TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

So I'm assuming there's going to be quite a few title changes next week? At least with Umaga and John Morrison (if they're actually ones who got caught.) WWE set up title programs for them before this happen. Now I'm just wondering how WWE is going to handle the "suspendeds", will WWE take these wrestlers off tv or will it be like the Orton thing where the WWE will just suspend their pay but will make them do tv?

So I guess the IC belt goes back to the never ending Benjamin/Carlito series of matches? As for the main event why not just let Cena beat Khali again to unify the belts then have Undertaker win one at Wrestlemania?

So I guess the IC belt goes back to the never ending Benjamin/Carlito series of matches? As for the main event why not just let Cena beat Khali again to unify the belts then have Undertaker win one at Wrestlemania?

Or Jeff Hardy wins it on Monday since WWE set the program back up. Why unify the titles?

Or Jeff Hardy wins it on Monday since WWE set the program back up. Why unify the titles?

Is there anybody out there who can pull a good match out of Khali? Anyone?....hello?....Mcfly?.....Bueller? When I think of Khali I have visions of the youtube clip of the worst match ever.

Is there anybody out there who can pull a good match out of Khali? Anyone?....hello?....Mcfly?.....Bueller?

You don't need a good match, you just need someone who can pull off a match.

OK so might as well start this.......how exactly is WWE going to handle this on TV? Is it possible they actually go on TV and publicly admit these guys were on the juice in the past and as such, are suspended?

My guess is that we are going to see a mass exodus immediately or at best, they give them time to be on TV one last shot next week and do alot of stretcher jobs, etc. Otherwise its just going to be too unusual to explain all of these people gone, unless they do go the route and outright just say these guys are suspended at the top of the shows next week and then dont even mention their names on the actual shows themselves in commentary, etc.

Now IF they give them another week to blow things off for these guys and give them the standard 30 day suspensions...

-Morrison - does the clean job to Punk next week on ECW

-Regal - possibly a match where he loses the commissioner spot, possibly to Sandman (just playing into the storyline from the battle royale he won)

-Umaga - does the job to Jeff Hardy (which in itself is kind of hypocritical) or perhaps Carlito

-Kennedy - probably some kind of mysterious stretcher job in the back

-Booker - I have no freakin idea other than a HHH squash perhaps

-Orton, storyline suspension for the attack on Cena's dad or else Cena goes bonkers and lays him out, stretcher job

-Others, probably little to nothing for an acknowledgement, other than Haas/Benjamin doing the job to Kendrick/London

-Batista (assuming he's going to be suspended - he's probably one of the two they are talking to tomorrow) - jobs out to Khali on Smackdown this week.

I was thinking, if the WWE has a solid drug testing policy in place, why weren't these guys caught sooner? Did they all have fake prescriptions?

That's why the Meltzer said the WWE is screwed. The Wellness Policy was supposed to catch all of this, and it has been exposed as one big joke.

I was thinking, if the WWE has a solid drug testing policy in place, why weren't these guys caught sooner? Did they all have fake prescriptions?

I think the deal is that the whole thing in itself was a joke and everyone was able to still take the shit and everything was acceptable, under the table. What makes me really confused though is that I thought it was independant testing from a reliable source? Wow, Vince may really be in for some deep shit here - could have been paying off these doctors to play off the tests as a-ok, etc.

The telling line from Meltzer:

"Based on these dates, the entire policy's credibility is shot in the sense there were detectable drugs purchased by talent through Internet doctors, a practice banned by the company's Wellness policy."

When the Benoit situation happened, I remember reading on several accounts how talent used to cheat drug tests by having "legitimate" prescriptions for painkillers/steroids/etc. The "Wellness Policy" was supposed to end the practice of using a Dr. Feel Good to supply a habit.

Ok so I might as well be the first to ask it - what is the odds here that we get another actual deal circa 93-94 or whenever that was? Where the company is taken to court and the whole nine yards. I didnt think it was possible again, but this has changed the whole situation BIGTIME. Its pretty much open and out there that either their testing was a smokescreen completely and actually was non-existant or else there was some serious cheating being done by the workers. Either way it makes the wellness policy into the biggest joke ever.

Ok so I might as well be the first to ask it - what is the odds here that we get another actual deal circa 93-94 or whenever that was? Where the company is taken to court and the whole nine yards. I didnt think it was possible again, but this has changed the whole situation BIGTIME. Its pretty much open and out there that either their testing was a smokescreen completely and actually was non-existant or else there was some serious cheating being done by the workers. Either way it makes the wellness policy into the biggest joke ever.

The fact that Congressional hearings are about to start can't help the matter. I can picture every Representative in that committee taking McMahon and his lawyers to task from start to finish.

The fact that Congressional hearings are about to start can't help the matter. I can picture every Representative in that committee taking McMahon and his lawyers to task from start to finish.

The timing is just ironic as all hell. How are they going to explain this?

"Umm, our doctors were apparently paid off by our workers to mask their results"? Thats about the only viable excuse I could come up with.

"Umm, our doctors were apparently paid off by our workers to mask their results"? Thats about the only viable excuse I could come up with.

Then the doctors would turn on McMahon and company so fast in an attempt to save themselves. I have a feeling Congress would take the word of a shady doctor over Vince McMahon 9 times out of ten.

Then the doctors would turn on McMahon and company so fast in an attempt to save themselves. I have a feeling Congress would take the word of a shady doctor over Vince McMahon 9 times out of ten.

Exactly. Wow, not even Miracleworker Jerry McDevitt can save Vince this time, me thinks.

Let's not get overdramatic here. The WWE will survive this. They have like 60 workers under contract, surely they can find short-term answers to tide them over.

"The winner of the match, and NEW world heavyweight champion, Triple H!"

Well, I mean, WWE only paid the company to do the testing. They don't pay them to punish the offenders. That's WWE's job.

I guess I can be happy in the fact that Punk will get the ECW belt.

Ha! Not that I want to join in on this game of 'jump to conclusions!' but playing devil's advocate, they could have a dusty finish DQ or some dumb finish ending in a vacated title, then moving the feud onto Punk vs. Big Daddy V.

I do not see them taking all 10 wrestlers and playing injury/jobber match angles on them all next week. I would like to see one of them admit to 'needing some time off'.

I guess I can be happy in the fact that Punk will get the ECW belt.

Ha! Not that I want to join in on this game of 'jump to conclusions!' but playing devil's advocate, they could have a dusty finish DQ or some dumb finish ending in a vacated title, then moving the feud onto Punk vs. Big Daddy V.

You take that back.

damnit I wanna know who got suspended now! This is all hilarious to me! But in all seriousness, it is a good thing, and should have never had to happen.

See, the not so secret aspect of the Wellness Program is that WWE doesn't really want to catch anyone. It was obviously bullshit from day one, just there to feed the occasional jobber to the public to show that the system "works."

I wouldn't be shocked if there is someone within WWE that will start providing these various guys with new doctors that aren't as easily found out.

McDevitt said this is not just a WWE problem. He said Signature Pharmacy was sending drugs to policemen, firemen, and pro athletes. He said he heard the NFL would be coming out with an announcement in the next few days. He said, "What you're going to find is that the drug of choice, if you will, for any athlete who wants to avoid a drug testing policy is human growth hormone which there is no test for. And it's a problem all leagues have, it's a problem we have, it's a problem anybody has who is engaged in drug testing. There's no scientific method to detect when an athete takes human growth hormone."

Well, that's a lie. There certainly is a BLOOD test to detect HGH, just not a urine test yet.