TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Brian "Crush" Adams found dead

He definitely wasn't my choice in the who-dies-next pool.

I was related to him as a distant cousin, but never met him.

Still sad.

I too used to be a fan of the guy around 1992-93. Though really he was another guy who did a goofy heel turn that never really worked or panned out, much like Tatanka during that period. It's like everyone who got beat down by Yokozuna did a bad heel turn.

RIP

Update on Brian Adams death

The Tampa police report of the death of Brian Adams was that he was found at 11:30 a.m. today by his wife, not breathing in bed. There was no sign of foul play. A preliminary autopsy will be performed tomorrow.

Honestly, I thought he sucked. His run in the DOA was horrible, he couldn't talk, was bad in the ring, and was the single most overpaid wrestler in the history of WCW. With that said, it's sad that he died.

...and was the single most overpaid wrestler in the history of WCW.

I think that 'honor' probably goes to Scott Norton or Stevie Ray, who were getting around $800,000 per year.

Perhaps, I don't remember exactly what he made, but I remember they paid him a boatload of money to "steal" him from the WWF, even though Vince no longer wanted him, he had never drawn, and showed no signs of being worth shit.

And Jake Roberts outlives another wrestler...

Seriously, though, I liked the face version of Crush from the late 1992 thru 1993 period. I thought his finisher was pretty awesome. He could've been the Hulk Hogan of the 1990s but the WWF chose to go with Luger instead. I never understood the job to Doink @ WrestleMania IX either.

RIP Crush.

Well despite whoever was the most overpaid wrestler we can all agree that as Crush he sported one of the mightiest mullets the wrestling world has ever seen, which is quite the task when you look at any picture from the '90s.

I do agree that I'm surprised they didn't do more with his face run in WWF. He had a good look, and seemed pretty popular and over at the time. He almost won the IC Title, IIRC, but they opted to keep it on Shawn Michaels I guess.

WCW botched his NWO debut horrifically. Maybe he just had bad timing with the way he grabbed Bret, but it was so obvious.

That said, I enjoyed him up until I heard Pettingil on Mania say that Crush had been arrested. For some reason, I 'knew' it was real. After that, I had a hard time getting behind him.

either way, RIP big man.

...and was the single most overpaid wrestler in the history of WCW.

I think that 'honor' probably goes to Scott Norton or Stevie Ray, who were getting around $800,000 per year.

Perhaps, I don't remember exactly what he made, but I remember they paid him a boatload of money to "steal" him from the WWF, even though Vince no longer wanted him, he had never drawn, and showed no signs of being worth shit.

That's not what happened at all. Brian Adams quit the WWF because he was pissed off that Kane injured him during a Tombstone. Everyone was real sensitive about that considering what had just happened to Steve Austin.

Scott Norton, Rick Steiner, Stevie Ray, and Booker T. were all making 7 figures in WCW when it closed.

Wow, CNN is covering Adams' death.

you're suprised? CNN will do ANYTHING to bash WWE... this guy hasnt been on the WWE roster for 10 years!

Technically, 6 years. Kronik wrestled the Brothers of Destruction.

Really? i had forgotton... i liked that tag team... didnt like when goldberg beat them in a handicap match.... in 3 minutes.... in the main event on a WCW PPV

Technically, 6 years. Kronik wrestled the Brothers of Destruction.

Really? i had forgotton... i liked that tag team... didnt like when goldberg beat them in a handicap match.... in 3 minutes.... in the main event on a WCW PPV

I think Goldberg accidentally knocked himself out while trying to spear one of them one time. I don't know if it was at Halloween Havoc, Nitro, or Thunder but I do remember seeing it in the "wrestling bloopers" thing on YT one time.

Here's some of Monday's TV coverage of his death on YouTube:

A quick segment on FoxNews with Greta Van Susteren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2qL5D9DWug

Nancy Grace with Marc Mero & Dave Meltzer:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhiqwRtrN8

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opmAcKZobKA

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjLBHb6px8

For a Dead Pool for wrestlers of the 80's and 90's, seems like you'd have to give more points for the ones that die at an older age. Cripes.

Fairly indifferent about his wrestling career outside of his run as Kona Crush and Purple Crush. Bummer that he's another one in a growing list.

I enjoyed his face run in as the Hawaiian when I was a kid. Remember his vignette when he would crush the pineapple? Damn shame. RIP Crush.

My local FOX station did a segment on his death. When they showed a photo of KroniK, they zoomed in on Bryan Clark. All the in-ring stuff was clearly Crush, but for whatever reason, they couldn't get the still shot right.

Why? For the money? No, he's not getting paid, and it's not like he's shilling a book he wrote or something. For the fame? No, if that was the case then he wouldn't have quit wrestling. I don't get people who claim that Mero has "an agenda": what agenda?

The agenda to tell people that 29 (or whatever) guys he has wrestled against have died, and that's not counting other people he worked with but didn't wrestle.

It's a pretty shocking statistic, either way. It's not about pointing fingers at any one person, but accepting the fact that this is a problem. I mean, can you imagine if someone like Roger Clemens had played with 29 other players who died in baseball? It would be a big deal...but people on the other hand just accept that wrestlers live risky lives, and if they die, what does it matter?