TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

First No Mercy and now Survivor Series, I'm starting to like WWEs PPV posters alot more.

I'm watching MSG, NY and the host of the show is none other then Jonathan Coachman. Does anyone know if this is going to be his new gig?

I'm watching MSG, NY and the host of the show is none other then Jonathan Coachman. Does anyone know if this is going to be his new gig?

He was working for Fox Sports for awhile as a commentator for mid-level college basketball games (which I believe might have pre-dated his WWE career) What does being the host of that entail? Is it a studio show or something?

Coach really doesn't need to waste his time with wrestling as he's a good commentator for college basketball and football. He's better than most of the stooges who do the NFL games on the 4 major networks.

Where did the chainsaw talk come from?

W01120X.JPG

Yes, it's just a poster but it'd still be quite a sight. Going through the ring would just be for dramatic effect.

I'm still waiting for that dragon from the No Mercy 06 poster.

I found this interview done by Bret Hart on prowrestling.com that was supposedly done by WWE.com, but I can't seem to find it on the WWE website. Did anyone happen to catch it on the site?

With the upcoming tenth anniversary of Bret “The Hit Man” Hart’s last appearance in a WWE ring, WWE.com conducted an interview with Hart that is now on the official web site. The interview touches on the Montreal Screwjob and more. Below are some of the highlights:

Wishing that the incident never happened: "I wish things had never changed and that I was still [in WWE],” stated a very frank Hit Man. “I look back on that incident as a bad decision by Vince McMahon and WWE. I think we all can look back and know that there was a better way to do things." He continued, "It's a shame that things happened the way they did, but in the end, I think people have always respected me for being someone who always stood behind his beliefs, and stood up for himself."

Not forgiving people that played a part in the 'Montreal Screwjob': "There were a lot of elements that worked during that period; a lot of political jealousies and rivalries," the five-time WWE Champion claimed. "I don’t forgive anybody involved in that – from Gerald Brisco to Michaels to Triple H to Vince. But at the same time, I realize that life’s too short to carry around hard feelings on an everyday basis."

On McMahon having no other choice but to do what he did: "I take issue with anyone who ever suggests that there was no other choice,” Hart asserted. “But, Vince was under a fair bit of pressure financially back then. I can feel for him a little. I think [McMahon] has told me himself – and I believe him – that he wishes things had been done differently and has regrets about it. It should’ve never happened, but it did happen... and I have moved on."

Fans believing in him more than Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior: "The fans really believed in me, more so than the Hogans and the Warriors," a candid Hit Man told WWE.com. "I think I was the most basic wrestler; I wasn’t the big guy, the most flamboyant and certainly not the most charismatic; but I was the most real. My wrestling was real, my personality was real and my interaction with the fans was real."

WWE.com will have part two of their interview with Hart tomorrow as they tease he will give his thoughts on Batista, John Cena, and more.

Look harder and you'll find it.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/harttenyearslaterpt1

Read the What If on Montreal being reversed. Nice to see Triple H speak out loud. I must admit I find Lawler's thought to be very candid and pretty much 100% true.

He was working for Fox Sports for awhile as a commentator for mid-level college basketball games (which I believe might have pre-dated his WWE career) What does being the host of that entail? Is it a studio show or something?

Basically it's a studio show that goes over the happenings of MSG. They have it nightly. My dad told me he has been hosting the show for about a month already.

Coach really doesn't need to waste his time with wrestling as he's a good commentator for college basketball and football. He's better than most of the stooges who do the NFL games on the 4 major networks.

I remember watch one of the WWE DVDs. On some of the matches they have alternate commentaries as everyone knows. I remember hear Coach call one of the matches and he was really good. he wasn't playing a character, he was calling it as he would regularly and I really enjoyed his stuff.

Funny side story. When WWE: The World was aroujnd and they had HEaT tapings I knew someone that went down and he called over Al Snow and when Snow came over he said, "Hey Al, can you introduce me to Coach." Snow then walked away. I'm no longer friend with that guy seeing as he was an asshole anyway.

At least Test had a little bit of common sense and only changed his middle name.

Wait..so you're telling me...

He really changed his initials to ATM? Thats *so* money! :headbang:

(it's late. That's the best I could come up with. bite me)

- Several people in WWE were said to be happy with Santino Marella’s work on RAW this past Monday in the beer truck segment with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Many were surprised at the lack of pop that Austin received but felt that Marella sold the “hose down” well.

They really shouldn't be.

Guest Bigelow34

Basically it's a studio show that goes over the happenings of MSG. They have it nightly. My dad told me he has been hosting the show for about a month already.

I remember watch one of the WWE DVDs. On some of the matches they have alternate commentaries as everyone knows. I remember hear Coach call one of the matches and he was really good. he wasn't playing a character, he was calling it as he would regularly and I really enjoyed his stuff.

Funny side story. When WWE: The World was aroujnd and they had HEaT tapings I knew someone that went down and he called over Al Snow and when Snow came over he said, "Hey Al, can you introduce me to Coach." Snow then walked away. I'm no longer friend with that guy seeing as he was an asshole anyway.

I met the Coach at Bobby Valentine's in Stamford one Sunday. He was there to watch the Chiefs game and was a really cool guy. He sat in the booth behind us and we chatted with him on and off. This was late 03 (Octoberish) right after his heel turn and we told him that he belonged in the Raw booth and not JR and that he was being held back. He laughed and thanked us. Just one of those experiences that made me a fan of a guy for life.

What exactly is Edge going to do at Survivor Series?

Interupt the HIAC by chainsawing through the ring itself or the cellor run-in during the elimination match and go after Kane since he was the one who took him out.

I'm not the most handy guy, but I highly recommend not trying to cut through a steel cage with a chain saw. Edge might lose his life, or get his finger caught in the cage.

I found this interview done by Bret Hart on prowrestling.com that was supposedly done by WWE.com, but I can't seem to find it on the WWE website. Did anyone happen to catch it on the site?

With the upcoming tenth anniversary of Bret “The Hit Man” Hart’s last appearance in a WWE ring, WWE.com conducted an interview with Hart that is now on the official web site. The interview touches on the Montreal Screwjob and more. Below are some of the highlights:

Wishing that the incident never happened: "I wish things had never changed and that I was still [in WWE],” stated a very frank Hit Man. “I look back on that incident as a bad decision by Vince McMahon and WWE. I think we all can look back and know that there was a better way to do things." He continued, "It's a shame that things happened the way they did, but in the end, I think people have always respected me for being someone who always stood behind his beliefs, and stood up for himself."

Not forgiving people that played a part in the 'Montreal Screwjob': "There were a lot of elements that worked during that period; a lot of political jealousies and rivalries," the five-time WWE Champion claimed. "I don’t forgive anybody involved in that – from Gerald Brisco to Michaels to Triple H to Vince. But at the same time, I realize that life’s too short to carry around hard feelings on an everyday basis."

On McMahon having no other choice but to do what he did: "I take issue with anyone who ever suggests that there was no other choice,” Hart asserted. “But, Vince was under a fair bit of pressure financially back then. I can feel for him a little. I think [McMahon] has told me himself – and I believe him – that he wishes things had been done differently and has regrets about it. It should’ve never happened, but it did happen... and I have moved on."

Fans believing in him more than Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior: "The fans really believed in me, more so than the Hogans and the Warriors," a candid Hit Man told WWE.com. "I think I was the most basic wrestler; I wasn’t the big guy, the most flamboyant and certainly not the most charismatic; but I was the most real. My wrestling was real, my personality was real and my interaction with the fans was real."

WWE.com will have part two of their interview with Hart tomorrow as they tease he will give his thoughts on Batista, John Cena, and more.

Look harder and you'll find it.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/harttenyearslaterpt1

Read the What If on Montreal being reversed. Nice to see Triple H speak out loud. I must admit I find Lawler's thought to be very candid and pretty much 100% true.

I'm not sure what Austin is taking about.

Triple H's response is actually quite funny.

Which leads me to the question, we know Shawn and Bret hate each other.

WHY and HOW do HHH and Bret have heat with each other?

Bret doesn't like Triple H because he was Michaels lacky during that time and also knew about it didn't he? I could be completely wrong however.

Also because Bret liked The Rock and refused to just squash him when he was starting to gain steam, like HHH & HBK wanted. So HHH hates Bret because he had the audacity to see the bullshit they were trying to pull on The Rock.

Bret doesn't like Triple H because he was Michaels lacky during that time and also knew about it didn't he? I could be completely wrong however.

Bret Hart's then wife chewing out HHH after the fact was one of the best moments on "Wrestling with Shadows".

Nah. HHH came running down to ringside right after the bell.

Also Brets ex-wife gave Hunter a verbal beatdown as seen in Wrestling w/ Shadows.

Where did the chainsaw talk come from?

W01120X.JPG

Yes, it's just a poster but it'd still be quite a sight. Going through the ring would just be for dramatic effect.

I'm still waiting for that dragon from the No Mercy 06 poster.

The same dragon that King Booker slayed?