TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

The office was never big on Layla because her look isn't really want they want out of their divas.

So in other words, they don't like black women?

World White Entertainment.

Seriously though, they liked Kristal enough and apparently wanted her to pose for playboy at one time. So I don't know why they'd be willing to push her so much if they had a problem with her being black.

Her race is the only thing I can think of which differentiates her from the other Divas. Same cheerleader/fitness model background, same implants, same physique which looks awfully similar to those maintained by hardcore fat burners and speed pills, etcetera.

Also, is it just me, or does the WWE tend to fire women over "ego problems" or "behaviour issues" more often than they do with men? Seems like practically every time they release a diva, we get some inevitable "she was a bitch" story in the next Observer. Interesting look at a possible double standard within the company, though it would hardly be unique, corporate America is still very often an old white boys' club.

And agreed on the fact that, even though she's essentially just a dancer who is damn near worthless in a wrestling setting, it's not like Kelly is better than her.

However, Kelly is safe despite her inability to work or dance.

She has what the company likes. Blond hair and breasts that look good and massive in a push-up bra.

However, Kelly is safe despite her inability to work or dance.

She has what the company likes. Blond hair and breasts that look good and massive in a push-up bra.

One would think they would want what the PEOPLE/their customers want but as usual they think they know better than most. Take layla for example, the fans voted her in. They liked her but that is irrelevant because Steph and Mcmahon think the fans want the usual, boring, stale, genetic blonde chick. Their logic, or lack there of is astounding sometimes

They did everything they could to make Layla look worse. She looked great when she debuted, but they've straightened her hair and made her look, well, whiter.

For the record, I don't like for any girls to have curly hair (white,black any race), its always been a complete turn-off to me. So the only time I've ever found Layla even remotely attractive was after they straightened her hair, and honestly I think most guys feel that way. So I think it was a total fluke that she won the Diva Search contest, she was by far one of the least attractive girls in it. In highschool I knew a girl who had really curly hair, and the kids were brutal to her, her nickname was "noodle-haired bitch".

They did everything they could to make Layla look worse. She looked great when she debuted, but they've straightened her hair and made her look, well, whiter.

For the record, I don't like for any girls to have curly hair (white,black any race), its always been a complete turn-off to me. So the only time I've ever found Layla even remotely attractive was after they straightened her hair, and honestly I think most guys feel that way. So I think it was a total fluke that she won the Diva Search contest, she was by far one of the least attractive girls in it. In highschool I knew a girl who had really curly hair, and the kids were brutal to her, her nickname was "noodle-haired bitch".

A fluke? She got the most votes, how is that a fluke? Actually alot of Layla's hotness is in her attitude which is why I think she won the Diva search. Why you and your high school got to be hating on curly haired girls? Some girls look really, really good with the uber curl. Some look like witches, but some look uber hot.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

This is one of the crazier posts I've seen here. How is curly hair of all things a turn-off?

Anyways, if "most guys" hated curly hair, curling irons wouldn't exist.

JBL's much more valuable as color commentator. I don't know how he could do both, I know Lawler does, but he's sitting ringside in his gear, wrestles a short match and goes back to calling the match. JBL would be in higher profile matches, that would both last longer and be more physically taxing. He'd need a segment before his match to go and get ready, his whole match, and then a segment after his match to cool down and change out of his gear - that's at least a quarter of the show without him on commentary, so I assume you'd need to bring in a guest commentator for those segments unless you want Cole to call them alone.

180px-Strikermatt.jpg

Or you put Tazz back out there.

Dear God no, it's bad enough he still has a job, let alone put him on colour comentary on TWO shows.

WWE PPV – Survivor Series

Sunday, November 18 - 8pm ET/5pm PT

Don’t Miss Edge’s Return!

www.wwe.com/shows/survivorseries

This is one of the crazier posts I've seen here. How is curly hair of all things a turn-off?

I've always thought of curly hair as one of those things some girls like to have, but most guys find un-attractive and are just too chicken-shit to tell them about it (along with Birkenstock sandals, Crocs, Capri pants, etc.). I've never known any guys who like curly haired girls. Oh well, maybe Vince thinks like that way too? :unsure:

I should add that I think some girls actually look ok with curly hair (like Lena from tATu for 1 example), but I mostly just don't like the really tight curls. And I never found Layla attractive aside from her ass, until she straightened her hair.

I've always thought of curly hair as one of those things some girls like to have, but most guys find un-attractive and are just too chicken-shit to tell them about it (along with Birkenstock sandals, Crocs, Capri pants, etc.). I've never known any guys who like curly haired girls. Oh well, maybe Vince thinks like that way too? :unsure:

I should add that I think some girls actually look ok with curly hair (like Lena from tATu for 1 example), but I mostly just don't like the really tight curls. And I never found Layla attractive aside from her ass, until she straightened her hair.

Can't I'm a big fan of really, tight, curly hair. I don't mind it if it's a bit wavy, or whatever. But too many, tight curls does not do it for me. Reminds me too much of Carrot Top.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/...--triple-h.html

Triple H got some backstage heat following the San Diego house show on 3 November. It was a Raw card with Rey Mysterio as a special addition, since the event was in his hometown. The last time he appeared there was when he had just had surgery and Vince McMahon had Umaga beat him up as part of the build towards a Vince/Mysterio match at SummerSlam that never actually happened. Umaga felt the best way to end the show would be with Mysterio, who is a good friend of his in real life, pinning him. The consensus of the other wrestlers was that it was the right way to book the main event, which saw Mysterio and Triple H team up to face Umaga and Randy Orton, yet Triple H made sure the finish was him pinning Orton.

and Shawn has a bad back and two largely useless knees.

That's from Bryan Alvarez.

Shawn Michaels still moves around pretty damn good for someone with "useless" knees. I'm sure his career will be over in a few years or less, but lets not make Shawn Michaels sound like a broken down hack who can't go in the ring.

He's still by far one of the best performers.

Dangerous Davey Scherer says there is a "behind the scenes" issue being worked on that accounts for Divas vanishing from WWE.com

I guess either Batista got them all or they al rejected him. So I guess when it comes to WWE divas the code words "behind the scenes" really means Batista.

One would think they would want what the PEOPLE/their customers want but as usual they think they know better than most. Take layla for example, the fans voted her in. They liked her but that is irrelevant because Steph and Mcmahon think the fans want the usual, boring, stale, genetic blonde chick. Their logic, or lack there of is astounding sometimes

Yep.. fans voted her in(who obvisouly liked her), but WWE likes their generic white blonde bitches....

Speaking of diva's

Practically no Diva in WWE can compare to the Glamazon, Beth Phoenix. The Women’s Champion says she is the epitome of beauty, class and athleticism and has proven it since she burst on the scene earlier this year. She settles for nothing less than perfection and will expect nothing less from her team when she leads Jillian Hall, Melina, Victoria & Layla into an interpromotional 10 Divas Tag Team Match against Mickie James, Maria, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly at Survivor Series.

WWE.com

This match would be interesting only if the one's who are eliminated get fired.

Yep.. fans voted her in(who obvisouly liked her), but WWE likes their generic white blonde bitches....

To be fair they have pushed women in the past who aren't the typical generic blonde (Lita, Chyna, Candice, Melina). I even remember something about Angel Williams (who is the typical blonde with big boobs) being let go partly because she was too generic looking and they didn't think she'd stand out.

In fact, I think nowadays a girl in WWE has more chance of succeeding if she isn't a typical blonde diva.

It will probably only be a sudden death match like 1999. They've been calling the elimination matches "classic" the last couple years, and this is only advertised as a regular tag.

From PWInsider.com:

Apparently not only did Carlito lose twice in Puerto Rico (where he is said to be a huge star), but also WWE.com has put all of his merchandise on clearance.