TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Who do you want to win the WWE Championship Match at SummerSlam?

Yeah, Orton's been a douchebag in the past, but I think he's stepped his game up this year enough to garner a second chance at being world champion especially after his first reign was soured upon by crap booking.

Plus, I'm sick to death of John Cena with the title.

Thoughts?

I want one of Cena's sneakers to fly off Butters-style into the lighting rig, causing a massive accident that kills everyone in the ring except the referee. Just as Lashley and Khali are doing run-ins, too.

I'm sick of John Cena as the champion, but having Randy Orton as the champion wouldn't be any better.

I liken it to eating shit for two years and then having the chance to drink piss instead.

I'm sick of John Cena as the champion, but having Randy Orton as the champion wouldn't be any better.

I liken it to eating shit for two years and then having the chance to drink piss instead.

Well, if that's the case, then I guess I'm thirsty.

I've always liked both guys a lot, but Cena's superman reign has worn me out. It did so months ago. Orton's one of my favorites and he deserves a real run with the title. Go Randall.

I wouldn't mind Orton being WWE Champion so much if he wasn't such a PR disaster waiting to happen.

"WWE Champion causes $20,000+ damage to European hotel room."

"WWE Champion caught smoking marijuana backstage at show."

It also sets a very horrible example to the other workers. The message is "If WWE has handpicked you for the future, do whatever you want and you won't get fired and eventually the title will be yours."

Well, I would say Orton. He's been booked into the ground every time he got over (moronic face turn, no-hoper against HHH, the career destroying Undertaker feud) and his credibility has taken knock after knock. Being the next John Cena victim would pretty much be the deathknell.

But if the plan is still Cena>Orton>HHH for the title, it's not going to matter anyway. If they're serious about Orton as WWE Champion (a heel WWE Champion), I'm all for it.

Hell, I don't even mind Orton winning the belt, taking on Triple H and beating him the first time, only to win the rematch. At least then Orton can have 2 months or so as champ which is twice as long as his last reign

Cena.

The only thing I hate about him is his character's lame insults that have been in full force lately. Orton on the other hand, I just can't stand. I just don't buy him as a main eventer, nevermind in his role of putting everyone on the sidelines with concussions. Some people on the board are raving about how entertaining his character is. His character is staring into space and then kicking people in the head? Yeah. He just screams upper mid-card to me. But I have to say, if Orton wins the title, he'd better switch back to the old WWE Title, because they seriously can't keep having any heel who wins it keep the belt for the hell of it. It only worked for Edge since he still had months left to feud with Cena.

Shouldn't that be *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*?

But I have to say, if Orton wins the title, he'd better switch back to the old WWE Title, because they seriously can't keep having any heel who wins it keep the belt for the hell of it. It only worked for Edge since he still had months left to feud with Cena.

Oh yes they can, think of the merchandise sales they could make from an ugly 'RKO logo' spinner belt. Or a 'D-X logo' spinner belt, the holy grail of merchandise that kids will force their parents into buying for them.

Cena. I will laugh my ass off if Orton fucks up between now & Summer Slam. He can't be that dumb, can he? Hopefully he can.

Orton I just can't get into. And HHH chasing Orton for the title? Snore.

As an aside, I am not looking forward to HHH & HBK returning. I've been enjoying Raw (as much as 1 can enjoy the show, anyway) since those guys have been gone.

Once HHH and HBK are back, RAW is going to be a pretty full house. Unless RAW goes to 3 hours in the fall, then I can see a few guys contracts "expiring" and head over to Smackdown to even things out a little bit.

Posted this in general discussion and then noticed this thread... So i'll stick it here.

Ok this is how i see it. All of Cena's opponents, barring Edge over the past year have been these "unbeatable" monsters (Khali, Umaga, Lashley - who JR referred to as unbeatable or indestructable or whatever).

I think they could build Orton, even though he may be as thick as a whale omelette in real life, as the smarter guy. Cena can fight, but Orton can out think him. If Orton is made out to be this sick, sadistic heel that will do anything for the win, and uses his brain to out-wit the "better" fighter in Cena, it could be really interesting for me.

give Orton the strap at SummerSlam by somehow outsmarting Cena. Because we can't really buy that Orton is a better wrestler since he's been jobbed out so many times and Cena has beaten countless "unbeatable" opponents, so there has to be a different way to buy into Orton. I think if Orton can keep outsmarting him, and screwing him over as champion, i don't think people will get on Cena's back as much as they do because 1) he wouldn't be the champ, 2) he wouldn't be unbeatable because he'd be FLAWED and 3) he'd be chasing a guy that the crowd (if booked correctly, since Orton is a natural heel) legit hate.

That's basically how I'd do it.

Shouldn't that be *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*?

He's messed up to many times to warrent the other two claps.

they must be hoping to recapture the old days of Steve Austin, Rock and Triple H trading the title around with the occassional Mick Foley/Undertaker thrown in to the mix.

I've honstley been wanting Randy to win the title for a few months now. During the fatal four way, I was pushing for him there and in the Five way at Vengance. Both times I marked out when he hit the RKO. I don't know what it is about him because he's a cunt, but I really want him to win at Summerslam.

But in all honesty, since Kennedy and Booker don't appear to be gettin pushes anytime soon, I couldn't care less about the main event scene on Raw. And with Khali as champ on Smackdown with Batista being his only opposition, I couldn't care less about the main even scene their either. And with Jim Morrison as ECW champ and the constant clean wins over Punk, I couldn't care less about the main event scene on there either. If it was Burke or Monty Brown it would be a different matter.

Mother fuckin' Legend Killer. Dude's been on his game lately, and Cena defeating everybody is making the title picture really stale. With any lucky, HHH/HBK will revive their DX shit when they come back, giving us at least a few months with Orton at the top.

Guest Smues

Cena. I don't like heels winning the belt at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year. But that's just me. Plus HHH would probably rather take the belt off of Cena than Orton because beating the unbeatable superhero champion makes him look better.

Cena/HHH II is the biggest match that this company has left right now and should main event Wrestlemania. I'm not even really watching right now (ever since Smackdown got raped in the draft and the Benoit murders) and Cena/HHH would interest me. Orton as champ would not only be a disaster from an in-ring perspective, but out of it as well. Wasn't Orton outed a few months ago for having been on about eight different kinds of steroids for both man and horse?

Cena. Then give the belt to either MVP or Matt at Mania. I would say Kennedy but these two are both better than him currently, and Punk and Burke need another year to develop and show whether they should be on top.

The only reason Orton would be booked to win at Summerslam is for Triple H's eleventh reign. I'll choose Cena over Orton any day. Yeah, Cena does lame jokes and is directed to kids and girls but I'll take his Rock-lite promos and shitty STF over Orton's 3-minutes chinlocks and "I am Randy Or-ton the legend killer and this is my destiny. Why ? Because I'm Randy Orton." promos. Cena is a much better PR representative of the company than Orton could ever be.

As for who would end Cena's superman reign, who knows ? He's like the face equivalent of Hogan '96-'98 and HHH '02-'03. They have booked him over the last three years to be the only man at the top of the mountain and there is no one remotely even close to be as much as a draw as him. If Cena would lose the title, it would be in a screwy fashion and the other guy would only be a transitional champion. It's like Hogan in the 80's but without a Randy Savage, there isn't a secondary player that would do good business while Cena isn't there and it always be that way unless the booking changes. Until there is another hope in the horizon, and so far there isn't, Cena's the best way to go as the champ.

Cena needs to retain. Orton would be an awesome WWE Champion and it would only be a matter of time before he caused some "RVD being busted with weed" type embarassment for the company. Besides, his true moniker is Randy Orton: Ratings Killer.