Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

Other grand slam champs:

Triple H: He's already here

RVD: pretty much done with the WWE

Kurt Angle: drinking and driving in TNA

Eddie Guerrero: dead

HBK: possibly, but for all intents and purposes he's done for awhile (or so he says)

I don't think RVD is. I don't recall him winning the European title, and it's not oin WWE's title history. Not a big deal, just curious if maybe I forgot something, as I'm prone to doing.

He won IC, Tag, World and Hardcore. He meets the 4 titles held mandate.

No, this is World, IC, Tag and European. RVD won the traditional one. RVD was the last European title holder. It was shortly after the brand extension, he was IC champ and beat Dreamer for the Hardcore title in a Unification Match and then beat I believe Jeff Hardy in a Unification match for the European. So he was technically European champ for about as long as it took him to carry the belt to the locker room. Then it was merged into the US Title. This was being done because it was rumored that the IC belt would become the top belt for RAW. RVD lost the belt to Jericho, who lost it to Kane around the time HHH got the Big Gold belt. He beat Kane and merged the IC belt into that in fall of 02, until they decided to bring the IC title back at Judgment Day 03.

I haven't watched my tape of SD yet, but did it show this week's "save_us.22" promo? I'm pretty sure I didn't see it on ECW, and if it wasn't on SD, that leads me to believe they pulled the promo so that there wasn't any more of a reason to believe something was happening on 10/07. Then they used the week to make the new promo that aired tonight.

So maybe Jericho *was* supposed to return tonight but they decided to hold off to establish Orton/HHH and re-think how they wanted Jericho to come back (presumably he would have returned to be involved with Cena, which no longer is a possibility)...?

It would be interesting to see what exactly they are going to do with Jericho when he DOES come back. Right now there are next to no top-teir baby faces in the company, but Jericho was always the most entertaining when he was a heel. Though I would be interested in seeing Jericho and Kennedy have a few mic wars against each other....could make for some entertaining TV

It would be interesting to see what exactly they are going to do with Jericho when he DOES come back. Right now there are next to no top-teir baby faces in the company, but Jericho was always the most entertaining when he was a heel. Though I would be interested in seeing Jericho and Kennedy have a few mic wars against each other....could make for some entertaining TV

And if HHH has any more nights like No Mercy, there'll be no more heels either.

Edit:

Looking forward to seeing the updated HHH Squashed Tour sig now.

From today's Wrestling Observer update:

--Robert Brunning from the U.K. believes this is the clue for Saveus222. October 28, 2007, the date of Cyber Sunday, is 2 years, 2 months and 2 days after Chris Jericho's final WWE TV appearance on August 26, 2005

Guest thehartfoundation

Yeah I think it is Jericho also, as of this point all signs point to him, but it seems like every week the saveus222 promo gives us more clues, so maybe tomorrow we will know for sure.

The more clues they drop, the more it has to be Jericho. Vince tested the waters a bit at No Mercy when he saw how hot the crowd was for Jericho with the "Y2J" chant, and he even teased it. Anything besides Jericho at this point will be an utter waste of time and money.

I've brought it up before, but I feel it's worth mentioning that as far as ECW this last week goes (haven' watched SD), the latest version of the promo did not air, which I think is backing up the claim that whoever is coming back is going to return to RAW (as if there was any doubt).

Unless the plans change before then Chris Jericho will make his long awaited WWE return on the 10/22 Raw. WWE is hoping this will not only boost their TV ratings but help the Cyber Sunday buy rate.

RAW head writer Brian Gerwitz wanted Jericho to return this past Sunday at No Mercy but both Jericho and Vince were against it. Vince thought it was way to soon after the video teasers began airing. Jericho wanted to wait so that he could let the tension build and also so that he can return just days before his book is released. If he promotes in on RAW a few days before people are more likely to purchase it than if he did so weeks before where they might forget about it's release before it comes out.

PWtorch audio

Unless the plans change before then Chris Jericho will make his long awaited WWE return on the 10/22 Raw. WWE is hoping this will not only boost their TV ratings but help the Cyber Sunday buy rate.

RAW head writer Brian Gerwitz wanted Jericho to return this past Sunday at No Mercy but both Jericho and Vince were against it. Vince thought it was way to soon after the video teasers began airing. Jericho wanted to wait so that he could let the tension build and also so that he can return just days before his book is released. If he promotes in on RAW a few days before people are more likely to purchase it than if he did so weeks before where they might forget about it's release before it comes out.

PWtorch audio

I'd honestly wait to even the PPV.

Have a teaser promo that gives the exact date of the PPV saying that that's when '222' will return/debut/whatever.

So his first promo on his return is going to involve promotion of his book? Man..wow, talk about sucking all the air out of a debut. He's here to save us and offer us great deals on reading material!

Really? Jericho is going to come back and tell us to buy his book?

I doubt it. I'm sure he'll mention it or something, but do you really think that in his first promo back in years that he's going to end a line with "... by the way, buy my new book in stores next week."?

Also, is there anyone/where that I can get the whole series of the 222 ads?

I've looked on youtube and I can only find the debut one.

I hope the Jericho return isnt strictly just for that reason, it CANT be - can it? That would be so ridiculous.

For what its worth, I'm glad he's returning on Raw though, as I'm not very wanting to purchase the ppv just to see his return anyway. And the ratings need a boost. Would imagine there would be a strong suggestion, if not outright announcement that Jericho is back next week on tonights Raw.

I'm interested to see how Vince will push him.

He's getting this huge pay check, so they will presumably feel the need to get their money's worth and push him in the main event. But he's still not the size Vince likes (5,7). And I'm assuming he hasn't patched things up with HHH either.

I'm interested to see how Vince will push him.

He's getting this huge pay check, so they will presumably feel the need to get their money's worth and push him in the main event. But he's still not the size Vince likes (5,7). And I'm assuming he hasn't patched things up with HHH either.

Jericho spoke warmly of HHH recently, so he's playing the game now.

Guest thehartfoundation

I want to see if he will become a face or a heal, ovboiusly he will be a face when he first makes his return, but who knows what route he will take after that, I guess it all depends on who is the Champ, which I am expecting to be Orton, no matter who faces him at Cyber Sunday. His title reign is not gonna be that brief, the only person I think can knock him off other than Cena is HHH, but maybe Jericho can also.

Unfortunately, given the roster's credible Raw heels, which are few and far between, I'm betting he's brought back as a heel.

^ Heel Jericho is still gold, as long as he has the mic.

But he's still not the size Vince likes (5,7).

Seriously? 5' 7"?

I thought he was around 5' 9" or so. Anyways, I'm 5' 11" and always wondered whether I'm tall enough for heavyweight status (Seeing as I can't bulk up like Taz did, and even he was mocked for his size).

After No Mercy, am I the only one who lost any interest in this and doesn't care anymore until they finally reveal this person.

as far as the book thing goes, the best wya to do it is not for Jericho to mention it, but simply to make a big splash on his return then have JR or whoever mention his book. He'll be foremost in WWE fans' minds if he's put into a main event angle.

Also, is there anyone/where that I can get the whole series of the 222 ads?

I've looked on youtube and I can only find the debut one.

They're all linked at the very bottom of WWE.com

Just watched them all.

The last two were the ones that intrigued me most.

both included /bookshelves/.

and both had some sort of sped up speech at the end.

dunno, take it for what it's worth.

Jericho is only 5'10 with the lifts in his boots? Wow, that's the same height as me. I guess TV really does make everyone look bigger...unless it's the Big Show, then you have to see him in person to really get a sense of how large he is. ;)