TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

There is no doubt in my mind that Batista and Cena are on roids. And I reckon they may have thought about how to get them a bit more carefully than the likes of Orton and Kennedy (Especially Dave, with him being friends with both Flair and Hunter, he may have got some "advice" on the best way to get them).

How is Snitsky NOT on roids? You mean all the back acne is just acne? You gotta be kidding me!

He comes from the Poconos. We're all built like that naturally.

You all look like you can do a connect the dots puzzle on your faces and backs? Man, you should look into that. Check your water supply or something cause...damn.

And right about now, the WWE is probably wishing they had kept the media black-out on a lot of their wrestlers cause wow did they all just do a grand job of fixing that stereotypical "All wrestlers are on roids" tag slap dab right on everyone in the business.

How is Snitsky NOT on roids? You mean all the back acne is just acne? You gotta be kidding me!

He comes from the Poconos. We're all built like that naturally.

You all look like you can do a connect the dots puzzle on your faces and backs? Man, you should look into that. Check your water supply or something cause...damn.

And right about now, the WWE is probably wishing they had kept the media black-out on a lot of their wrestlers cause wow did they all just do a grand job of fixing that stereotypical "All wrestlers are on roids" tag slap dab right on everyone in the business.

Well, its certainly possible to have all that backne and not be on roids. You should see my Dad's back. He's been a mill worker his whole life, but he's got one of the worst cases of backne you could ever see.

Cant believe Cena keeps his nose clean. The one guy we need to get suspended never has his name on any list

Cena's a fitness nut, and I would guess, not a steroid user.

Anymore.

Go find some pictures of him as The Prototype in UPW. That was when he was 'roiding.

Honestly, he really isn't roid-ripped.

Of course, neither are some of the stars on the list, but I assume they are pain-killer abusers, especially Regal.

Cant believe Cena keeps his nose clean. The one guy we need to get suspended never has his name on any list

Anymore.

Go find some pictures of him as The Prototype in UPW. That was when he was 'roiding.

Of course, neither are some of the stars on the list, but I assume they are pain-killer abusers, especially Regal.

I thought the same thing about Regal and painkillers, but the drugs listed for him are all growth hormones, steroids, or the drugs that act as estrogen blockers.

I was thinking, if the WWE has a solid drug testing policy in place, why weren't these guys caught sooner? Did they all have fake prescriptions?

Well, from what I read in some of the links, this was a Human Growth Hormone investigation. If that's the case they had no way of detecting the drug use. HGH only can be detected through a spinal tap which is by no means an easy routing procedure. 1 out of like every 1000 or so of them end in paralysis for the recipient, so they're generally considered a bad idea for a routine test.

HGH would be the same drugs to cause uproar in many other sports, specifically Barry Bonds and a variety of NFL players. So, yeah, you can't really blame WWE for not detecting HGH.

Also, a lot of this also seems to involve illegal prescription buying, and the wellness program allowed the steroid and painkiller use as long as it's by prescription. So the fact they bought the prescriptions instead of receiving them from a reputable doctor could be the reason for the suspensions.

This isn't really a failure of the Wellness system, although it does point out that they need to monitor HOW MANY drugs some of their stars are taking.

If steroids don't necessarily make people cut and ripped (see: Funaki, Umaga), then what's the point of taking them? People surmise that wrestlers take steroids in order to look cut, but if that's not happening, are they being taken to enhance strength or something? What possible benefit could they be for wrestlers like Umaga and Funaki, if their physiques aren't being noticeably altered?

Steroids DO NOT BUILD MUSCLE MASS!!! This is one of those fallacies I really hate. What steroids do is keep your muscles from developing an enzyme (I don't remember what its called at the moment) that causes pain when you're physically working them. Basically it allows you to work out harder and faster without succumbing to the ill effects of doing so. They do not build muscle mass if you don't use them for such. Thousands of Americans regularly use them as anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers, and prescription pain relievers.

Anymore.

I honestly don't think he was roiding then. He had the diet to keep up all that muscle mass (20lbs of steak a week? and that was just part of his diet? insane.)

But yeah, Cena just has no body fat which makes him look more muscular. I will never say for sure but I doubt the guy is taking anything.

I would believe that Lashley is on Roids over Cena. Cena look fit and muscular, as where Lahley looks like he just has a lot of muscle mass

Anymore.

Um..... yeah O.K. , and I have a 13 inch penis

I would believe that Lashley is on Roids over Cena. Cena look fit and muscular, as where Lahley looks like he just has a lot of muscle mass

RACIST~!

Anyway, I think it's pretty well established that taking steroids and growth hormones doesn't automatically pump you up. You still have to put the work in. Just because Cena has less muscle mass then Lashley doesn't make him any less likely to be an user. It's just a silly statement to make. If anything, we should think that they are all on drugs. With all the traveling and shows I don't think they have very much time to dedicate to the gym, so I would assume that a lot of them supplement their workouts with dope to maximize their gym time.

Anymore.

I think you are being way too over optimistic not thinking Cena is on at least something. He has one of the busiest schedules of anyone in the wwe so its hard to believe he would have all the time to look like that and not have help. There are individuals on that list that aren't roided up looking freaks yet you think cena is just a fitness nut? Of course there is a chance he isn't but all things considered I think you are being a bit naive.

I would like to point out again that Cena isn't really that big. I know that that isn't a indication of steroid use, but it is a indication of how much gym time he is able to put in.

The guy just has no body fat. I think his method of keeping his weight up is going to kill him earlier also though, but seroiusly, work out just a little bit while consuming 20lbs of lean beef and no fat intake along with some fat burner and see what happens to your body.

You will have a high sodium diet that promotes fat burning but gives you the protiend and lack of carbs to give you more muscle mass.

Once again, I am not definitively saying he isn't on anything, because that would be stupid. i don't know that dude. But watching his diet and eating habits, it is not only plausible, but its likely that he COULD maintain that muscle mass and look without the aid of illegal substance. not saying that he is, but his diet along with working out would give you those results.

I'd believe Cena isn't on roids...

But i also believe that if he's on the extremely controlled diet you need to maximize muscle mass, he's going to end up having a heart attack or stroke or diabetes by the time he's 35 or 40. In a way, that kind of diet can be worse for you than just using HGH, because it's screwing up your whole body.

I'd believe Cena isn't on roids...

But i also believe that if he's on the extremely controlled diet you need to maximize muscle mass, he's going to end up having a heart attack or stroke or diabetes by the time he's 35 or 40. In a way, that kind of diet can be worse for you than just using HGH, because it's screwing up your whole body.

Oh yeah, he is definately killing himself with his diet. His body fat is WAY to low to be even slightly healthy.

Awesome, a reason to eat more steak.

I, too, will play devil's advocate and say that Cena might not be on anything. Ditto with Punk.

Guest Hasbeen2

On the Raw, Smackdown and ECW pages, I counted 19, 18 and 13 available. That's not counting anyone out injured or on the suspended list. It is including the likes of Hacksaw Duggan, but not Snuka, Slaughter, etc. With some wrestlers crossing brands there should be enought to make decent shows but they need to invent some feuds and angles quick. If not it might seem like the team challenge series.

Cena's Popeye forearms are totally natural!

And the funny thing is all this Wellness Policy bullshit, the egregious facade McMahon's putting on about getting tough with drug use. THE MAN HIMSELF IS JUICED OUT OF HIS FUCKING MIND. Obviously he doesn't think steroids are so bad if he's pumped to the gills on 'em himself, and of course if he's trashing non-users on live TV (surely we haven't forgotten 'Randy Orton's neck looks like a stack of dimes'?), again, he must not be all that opposed.

I'm finding this sort of hard to believe but according to someone on dvd board foxnews is reporting Booker T has been fired. That would royally suck dick but take it with a grain of salt.

I'm finding this sort of hard to believe but according to someone on dvd board foxnews is reporting Booker T has been fired. That would royally suck dick but take it with a grain of salt.

I haven't found anything on either the Fox News or Fox Sports sites about Booker being fired. He's not even linked yet to having utilized the pharmacy during the period of the wellness policy.

What a week. First he jobs to HHH and then loses to Cena by DQ, then gets fired. I don't really believe he would get fired over this. He signed a new contract recently and this was the first time he got caught.

As for Cena, what you guys are writing reminds me of Bruce Lee. I believe Lee had little or no body fat and he also passed away at a young age. Vince should advise Cena to cut it out otherwise if he dies young, the media will blame steroids.

If steroids don't necessarily make people cut and ripped (see: Funaki, Umaga), then what's the point of taking them? People surmise that wrestlers take steroids in order to look cut, but if that's not happening, are they being taken to enhance strength or something? What possible benefit could they be for wrestlers like Umaga and Funaki, if their physiques aren't being noticeably altered?

Steroids DO NOT BUILD MUSCLE MASS!!! This is one of those fallacies I really hate. What steroids do is keep your muscles from developing an enzyme (I don't remember what its called at the moment) that causes pain when you're physically working them. Basically it allows you to work out harder and faster without succumbing to the ill effects of doing so. They do not build muscle mass if you don't use them for such. Thousands of Americans regularly use them as anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers, and prescription pain relievers.

Corticosteroids and glucocorticoids, which are the "anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers, and prescription pain relievers" that you talk of, are COMPLETELY different from HGH and anabolic steroids. Obviously, you have to lift to make crazy looking muscles on roids, but you can't build that muscle mass without the extra testosterone/dehydroepitestoterone, etc. that roids give you. Even if you didn't feel pain (like substance P as somehow completely inhibited), you wouldn't be able to make that amount of muscle mass (or gain more than 15 lbs of muscle, at most, in a year). Steroids help you recover faster and work out longer, but they certainly help you build (give your muscles the anabolic "fuel" ) muscle mass. i know this b/c i prescribe these anitinflammatories/prescription pain killers, and muscle relaxers in my practice.

Anymore.

I honestly don't think he was roiding then. He had the diet to keep up all that muscle mass (20lbs of steak a week? and that was just part of his diet? insane.)

But yeah, Cena just has no body fat which makes him look more muscular. I will never say for sure but I doubt the guy is taking anything.

Cena may not roiding now, but he couldn't have achieved the body he has without having done steroids in the past. It's easier to maintain muscle that you developed initially on roids (and now are off of it) than building that amount of muscle without roids ever in the first place. By a long shot. Heck, look at how much muscle Bonds still has at his age; he has to be off roids/HGH since Game of Shadows or he'd be the stupidest person in the world (ie, if someone (dealer) ratted him out with proof that he was still on it today, he'd be screwed even more publicly and in jail).

Now, all the workers in question... is it steroids or just abuse of perscriptions?

On a previous page in this thread, there was a description of every illegal substance each wrester was linked to. I think they all had at least one "steroid" they were caught with, but you can go back and check for yourself.

I was going to say that they may have had Regal suspend Umaga for "being too out of control" but then I realized that Regal was on that list as well. It's going to be an interesting few weeks to say the least.