So you think everyone who has been fighting in Pride will just stop fighting period? Save your complaining until that happens.

Basically MMA has always been pretty boring for me. BJJ and wrestling probably are the dominant styles that will win fights with the UFC rules, but that doesn't stop them from being incredibly boring matches to watch.

Guard, half-guard, guard, side-control then 3 seconds of an armlock and the guy taps. Boring as hell. The only reason I liked Pride was all the flair and pomp of the show that came with it.

BJJ and wrestling probably are the dominant styles that will win fights with the UFC rules, but that doesn't stop them from being incredibly boring matches to watch.

Chuck Lidell would like to have a word with you.

BJJ and wrestling probably are the dominant styles that will win fights with the UFC rules, but that doesn't stop them from being incredibly boring matches to watch.

Chuck Lidell would like to have a word with you.

Same with Anderson Silva.

Basically MMA has always been pretty boring for me.

Some people aren't fans of MMA, and yes, some people find it boring. No biggie. Yet you enjoyed Pride, and essentially you're saying that you'd watch it for the spectacle of everything BUT the fights?

That's just weird. That's like going to a baseball game because the $7 hot dogs are good.

Basically MMA has always been pretty boring for me.

Some people aren't fans of MMA, and yes, some people find it boring. No biggie. Yet you enjoyed Pride, and essentially you're saying that you'd watch it for the spectacle of everything BUT the fights?

That's just weird. That's like going to a baseball game because the $7 hot dogs are good.

Maybe he's from here in Pittsburgh, where most people go to baseball games because it's a pretty outdoor bar?

It does strike me as a strange reason to like Pride, there is PLENTY of pro wrestling content out there with all of the spectacle/hype of Pride...

And people get tapped out with arm bars in Pride just as well...the whole argument is goofy.

Maybe he's from here in Pittsburgh, where most people go to baseball games because it's a pretty outdoor bar?

Baseball was a bad example - you don't actually have to watch the game to enjoy yourself at a baseball stadium. I should've said regular season football.

Joslin OUT motherfucking AGAIN due to injury. Replacement will be Drew Fickett.

Hey, Jeff. Fuck off with the repeatedly getting injured shit, huh?

It seems like he's becoming the WW version of David Terrell.

BTW, Canadian LW prospect Mark Bocek will be taking on Frank Edgar as the final fight on this card. Bocek is 4-0 and recently defeated Drew Fickett via points at the ADCC Championships in New Jersey. Card is finalized if that fight gets confirmed.

Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans

Nate Marqurdt vs Anderson Silva

Hermes Franca vs Sean Sherk

Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera vs Heath Herring

Kenny Florian vs Alvin Robinson

Drew Fickett vs Chris Lytle

Jorge Gurgel vs Diego Savaria

Stephan Bonnar vs Mike Nickels

Mark Bocek vs Frankie Edgar

On paper, this is the best UFC card in fucking ages.

Ok, I just saw Boceks name on the UFC website. BEST THING ON THE CARD!!

Too bad it's going to suck watching Edgar pound him, the way you're talking about this Bocek you might commit suidice after the fight.

Well bad news for all the guys that come to my house for the MMAPPVs............

I got 2 tickets to the show fuckers!!! Whooo!!! My parents got them for me for my birthday since it is 5 days after the show......

I'M GOING!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Cocksucker.

Write a report and post it. And have fun. Is this your first MMA show?

Yes it is. The show starts at 4:30 with the PPV going live at 7:00pm.

Try to find the tapout guys and convince them to let you be a member of their crew. Then give yourself a wild nickname like "Shoes", but like, "Shooz", and then always go around holding a tapout branded shoe and point at it. It'd be inyaface.

Do some hotel lurkin'.

Well I know when Wrestling comes to town, they are usually staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.....(my sister used to work there) so I can lurk around their lobby.

the card BTW for UFC 73 accordin to Sherdog:

Main Card:

Nathan Marquardt Vs. Anderson Silva

Hermes Franca Vs. Sean Sherk

Rashad Evans Vs. Tito Ortiz

Alvin Robinson Vs. Kenny Florian

Heath Herring Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Prelim Fights:

Mike Nickels Vs. Stephan Bonnar

Diego Saraiva Vs. Jorge Gurgel

Drew Fickett Vs. Chris Lytle

Mark Bocek Vs. Frank Edgar

Well bad news for all the guys that come to my house for the MMAPPVs............

I got 2 tickets to the show fuckers!!! Whooo!!! My parents got them for me for my birthday since it is 5 days after the show......

I'M GOING!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is why you are a total fuck.

Ced, if you read this, where do you guys go for UFC? I know Players shows PPVs, but they charge a $10 cover.

DA, We'd go to Halfcourt in Rocklin but they do a 10 cover. I know Hooters by Mike's has it for no cover but you have to show up really fucking early.

UFC 76 at Honda Center in Anaheim